Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 16:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
OT: There is a Harrier V2.0 Dark Edition in my complex and everytime I see it, I wonder how would it look if it had the Machined wheels from the non-dark models on it. Has anyone ever seen one of those?
Here you go.

Bluengel180 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 10:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz and Nexon Dark Edition launch expected on July 7, the unofficial bookings are now open.

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-nexon900x506.jpg

For both the cars the Dark Edition is expected to be based on top-spec variants and with a premium of Rs 20,000 over corresponding trim levels.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st July 2021 at 10:35.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 18:46   #18
BHPian

These black editions look like Kadaknath Chickens. There should be some contrast between the alloys and body color
rahulskumar is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 21:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
These black editions look like Kadaknath Chickens. There should be some contrast between the alloys and body color
Your comment made me

Can't agree more.. Altroz in it's regular avatar has lot of design elements in black colour that contribute to its looks. Now with this all black edition, it will get diluted.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 23:10   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Just opened a picture of Khadaknath to check how valid the comment is, and I am back with a

The Nexon and Altroz, both have the dark grey alloy wheels instead of the pitch black, and with the dark grey insert under the windows of Nexon, there is even more resemblance, big, a lot of rounded edges, and grey inserts - the Khadaknth has also got grey legs after all

Khadaknath for reference of members:
Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-khadaknath.jpg
VKumar is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 23:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hahahaha! Oh man! If I were a prospective buyer and if I had read your comment I would have really thought twice about it.

While I feel that cars and bikes look hot in black but I wouldn't want to own one. Aside from being not so practical in our majorly hot climate, I find black, silver and white color as monotonous. There are not many shades like the other colors. Even grey has multiple shades.

Agreed that the black contrast on the rear of Nexon and Altroz would look better in combination of other colors.

Kadaknath! where were you when Suzukis and Fiats launched the "broiler" white Puntos and Swifts with red accents!
RavSam is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 01:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Name:  altroz.PNG
Views: 4882
Size:  576.1 KB

Even the Altroz writing is in black. Should have been in some other color like silver to serve the function of the badge. The real question here is how much black is too much black ? This shade will definitely appeal more to the younger demographic who would like to have a cool looking car. As of now I feel these pictures are not really that good to pass a judgement especially the Altroz in the bright sun. Will get a much better idea once the car is seen directly.
TrackDay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:15   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Altroz and Nexon Dark Edition launch expected on July 7, the unofficial bookings are now open.

Attachment 2173399

For both the cars the Dark Edition is expected to be based on top-spec variants and with a premium of Rs 20,000 over corresponding trim levels.

Link
IMO the "dark" treatment makes the Nexon look more like a base variant, rather than an upgrade. Could just be the lighting. We'll have to wait and see.
Claws is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:55   #24
BHPian

A dark/black pack edition must be done in complementary colors. Not much of an effect in darkening the trim on a black car. For reference take a look at the landrover dark trim. Everything in the trim including the interior is a dark shade of gray/black. The only chrome bits are the twin tailpipe trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-img_20201214_101316.jpg  

AirbusCapt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:57   #25
BHPian

The dark edition looked smashing in the Harrier. I am not sure about the Nexon dark edition though. I guess the grey strip that runs along the lower side of the window line spoils the look. IIRC, one of the youtube reviews from back when the Nexon was launched mentioned that this strip may not age well.
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
A dark/black pack edition must be done in complementary colors. Not much of an effect in darkening the trim on a black car. For reference take a look at the landrover dark trim. Everything in the trim including the interior is a dark shade of gray/black. The only chrome bits are the twin tailpipe trim.
That's true. Instead of painting the complete car black, Tata should release a shade or color combination that we have never seen before, moreover should be soothing to the eyes. The black color from Kia for their Sonet and Seltos looks so much premium. The design elements stand out with contrasting and eye catching red accents. IMO KIA did a wonderful job, I would say a bit loud to my taste but looks much better than TATA's mockery. Looks like a cost cutting effort and TATA might hope to milk more money from customers by attaching a "BLACK EDITION" sticker job

Last edited by rahulskumar : 2nd July 2021 at 10:10.
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:49   #27
KPR
BANNED

I loved Harrier Dark edition. In similar lines I'm sure Nexon will be looking like an intimidating mini SUV (although a pseudo) in dark edition. Very nice thought by Tata to extend dark theme to Nexon. There are certain colours that stand out in certain cars like Polo in Lapiz blue, Rapid/Punto/Polo in Red, Ecosport in Canyon Ridge etc., I'm sure this Nexon dark is going to be a hit like that.
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Clear pictures of Tata Nexon Dark Edition. The interiors too has received the same black treatment.

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-tatanexondarkeditionlaunch.jpg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-tatanexondarkeditionspiedinterior.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-tatanexondarkeditionspiedside.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-tatanexondarkeditionspiedrear.jpeg

Source : MotorBeam

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd July 2021 at 12:04.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:27   #29
BHPian

Altroz's grey is my favourite shade, but dang this one is so cool!!! This car just looks good in almost all colours. Personally I'd like to see matte blacks too out of the factory sometime... Cars and phones ain't the same, I know, but a guy can hope
gusfring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:08   #30

For Altroz the best color I like is the red one, in that color, it just stands out. But in black, though it looks good I would not prefer because of the hot climate of ours, the car would simply bake the person sitting inside and also mind that air-con would have to work more to cool the cabin. And also black color would require a lot of TLC and would result in a lot of time/effort/money spent on keeping the car-free from scratches(which would be impossible in horrible traffic in cities.)

After owning the Nexon, the piano black inserts on the inside are prone to scratching and are a dust magnet. Hope TATA has provided good quality material for the inside.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks