Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:07   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Next-gen Maruti Alto (Y0M) caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post

Also, It looks like they have jacked up the suspension to give it more ground clearance a-la Slavia/Virtus.
It comes with 145/80R13 tyres as against the previous gen sizes of 145/80R12 (Alto 800) and 155/65R13 (Alto K10). That's an increase in ground clearance of ~13 mm
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is set to launch the latest-generation Alto in India on August 18.

Quote:
The third-gen Maruti Suzuki Alto is said to borrow styling cues and platform from the latest-gen Celerio.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:22   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Will it feature 6 airbags in any of its variants at launch? The deadline for 6 airbags is just 45 days away from the launch, will the maruti discontinue its small car after 30th september as maruti said earlier?
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:26   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
Will it feature 6 airbags in any of its variants at launch? The deadline for 6 airbags is just 45 days away from the launch, will the maruti discontinue its small car after 30th september as maruti said earlier?
6 Airbags right at launch is unlikely. They might discontinue the car for a while and then relaunch it like they recently did with S-Presso (2022 update)
noblebeam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:58   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblebeam View Post
6 Airbags right at launch is unlikely. They might discontinue the car for a while and then relaunch it like they recently did with S-Presso (2022 update)
Repeated discontinuations of cars will have bad effect on revenue and brand image of Maruti. When suzuki kei cars in japan are already having 6 airbags, that means the technical know how of caliberating 6 airbags in small car is already there with Maruti.
As the Spresso was launched with BS6 engine in Sep19, six months before the deadline, maruti should launch alto with 6 airbags now. Otherwise I feel there is no point in lauching car now and then discontinuing it temporarily just after 45 days.
Or they could have delayed the launch for 1 month and launched the alto with 6 airbags. That would have given the brand Alto a good headstart.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 20:39   #51
BHPian

I honestly would like to know the fine print in the 6 airbag rule. Is it applicable only to new cars launched from October 2022 onwards ( hence the reason for maruti to pull forward the launch and duck under).

The already launched cars will have another 1 to 2 year extension for the 6 airbag law is what I think will happen. A similar sort of compromise was worked out for cars to clear revised Bharat ncap.
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:44   #52
BANNED

I am asking all these questions because I am on the verge of purchasing the S-Presso. It is the only car that parks comfortably in my garage along with good ground clearance which is also my priority. I waited for the dualjet engine for its refinement. Now that it has been launched, but the other significant update is also not far away i.e 6 airbags. I want to know whether Maruti small cars will be updated with 6 airbags or will be discontinued as there was a rumour earlier. I keep my cars for long and dont want to feel shortchanged afterwards.

How probable is S-Presso getting discontinued after 6 airbag rule?

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2022 at 19:08. Reason: Please type your posts out perfectly (spellings, capitalization, punctuation etc.)
Dr.Abhi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd July 2022, 07:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

My understanding is that it is applicable to NEW cars launched after Oct 1, 2022. Existing products are not affected. Probably why the manufacturers are doing these 'fake' launches with the actual product nowhere close to delivery.
Old 23rd July 2022, 08:36   #54
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Maruti is sure bringing in a whole lot of launches (facelifts, updates) this year Brezza, Grand Vitara, Alto, Baleno, XL6, Ertiga, Wagon-R and new Celerio launched at the end of last year too, I guess they are refreshing the whole lineup.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 14:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
I honestly would like to know the fine print in the 6 airbag rule. Is it applicable only to new cars launched from October 2022 onwards ( hence the reason for maruti to pull forward the launch and duck under).

The already launched cars will have another 1 to 2 year extension for the 6 airbag law is what I think will happen. A similar sort of compromise was worked out for cars to clear revised Bharat ncap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
My understanding is that it is applicable to NEW cars launched after Oct 1, 2022. Existing products are not affected. Probably why the manufacturers are doing these 'fake' launches with the actual product nowhere close to delivery.
Maruti’s tsunami of new car launches would make it SEEM like the rule only applies to “new car launches” and they are trying to slide under it.

But if you read the actual Govt of India notification (link), it’s clear that it applies to all cars manufactured after October 1st, 2022. There is no mention of “new launches” or even “new”.

”(9B) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub rule (9) and (9A), for the purpose of this rule following definitions and provisos shall apply:

Vehicles of category M1, manufactured after 01st October 2022, shall be fitted with two side/side torso air bags, one each for the persons occupying front row outboard seating positions and two side curtain/tube air bags, one each for the persons occupying outboard seating positions”.

So it’s more likely that Maruti are trying to get in all their launches before the rule kicks in, and then increase prices while blaming the hike squarely on the govt and “their” 6-airbag rule.

Last edited by lordrayden : 24th July 2022 at 15:01.
lordrayden is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 15:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Maruti’s tsunami of new car launches would make it SEEM like the rule only applies to “new car launches” and they are trying to slide under it.

But if you read the actual Govt of India notification (link), it’s clear that it applies to all cars manufactured after October 1st, 2022. There is no mention of “new launches” or even “new”.

”(9B) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub rule (9) and (9A), for the purpose of this rule following definitions and provisos shall apply:

Vehicles of category M1, manufactured after 01st October 2022, shall be fitted with two side/side torso air bags, one each for the persons occupying front row outboard seating positions and two side curtain/tube air bags, one each for the persons occupying outboard seating positions”.
Please also do note another fine print. It is a draft notification or a proposal that has been floated.

The implementation of this regulation, if done in toto, will result in closure of sales of more than 50% of all vehicle sales as the airbags do not come on stand alone basis. Controllers, Sensors and other semi conductor heavy electronics also come in tow. And we know the mayhem already existing there. So, no wonder new launches are not having 6 airbags as standard as immediate implementation was never possible practically.
Although automobiles are a favourite of our government for taxation, the revenue they bring in is substantial. The government would not risk revenues in such a manner in my opinion.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2022 at 05:11. Reason: Spacing, SMS lingo
Carma2017 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 19:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

I was informed by my local Maruti dealer today that the new Alto will be unveiled and/or launched on Aug 12, 2022. Apparently , dealers have received written communication in this regard. I hope this is true as i am looking to buy this car to get around the block and park relatively easily in crowded streets.
nickatnite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 18:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

2022 Maruti Alto K10 homologated ahead of launch.

The new Alto K10 measures

- 3,530 mm in length
- 1,490 mm in width
- 1,520 mm in height
- 2,380 mm long wheelbase.
- 1,150 kg gross vehicle weight

998 cc naturally aspirated K10C petrol engine

- 66 bhp of power at 5,500 RPM and
- 89 Nm of torque at 3,500
- 5MT and AGS

Total 11 variants are on offer

- STD, LXi, VXi and VXi+. All the trims also get (O) variants
- AGS offered on VXi, VXi (O), VXi+ and VXI+ (O) variants.

Name:  20220801_183832.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  198.2 KB

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st August 2022 at 18:47.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 20:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The new Alto K10 measures

- 3,530 mm in length
- 1,490 mm in width
- 1,520 mm in height
- 2,380 mm long wheelbase.
- 1,150 kg gross vehicle weight
It is interesting to note that the new Alto K10 is shorter in length by 15mm compared to the now discontinued previous gen model. While the width remains same, the new Alto has only grown in height! Wheelbase has been extended by 20mm which means legroom will be decent for a car of its size.

Maruti Alto K10 (previous gen.)-
Next-gen Maruti Alto (Y0M) caught testing in India-screenshot_20220801191046_dolphin.jpg

Source- Cardekho
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 21:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Alto K10 STD?

So does that mean the venerable F8D is dead atlast?

AFAIK, the K10 was offered in mid and top variants, not base model, atleast in one of the generations.

Though, again. They wouldn't have named it K10, would they? Guess the 800 isn't dead.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed