Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive recently completed luxury segment comparo on chennai race track featuring BMW, Audi, Volvo & Mercedes. It was telecast in this week's auto show on CNBC.

And, by the way, overdrive seems to be new partner for CNBC, autocar India seems to have logged out.
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The results of those matchups are already known !! lol...
Where?

Quote:
The Esteem cant really be compared to the Swift, can it ?
Why not, they both have similar engines. We're only talking performance here wrt engine capacity.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 3rd April 2008 at 10:45.
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:54   #18
BANNED

Civic vs Octy

Some time back BSM did PET (Performance Evaluation Test) between these two. I don't want to spoil the fun by giving the results. Read here:
Tests - Civic unrest - Business Standard Motoring
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
We need to see more race tracks first !! AFAIK, All known ones are in Tamil Nadu. Its as if the rest of the country isnt bothered.
Amen to that. I wish there was a place we could take our cars to.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:58   #20
BHPian

overdrive had tested 10 sedans 2 years back like the rs,corolla and accord,the result were very interesting.
1 the rs was obvisiously the quickest
2 corolla was second , surprise
3 accord was beaten by both rs and corolla , lol
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Cant we incorporate this in one of our track days,lol.It should be done now with all new set of wheels now on road and the last time tests involved mainly baleno,OHC,lancer etc out of which 2 are no more in production now.I would like to see the NHC,VERNA,SX4,lancer,fiesta etc compete it out there.
ram
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I would like to see the NHC,VERNA,SX4,lancer,fiesta etc compete it out there.
ram
That would be interesting.
IMO fiesta would be a clear winner or Verna if the track is straight as an arrow.
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Another interesting concept would be to pit the old vs new, from the same manufacturer. Eg : OHC VTEC vs NHC VTEC - Baleno vs SX4 - Ikon vs Fiesta - Esteem vs Swift - Qualis vs Innova etc

I'm sure many of the new car owners would like to know how their cars compare to their older versions.

Shan2nu
Sure Iam interested in all except OHC Vtech vs NHC Vtech. For me looks takes priority in this case even if NHC better in all other aspect
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:54   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Err, what I meant was that it was common knowledge. Not a particular test or anything.

The OHC will totally thrash the NHC. The Innova will do the same to the Qualis and the Baleno will do that to the SX4.

That is why, the only intersting matchups would be between the Esteem/Swift and the Ikon/Fiesta.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Err, what I meant was that it was common knowledge. Not a particular test or anything.
As far as i know, only their straightline performance has been compared (where the NHC was said to be as quick, upto 160kmph).

We know nothing about how they handle around a track. Track racing isn't just about power or torque. It's about gear ratios, weight distribution, tyre width-compound-size, brake bias, suspension setup, steering to wheel ratio and lots of other variables.

Take the S2000 vs Civic Typa R

S2000 has 200 cc more, has the same weight, produces 15bhp more, has RWD advantage, has a much lower COG but still ends up being slower on track.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:32   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
As far as i know, only their straightline performance has been compared (where the NHC was said to be as quick, upto 160kmph).

We know nothing about how they handle around a track. Track racing isn't just about power or torque. It's about gear ratios, weight distribution, tyre width-compound-size, brake bias, suspension setup, steering to wheel ratio and lots of other variables.

Take the S2000 vs Civic Typa R

S2000 has 200 cc more, has the same weight, produces 15bhp more, has RWD advantage, has a much lower COG but still ends up being slower on track.

Shan2nu
I am aware if that. Which is exactly why I said the OHC will probably thrash the NHC on the track. The suspension, steering, etc are supposed to be much better on the OHC.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks