Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2021, 22:45   #1
BANNED

Mahindra Xdreno name registered – Bolero Pickup in the making?

Mahindra Xdreno name registered – Bolero Pickup in the making?-mahindraxdrenoboleropickuplaunch1768x685.jpg
Quote:
Mahindra recently laid out a comprehensive roadmap for its upcoming future lineup of products. This includes both passenger vehicle and commercial vehicle segments. On a related note, Mahindra has filed a trademark for the name ‘Xdreno’ which might be used for the upcoming range of pickup trucks based on Bolero. Under the tagline, “We get the tough going”, the homegrown UV manufacturer has revealed a prospective lineup for future small commercial vehicles which included various segments such as pickup trucks, three-wheelers, last mile mobility as well as battery-powered vehicles
Mahindra Bolero render by SRK Designs:

Mahindra Xdreno name registered – Bolero Pickup in the making?-mahindraxdrenoboleropickuplaunch1068x601.jpg

Source
wheelguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 23:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Xdreno name registered – Bolero Pickup in the making?

Seriously what is this complicated naming. I guess half the time of the Sales advisor will be to explain how to pronounce this if launched.
indian21r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 10:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

As Russel Peters pronounced Xobele as T’Belay

This would be the T’Dreno.
gsferrari is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 10:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

I googled the meaning of dreno and got meaning as "Drain" in both Portuguese and Spanish. Definitely, Mahindra would not have chosen the name Dreno with the word Drain in their mind.

So, near words for Dreno is ADRENO or Adrenaline - a harmone generated in human body (in adrenal cortex - a part above kidney) to face the unforeseen challenges and risks.

May be Mahindra would have thought about Adrenaline and coined the word Dreno and prefixed with x to indicate, x times more Dreno is obtained if one drive this car. Hence the name XDRENO

But, unfortunately, Dreno is opposite of ADRENO. Dreno means passing the liquid slowly to human veins and Adrenal means pouring the liquid (harmone) all at once into blood. Hence it is also called Adrenal rush.

So, I think ADRENO or XADRENO would have made more sense than XDRENO in my personal opinion.

Last edited by gkveda : 6th June 2021 at 11:02.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 11:19   #5
BANNED

If the name ends with an 'O', Mahindra is fine with it. Remember Centuro and Pantero?

XDreno sounds too flashy a name for a commercial pick up, especially when Bolero pick up has already managed to carve its own fan-base, if the super light CV owners love the Tata Ace, slightly more ambitious guys and LCV owners vouch for the Bolero pick up, particularly for the rugged nature and the mechanicals which are reliable like an HCV.

Probably Mahindra is pondering over the idea of over crowding the segment a bit more, or maybe they are looking to present a formidable challenge to Isuzu S-Cab too.

Coming to personal mobility and lifestyle vehicle segment, that's where Mahindra can give it a try in their lifestyle portfolio. V-Cross has got quite expensive now, and Hi-Lux will be priced even further - 'The Toyota Way'. So, Mahindra can replace their Bolero Camper with this better version. A proper affordable pick up truck which can coincide with the 3 door Thar, come with slightly lesser powered motors, and can be priced probably a lac lesser vis-a-vis Thar models. Thar has warmed up the customers to the lifestyle vehicles, maybe this one can attract a hundred people, if it shares the same floor. Thar still has many basics unaddressed, but a proper metal top pick up can address all of them.

Another probability:
We have another thread where it's mentioned about Mahindra planning to launch a lesser trim of Thar. Well, maybe they have decided to do Xdreno instead of 'chhota Thar', and we may see the return of the lovely Bolero Invader!

Last edited by VKumar : 6th June 2021 at 11:22.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 14:28   #6
BHPian

A light banter:

Mahindra should reduce the use of names that ends with 'O'. This is same with Skoda everything starts with 'K' and its quite confusing. Looks like some mallu guy * is behind naming the Mahindra cars because of the emphasis of 'O' in most Mahindra products.

Also the name Xdreno does not look out of place for a tablet that aides smooth bowel movement, but I am not sure whether it fits well for a pickup truck.

Name:  dulcolaxsuppositoriesss4ct1x1.png
Views: 2128
Size:  83.3 KB

I am not sure what they are doing with Pratap Bose and Pininfarina. The rendered design is shocking. Hope the actual product will look different.

* Dear mallu members please don't take it seriously
amvj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 15:32   #7
BHPian

I am not really surprised at the name selection for a pick up by Mahindra, but this one is very special. Before releasing this vehicle, they need to add this name to online dictionary that also helps to pronounce words, with the right pronunciation for less language inclined souls. Seriously Mahindra? This is absurd. Naming supposed to make life easier for people to identify things. In marketing of any product, the first hit should be the name that is catchy and sounds confidence. Here nothing exists in this name IMHO. How many names they screwed it up, I don't have counts.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 18:47   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I understand Mahindra love to have their product names end with an 'O'. But have they lately also started loving product names that begin with 'X'? So we have
- XUV 5-oh-oh
- XUV 3-oh-oh
- XDR-EN-oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Also the name Xdreno does not look out of place for a tablet that aides smooth bowel movement...
Could also be a new flavour of ENO.
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 20:18   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Naming...well, gotta feeling this would end up in Mahindra's CV section. Even if it is a PV launch am sure we will be pronouncing it one way, the advertisements will pronounce it another way, and on the day of the launch, Anand Mahindra may pronounce it in an exotic accent.

About the product, if it is a pickup family, pretty excited. Unlike Tata which showed promise with the Xenon, but squandered it away, Mahindra has the platforms and engines to launch global style pickup trucks. The Xenon may look like a global pickup, but it is Mahindra pickups that are popular across the world. Earlier BBC documentaries showing African wildlife would try to hide the Japanese vehicles and try to maximum show it as a Landrover country. Now they are trying hard to not show Mahindras on screen and are focussing on the Japanese vehicles in the scenes
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 20:35   #10
BHPian

Sorry, i couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this point.
Today, i saw a camoflauged mahindra test mule in nashik . It had redesigned headlamp units and and bumpers. The interiors too looked somewhat different from the usual bolero pickup. The rear was identical to the current gen pikup and the only visible difference was the tailamp units .
Unfortunately, i was unable to capture the pics of the vehicle as it was speeding on the opposite side of the road.
Bhpians in nashik. Do take a photo if you see a camouflaged pickup
I

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks