Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 13:56   #76
BHPian

re: Next-gen Maruti Alto (Y0M) caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.99 lakh

Does anyone else get (the now discontinued) Santro vibes from the front end?
The rear in silver with the roof spoiler reminds me of the old Mitsubishi Colt hatchback.

Have to say this looks much more cohesive than recent Maruti efforts, seems a fairly well balanced car. I trust it'll do well, the Alto is such a strong brand in India.
ads11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 14:36   #77

re: Next-gen Maruti Alto (Y0M) caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.99 lakh

Finally, something exciting for the Kei car enthusiasts. Looks clean with proportionate design, compact dimensions to tackle narrow roads, and will definitely have excellent fuel economy figures.
Rodo_Faita is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 16:24   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Just as expected. A smaller Celerio, though the front kinda resembles like a Hyundai hatchback than the anonymous Celerio one. Looks like colours options are the usual ones.

The dashboard is a disappointment. Why is Maruti obsessed with these useless dashboard designs? Like a glorified plastic tablet holder. Would some cubbyholes or storage spaces here and there hurt? They should like look at their own designs of the late 90s and 2000s. Heck, just look at the JDM Kei car dashboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
Translated images for BHPians that don't speak Malayalam.

(The second and third images were translated by me using google translate, I apologize to the Malayali's on TeamBHP if I have butchered your language)
Only miss is it is not 'Designer', but 'Personalisation'. Must have been hard as half of the words are in Manglish.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 00:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking of replacing my M800 with the new K10. Atleast that was what i was leaning to till i saw the released pics. Now, i am very confused because spares and old drunken mechanics are becoming scarce to upkeep the M800 but the looks of this k10 is a little off-putting to me. Something is missing. Maybe the real car upon reveal will look slightly better than the preview pics. I sincerely hope so.

My old faithful
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti Alto (Y0M) caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.99 lakh-j.jpg  

Next-gen Maruti Alto (Y0M) caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.99 lakh-k.jpg  

nickatnite is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:49   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is my favorite.. Alto AMT is perfect for Delhi. Everyone in the family prefers this over other 5 times priced cars!

Gets the job done, 18-19 km/litre with AC on and local service cost with oil, filter etc is approx 2000 . Can any car match this. Mine has done 60000 defect free.
Will buy the new model also
Old 5th August 2022, 12:05   #81
BHPian

Looks good (especially with accessories ON) and going to be another high-selling item for MSIL. Hope they took care of safety in its class.
I think it is good for first-time buyers and city use only. As someone says, it gives Micra vibes to me as well from the rear 3 quarter.
Hope it will increase MSIL's share of the business.
Old 5th August 2022, 12:20   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Why is Maruti obsessed with these useless dashboard designs? Like a glorified plastic tablet holder. Would some cubbyholes or storage spaces here and there hurt? They should like look at their own designs of the late 90s and 2000s.
I suspect that's what they teach in the big universities for MBA. The designs have one more purpose than what meets the eye. The other, costlier car standing besides in the showroom, must look more impressive to the customer in every aspect. That one has better margin afterall . "Lets stretch the loan a bit & get that one instead". Shareholders happy.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 12:29   #83
BHPian

They seemed to have nailed looks ... I hope there is an AMT variant available during launch or soon after.
Old 5th August 2022, 16:06   #84
BHPian

Absolutely love the looks. Hope the engine remains peppy as well as efficient.

I bet a dime on Toyota influence when designing the front -

"Badge engineering DIY - just replace the S logo with ours!"
Old 5th August 2022, 16:46   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I was thinking of replacing my M800 with the new K10. Atleast that was what i was leaning to till i saw the released pics. Now, i am very confused because spares and old drunken mechanics are becoming scarce to upkeep the M800 but the looks of this k10 is a little off-putting to me. Something is missing. Maybe the real car upon reveal will look slightly better than the preview pics. I sincerely hope so.

My old faithful
Please don't sell her. She is beautiful They don't make simple, no nonsense cars like your 800 anymore. May I suggest getting some accessories that might make the ownership experience a bit more exciting? European Spec or Japanese Spec Alto had the tailgate with washer wiper and defogger along with rear fog lamps It is very easy to retrofit the tailgate if you're lucky enough to find it. MGP Power window conversion for front windows and smart Alloy wheels will breathe in a fresh new leash of life into the beautiful Biege Metallic 800 of yours.
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 18:10   #86

I hope along with the rest of the things, they have improved the front impact beam as well. It's a joke on the current version. Similar for the door beams.
Old 5th August 2022, 20:32   #87
BHPian

Looks like the front is inspired by Hyundai i10. Nevertheless, this car looks well proportioned.
Old 5th August 2022, 22:36   #88
BHPian

I hope they include a radiator protection bar in the front. This is the most irritating cost cutting (and weight reduction) measure by Maruti.
When the car is doing good speeds, a dog hit is enough for the radiator to go bust.
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 22:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the simple Alto coming back in times when cars getting a little too expensive. Seems like this car won't have any competitor in foreseeable future.

By the way, is it just me who things the dashboard look resembles its closest competitor : Tiago ?!
Old 6th August 2022, 01:11   #90
BHPian

Glad to see the nameplate resurrected. I was mildly heartbroken when they discontinued the previous generation Alto K10, thinking one less option for the shallow pocketed enthusiast

Beats me why they were hell bent on keeping the contours of the hood from the previous generation, while every other surface and line seems to have changed!

Next-gen Maruti Alto (Y0M) caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.99 lakh-20220806_004124.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

The dashboard is a disappointment. Why is Maruti obsessed with these useless dashboard designs? Like a glorified plastic tablet holder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I The other, costlier car standing besides in the showroom, must look more impressive to the customer in every aspect.
Honestly, I would have preferred the old fascia with slightly better quality plastics and a touchscreen integrated, just like @Reinhard's implementation.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed