Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo Comfortline AT launched at Rs. 8.51 lakh

Volkswagen is now offering the 6-speed automatic transmission in Comfortline variant of the Polo. This variant is priced at Rs. 8.51 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

Volkswagen Polo Comfortline AT launched at Rs. 8.51 lakh-volkswagenpolo3.jpg

The Polo is powered by a 1.0-litre, turbo-petrol engine that puts out 109 BHP and 175 Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. It's the same torque converter automatic that is available in the Highline trim. This variant costs Rs. 9.60 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

The Comfortline variant comes with features such as automatic climate control and a 7.0-inch Blaupunkt audio system.

The Polo Comfortline AT is available in five colour options - Flash Red, Sunset Red, Candy White, Reflex Silver and Carbon Steel.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd June 2021 at 13:21.
TusharK is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo Comfortline AT launched at Rs. 8.51 lakh

A sincere letter to VW, Can you please not already launch the new version of Polo instead of just sending in minor tweaks? We are waiting for the new model since ages now.
aamishdhingra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Once bitten twice shy! We see their ad and book the car and they discontinue it after couple of weeks without honouring the booking. No thank you VW!
Latheesh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:50   #4
BHPian

A premium of 1 lakh for the AT, seems like a good deal to me. Skoda charges approx. 1.3 lakhs for the same AT over the regular rider variant.

This would have been a complete package for me if they had given Steering mounted controls as well.

Hopefully this car stays in the lineup & doesn't go the same path as the VW Polo Turbo limited edition @6.99 Lakhs.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 15:30   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Volkswagen India has adopted the Agile model commonly found in the software industry. Run a sprint of a few weeks, and be committed to show some changes at the end of every sprint. But with limited resources and options and an ageing carline with no further development support from Germany(they have already moved a generation ahead), only one thing works - Permutation and Combination

The car is more than a decade old, but the powertrain is still highly competent. I think that was one of the best results VW achieved so far to compensate for the loss of the 1.2 GT TSI. If only they didn't change the variant list so frequently.
audioholic is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 15:46   #6
BHPian

In the space of cars below 10 lakhs where there is a dearth of proper automatics, the Comfortline version of Polo automatic is a welcome addition. Add fun factor and Polo automatic gets even more exclusive in this range.
Turbokick is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:47   #7
BHPian

I am not sure if it was available earlier but there is no 1.0 TSi Comfortline MT. It is only available in AT. The MT variant at <8L will be a steal of a car. Hoot to drive and super fun to mod with minimal risk of blown DSGs.

As much as I want the new Polo, it'll be significantly more expensive and at that point stops being fun. I can take a risk and mod the hell out of the current Polo but anything over 12-13L (Taigun, new Polo) and I wouldn't risk it with VWs horrendous warranty issues.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:15   #8
BHPian

Again?? What is VW upto? I seriously wonder who comes up with these editions at VW India. As a former GT TSI owner l, I have utmost respect for the car and have had some amazing fun and zippy drives. I however sorely feel that no matter what, this model is outdated and the newer model has to be bought in.

One can only push this so far, considering the spate of recent editions of Polo that have come out.
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
I am not sure if it was available earlier but there is no 1.0 TSi Comfortline MT. It is only available in AT.
Carwale is showing a Comfortline TSI manual @ 7.41 ex showroom.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:59   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The lockdown has barely been lifted in MH, but the VW 'new variants team' has already reported to work .

But seriously, this is a great option for those who want a solid, fast, safe AT hatchback and don't mind the old nature of the product, poor rear legroom and VW's hit-or-miss ownership experiences. <10-lakhs on the road.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 00:03   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Carwale is showing a Comfortline TSI manual @ 7.41 ex showroom.
Comfortline TSI was available since mid-April. In their typical model soup ways, VW launched the TSI edition for 6.99 lakhs based on the Comfortline trim in mid-Feb. These got cosmetic updates over the Comfortline such as gloss black ORVM caps, spoiler, and black seat covers with red inserts. These models were sold out in days due to the compelling pricing. They then brought in the regular Comfortline with the TSI engine for 7.41 lakhs in mid-April. Now they have launched the same car with an AT for 8.51 lakhs which is great value. But wait for a few months, I would not be surprised if they come up with a AT "TSI Edition" at Rs. 7.99 lakhs or so, as they keep dropping high value variants into the market every now and then and withdrawing them when stocks sell out.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 4th June 2021 at 00:04.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 10:08   #12
BHPian

This is a great deal considering that till early 2020 enthusiast would happily buy 1.2 GT TSI for 11 lacs +, moreover this has a reliable gearbox and better performing engine with slightly lesser features.

Being a lucky owner of Polo Turbo Edition (bought at 7.35 lacs OTR), I must say polo is still the best option for someone looking hot hatch, engine has oodles of oomph, chassis is the most competent in the segment and its 4 star GNCAP rated. There’s simply no other car in the current market as fun to drive as Polo TSI < 20 lacs.
divyadeeptsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 13:17   #13

Looks like the new variant gets a touchscreen infotainment too. The comfortline tsi already gets more features compared to the regular comfortline, this gets additional ones on top.

The highline gets less and less vfm with every new variant launched.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo Comfortline AT launched at Rs. 8.51 lakh-comfortline-tsi-.jpg  

Sayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 14:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is a great move by VW.

Offering the Tsi AT in the Comfortline variant makes the wonderful engine gearbox combo more accessible. Also it is a fact, that the acceptance of AT cars are increasing day by day. This is one fun AT car with the convenience of driving hassle free in traffic.
Old 4th June 2021, 14:54   #15
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo Comfortline AT launched at Rs. 8.51 lakh

I booked the Polo CL AT TSI just hours back!
I had to cancel my already booked Baleno CVT Delta but I didnt think too much ! I was eyeing on HL AT in March for Onroad 10,8 L around here in chennai , but suddenly the April price increase took it to 11.3 around ! It was no brainer so I went ahead with Baleno cvt . But now with CL variant around 10L on road , made lot of sense to come back to the German again !

Last edited by vishnana : 4th June 2021 at 14:55.
vishnana is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks