Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 15:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota launches doorstep delivery option for spare parts

Toyota customers can now get genuine spare parts delivered at their doorstep.

Toyota launches doorstep delivery option for spare parts-screenshot-20210616-153832.jpg

As part of the ‘Toyota Parts Connect’, the company now offers ‘Door Delivery’ option to customers looking to procure genuine spare parts. Customers can also opt to pick up the required parts from the dealership.

Customers can get a wide variety of products delivered including car care essentials, engine oil, tyres and batteries, among others.

The ‘Door Delivery’ option is currently available across 12 cities. However, Toyota plans to expand this service to all the cities in the country by the end of 2021.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th June 2021 at 15:44.
TusharK is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 15:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota launches doorstep delivery option for spare parts

Good news. If they can offer services of installation or replacement of, at least few of the parts after home delivery, it will help customers a lot during this covid times where it is really risky to go to dealership and leave the vehicle till parts are replaced.

Even if they arrange alternate vehicle for temporary use, it is risky to use it. Hence, a combination of door delivery of parts and replacement at home (for few of the parts, if not all) will definitely help.
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 15:57   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Just checked the website and Toyota is still offering spare parts for the Qualis! No wonder I still see so many of them on the road running like they aren't even 15 years old.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 16:32   #4
BHPian

Perfect example of The Toyota Way. They certainly know a thing or two about caring for their customers.

In this pandemic situation or otherwise, this initiative is just invaluable. Hope others take notice and follow suit.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 17:48   #5
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Great news for Toyota Owners.

I remember how when we had the Qualis, sourcing parts from the aftermarket was dicey since it was littered with counterfeit parts.

Good going for people looking for child parts which the dealers do not stock (eg. control arm bushes), and charge for a full assembly replacement. If only they start listing the whole detailed catalog online.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:23   #6
BHPian

Wish other companies take a note of this.

This really helps people like me who have certain OCD towards their ride and are always well-prepared about the particulars to be carried out before visiting the ASC. Also, the authenticity of these spares could be verified by the ASC and they cannot object to the fitment of these procured parts. But this also means that more profit for the OEM and nothing for the dealers.

My main takeaway here is the Time. The ASC in my location is not even stocking basic spares for Honda Civic. It took 1.5 months for a fuel filter and an engine mount to arrive at the dealership since I paid advance!

Dear Honda, are you listening?
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 01:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Just checked the website and Toyota is still offering spare parts for the Qualis! No wonder I still see so many of them on the road running like they aren't even 15 years old.
The Qualis runs a lot of common parts with a bunch of Toyotas across the world. This makes Toyota's job a lot easier worldwide, and enables the production of parts long after the model has ceased production. It's really a marvel of production planning and design for manufacturing.
v1p3r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 04:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

You wonder why they do this, considering they sell a small number of cars compared to the 3 big names that stay at the top for vehicle sales. This is how you gain even more trust and confidence of your customer, folks who head the Toyota way. You know you are backed up by the manufacturer. This gives you the option of ordering parts you want and have it shipped direct to your fng, instead of the mechanic going through a sea of scrapped cars and sourcing parts, or worse, landing up with a counterfeit part and installing that in your car, which will compromise the quality and experience of driving your vehicle. Good move.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 12:15   #9
BHPian

Toyota always stays at the top on Customer Satisfaction and Services. I just wanted to get my Crysta 55K kms Inpection service, and arranged a "Express Home service" from Toyota.

The technician was on time in his loaded Old Innova with all basic equipment. got on to the work in a professional way, completed everything and signed off.

Since it was a free service (UTRUST used buy with warranty), he just charged Rs. 36 for some wiper shampoo.

They are really good and this door step parts delivery will definitely help many.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 19:30   #10
BHPian

Meanwhile when I asked for a part from my local mahindra dealership. They wanted the part cost and the installation cost even though the installation was to be done by mem
Old 18th June 2021, 20:05   #11
BHPian

Has anyone ordered Ad-Blue from their site for BS-6 vehicles ?
Can’t find Toyota Ad-Blue on the site.
Old 18th June 2021, 20:52   #12
BHPian

Let them earn the margin from parts sale and let the customer figure out the best way to save labor costs. If there can be a tie up with a local FNG, that would be amazing. I believe Maruti have those mobile service vans who can handle quite a few basic things. Toyota could do something similar.
Old 19th June 2021, 18:57   #13
BHPian

Honda needs to do this. They are one of the most stingy people I have come across when it comes to over the counter sale of parts. And if they do budge, it's only after paying part cost and labour as well. There is plenty of parts sharing among the models, and if I have to pay MRP, I would gladly pay it to the OEM instead of the third party site like Boodmo.

That said, until brands step and do something worthwhile like this, Boodmo has really been a saviour. I don't mean to diss them in any way, I've only had good experience shopping their so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks