Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 21:24   #61
BHPian

Need advice

Hi,

I have a land rover freelander which I bought in 2013 and it will be reaching its end of life in delhi in 2023.

I was wondering if I can convert it to cng and still run it for some more years. The car is in mint condition and it seems like a waste to scrap it.

Please help and advise. If what I am thinking is legal
Regards.
hands-on is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 14:33   #62
BHPian

Re: Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
Hi,

I have a land rover freelander which I bought in 2013 and it will be reaching its end of life in delhi in 2023.

I was wondering if I can convert it to cng and still run it for some more years. The car is in mint condition and it seems like a waste to scrap it.

Please help and advise. If what I am thinking is legal
Regards.
Hello,

There are many of us who are in the same boat, but there is absolutely nothing that can be done.
If your Land Rover is a diesel, then it is mechanically not possible to convert it to CNG at all. In case it is a petrol car, you can convert it to CNG, but it will be of absolutely zero utility, because even CNG cars can live only for 15 years in Delhi-NCR. The rule is that all 10 year old diesel cars and all 15 year old Petrol/CNG/LPG cars have to go off Delhi roads.

Since your car still has 3 years of validity remaining, you can still get an NOC from the RTO and sell it outside Delhi NCR. You should still be able to get a reasonable amount of money from it at this post of time, but once it expires, it will be difficult to sell.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 21:53   #63
BHPian

Re: Delhi: Rs. 10000 fine on 10+ year old cars | Merely 0.075% of banned cars have been scrapped

Hi everyone. I have a 2011 fortuner which I'm planning to drive down from Mumbai to Leh via Srinagar route in June. Can anyone tell me from which city the 10 year diesel vehicle ban starts from if I have to travel from Mumbai? I was thinking of doing Mumbai - Udaipur - Jaipur using the western peripheral expressway - Sonipat - Panipat onwards. I have been thinking the ban is in Delhi only. But if it's Ncr then I'll have to work a different route. What will be my best option. Pls suggest.
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:36   #64
BHPian

Re: Delhi: Rs. 10000 fine on 10+ year old cars | Merely 0.075% of banned cars have been scrapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
Hi everyone. I have a 2011 fortuner which I'm planning to drive down from Mumbai to Leh via Srinagar route in June. Can anyone tell me from which city the 10 year diesel vehicle ban starts from if I have to travel from Mumbai? I was thinking of doing Mumbai - Udaipur - Jaipur using the western peripheral expressway - Sonipat - Panipat onwards. I have been thinking the ban is in Delhi only. But if it's Ncr then I'll have to work a different route. What will be my best option. Pls suggest.
I believe this route would be ok as you are byapssing Gurugram and Delhi. There is no provision of restriction on toll booths along the route.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 23:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
I believe this route would be ok as you are byapssing Gurugram and Delhi. There is no provision of restriction on toll booths along the route.
Need some assurance on this. A bhpian in one of the other thread on tbhp said that couple of cities in Haryana, Rohtak, Sonipat, Jind and Bhiwani are already banned.
Old 3rd May 2022, 01:00   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I have been stopped while taking KMP expressway at Manesar toll since I use a 2011 Old Dzire. It's a petrol, so I got away with it. Technically, NCR extends upto Karnal on NH44. So if you get stopped anywhere upto Karnal, some money exchange is bound to happen.

Having said that, the chances of this happening is kind of low if you maintain a low profile while driving(like don't overspeed) and have a bit of luck on your side.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 01:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I have been stopped while taking KMP expressway at Manesar toll since I use a 2011 Old Dzire. It's a petrol, so I got away with it. Technically, NCR extends upto Karnal on NH44. So if you get stopped anywhere upto Karnal, some money exchange is bound to happen.

Having said that, the chances of this happening is kind of low if you maintain a low profile while driving(like don't overspeed) and have a bit of luck on your side.
Exactly what I thought. So I believe the ban is in the whole of NCR. Alwar, Bhiwani, Karnal included. So I have reroute myself. Even though I am a sedate driver and have all paperwork in place I can't take chances with that since my journey is going to be almost a month long. I don't really want to waste time sitting and negotiating with the cops. Also I heard the fine is abt 15k.
abhijeetveer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 01:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Also I heard the fine is abt 15k.
I don't intend to demean the police here but factually, it will test your negotiation skills.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 01:28   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I don't intend to demean the police here but factually, it will test your negotiation skills.
Haha I understand. And I am really bad at negotiating hence trying to play very safe
abhijeetveer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 07:23   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
maintain a low profile while driving.
He's driving a Fortuner.. I don't think it's possible to maintain a low profile

Jokes apart, no provision for cars from out of state?
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 08:01   #71
BANNED

You may have wondered what is inside that stubble in the field that is causing pollution.

It is basically the fertiliser reserves still left in the field.

We know that the fertiliser masala contains every toxic chemical known to man.

We dont know how much decomposes upon burning the ingredients leftover in the field.

A lot of it is still in this stubble. That is also getting vaporised.

In Brazil they discovered - Fertilizer reserves in the soil from previous seasons will ease the impact of applying less…

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/major-brazil-soybean-grower-to-cut-fertilizer-use-amid-shortage-1.1758575#:~:text=(Bloomberg)%20%2D%2D%20One%20of% 20Brazil's,testing%20to%20maintain%20crop%20yields .

Now imagine how much chemicals still remain in the actual harvest.

So stubble burning is basically releasing all the poisons in the land and organic matter into the atmosphere.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi: Rs. 10000 fine on 10+ year old cars | Merely 0.075% of banned cars have been scrapped-1eef8a60a1d34e8a81fddf48c0a7f3b6.png  

hangover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 08:21   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

The policy and dictates are like hit the softest target to meet your imaginary target. Even if you (govt and judiciary) do not meet your target, you emerge a hero of course within your circles only, after hitting and almost destroying the softest target.

The hardest targets and the targeted (only on paper), real culprits are impossible and unimaginable to target or hit, come what may.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 08:43   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly what I thought. So I believe the ban is in the whole of NCR. Alwar, Bhiwani, Karnal included. So I have reroute myself. Even though I am a sedate driver and have all paperwork in place I can't take chances with that since my journey is going to be almost a month long. I don't really want to waste time sitting and negotiating with the cops. Also I heard the fine is abt 15k.
What registration plate is your car? Does this mean that cars from other states over 15 years cant travel within NCR as well?
Old 3rd May 2022, 10:23   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post

The rule is very simple. You cannot drive any diesel car older than 10 years or petrol car older than 15 years old within NCR demarcated area, irrespective of the state your car has been registered in.

NCR consists of districts of 4 states - Delhi, UP, Haryana and Rajasthan. Additionally, as a corollary to the above rule, these NCR districts will not allow you to extend the registration validity of your car beyond the above mentioned timeframe. Either you need to sell your car to anyone outside NCR or scrap it post this timeframe.

Last edited by headbanger : 3rd May 2022 at 10:30.
Old 3rd May 2022, 10:25   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post

Hahaha indeed. I don't drive fast or break any rules generally and have all paperwork in place. Have also paid off all my Challans (3 to be precise) but the fact remains that its a fortuner
No provision for cars from out of state AFAIK. But I maybe wrong. I haven't even been able to find the actual rules online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What registration plate is your car? Does this mean that cars from other states over 15 years cant travel within NCR as well?
It's a July 2011 Maharashtra registered fortuner and a diesel. Its registered on my name on my home address in Thane. And yes the rule is for cars registered in any state. If it's older than 10 yrs in case of diesel and 15 yrs in case of petrol you cannot enter. If caught there is a hefty fine and they will take a written affidavit and in some case impound your vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks