Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 16:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Validity of vehicle documents extended till September 30

The validity of vehicle-related documents such as driving license, registration certificate, fitness certificate and all types of permits, which were set to expire between February 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021 has now been extended till the end of September.

Validity of vehicle documents extended till September 30-freepressjournal_202006_067a28eb539f459cb5a5c7c4cb65f86f_20200629_111227.jpg

This is the sixth time that the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has extended the deadline for renewal of all vehicle-related documents, following the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.

As per an earlier notification, the deadline for the renewal of vehicle-related documents was June 30. Prior to that, the ministry had extended the deadline in the month of March, June, August, and December 2020.

The extension of the deadline will be applicable in all states and union territories of India.

Source: ET

Last edited by TusharK : 23rd June 2021 at 16:41.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Validity of vehicle documents extended till September 30

I have got my DL renewed from Delhi RTO recently. Though my DL was valid up to October, hoping for clearance to fly abroad on vacation, I got renewed much earlier. Another reason being, my requirement of IDP, which also depended on my DL being valid.
It was a totally Faceless / Contactless experience (theoretically). To initiate the process, I had to get a Medical Certificate from Doctor, which was possible with only a relaxation by Authorities that the Doctor was available.
Rest was all Online and DL delivered at home.
Now I have approval for IDP and awaiting its delivery. Only that it is not being issued from the nearest Authority where I used to get it every year with personal Application and same day delivery.
With reduced workload in RTO, I would recommend getting small errands completed Online now.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 23rd June 2021 at 17:08.
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Validity of vehicle documents extended till September 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The validity of vehicle-related documents such as driving license, registration certificate, fitness certificate and all types of permits, which were set to expire between February 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021 has now been extended till the end of September.
Thanks for sharing.
Does this mean that driving license with expiry date of December 2020 is expired.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks