Team-BHP - DC finally has some competition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   DC finally has some competition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2387-dc-finally-has-some-competition.html)

This dudes work is as horrid as DC's, dont you think? The only difference is...this guy seems to actually sell since Bangladeshis aint really as wise about modded cars, or so it seems. I am sure he could give DC a run for his money were he to come here. * * *

One word for this guys work - Yuck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]"I do to cars what the fairy Godmother did to Cinderella before she went to the ball," says Leepu from the depths of his garage in Dhaka, one of the world's most congested cities.

It looks like a Lamborghini - but it won't drive like one

"Only, none of my vehicles will turn ugly again by midnight."

Leepu, whose real name is Nizamuddin Awlia, converts rusting Toyotas and Hondas into imitation Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

His market is the burgeoning Bangladeshi middle class - recently enriched, but still not rich enough to afford the cars of its dreams.

In his specially converted garage, Leepu works with four mechanics, stripping down Japanese cars and replacing their bodywork with metal cut in the form of a sleek Italian sports car.

The sheet metal they use comes from the same stock used to make the bicycle rickshaws on Dhaka's streets.

Italian inspiration

Leepu insists that the two cars he is converting to resemble a Lamborghini and a Ferrari - which will each be worth about $40,000 on completion - are not direct copies.

The production line in the back street workshop
"Although this car may have a little more than a passing resemblance to a Lamborghini Diablo, in fact there are a lot of differences," he told BBC News Online, pointing to a highly polished, streamlined vehicle.

"The body panels are designed by me, and have their own unique features. The only genuine Ferrari parts I have are a pair of rear lights and a few emblems and monograms," he says.

Mr Fixit himself: Leepu dreamed of fast cars as a boy

"To be honest I have to say that my inspiration comes from the great Italian sports cars.

"While the bodywork may be similar, the engine is Japanese and the seats are made out of 100% Bangladeshi leather.

"I would say that this is my homage to the Lamborghini design," he says, "which will never be surpassed anywhere in the world."

The Lamborghini 'Leepu'

Leepu's passion for cars began when he was a youngster growing up in the Middle East.

Yours for $40,000... The 'Ferrari Dhaka'

The 35-year-old says that he can remember going to a motor show in Saudi Arabia and seeing the most exotic and eye-catching vehicles.

By 1989 he had already made a version of his dream car, the Lamborghini Countach.

"It has always been my dream to own a car like a Ferrari, even though I was unlikely to ever earn enough money to buy one," he says.

"So I decided to make my own sports cars instead, and you can take it from [me] that it's a lot cheaper!"

He says that while he wants to keep a few of the cars that he converts, he hopes that he will earn a living selling the remainder to Bangladeshis who always dreamed of owning a sports car.

"Soon after setting up business in Dhaka a few years ago, I made a loose copy of another of my dream cars, a Lamborghini Diablo. My version is called a Leepu."

Pothole peril

No stretch of the imagination: Dhaka-dwellers marvel at the limo

Pride of the fleet though is Leepu's 22-feet-long limousine - made by welding together several cars, and powered by a 2.8 litre diesel engine.

It took him 40 days to make, and contains a drinks cabinet, on-board TV, intercom and stereo. He estimates that it would be worth more than $50,000 if it was sold.

"Most people in Dhaka have never seen such a huge car," he says, and it is quite amusing to see the mouths of rickshaw pullers drop as we drive by.

"The only trouble is that the ground-clearance for some of my sports cars is not too good so we have to be careful to avoid the potholes."

Can you believe this replica of a Ferrari F50?

The Original article can be sourced at BBC Article

eeks. i wonder whats the quality like???

Anyways i guess Rio Designs is a good competitor to DC Designs, what say???

22 feet long Limo made by welding several cars together? How far can it go before all the cars are separated?

Dont worry Addy as the car is in motion it will be seperated into its respective seperate cars . Maybe its made up of Hyundais

Cheers

Man can someone be so stupid...couldnt he make out these are way way ahead of their time..just too futuristic..

jk..what crap is this..I cant belive from this subcontinent we cant make a single good car modifier..DC was ugly and now him..shiiiaaattt...

Anyhow there is still more time..may be someday we will see someone from team-bhp have his name as one of the best modifiers of all time..

L8r

Hahahaha...

i do like the F50 though... ;-]

hey V12, i really like some of Rio design's work..... though isnt their setup like 1/100th the size of DCs? (or even smalleR!)

cya

You bet,

Rio Designs work really rocks. I have seen only two of his products in person. The one that really won me over was his green Scorpio. He added pure muscle on the fenders, delicious 255mm tyres, a spare wheel on the rear tail gate and a simple wire meshed grille. The cost was close to 50000 without the alloys. Take my word on this, if you see the Rio Scorpio, you will truly forget every other Indian SUV.

I had spoken to the guy at Rio about this scorpio, found him to be really co-operative and someone who knew his cars.

GTO

That's right. Rio Design's work on the Scorpio is really creditable. The wheels, the kit, it's all pretty well done. None of DC's jobs comes close.

I dunno what's gone into that guy's head, but if he thinks, taking some bicycle frames (for crying out loud, it isnt even FRP!!!) he can beat the best of Pininfarina, IDEA and the rest, god save us! Guys we have to stop maniacs like him from being accepted, cuz once they are in, other maniacs will follow. So one fine day, all modded cars will pretty much look "bangled" up and we'll have to look on some other planet for relief.

Yea GTO, Rio does some really good work, frankly his work is much more worth the money you spend, over someone like DC who pretty much ruins the design of the car. I love his Palio and Scorpio work, pretty amazing. Check out the Palio at his workshop in Bandra, it generally is parked there quite a few times, its red.

Till then keep revvin
Revvmaster

Cmon guys, you gotta give him credit. He's just a small time fella from Bangyland.

I think this chap can make it big if he was to get some training. Nobody starts of big.

Like Rehaan says, the F50 replica actually looks good and i like it too.

I'd rather have my Vtec turned into an F50, than make it look like this DC Design.

DC s@#ks big time. I wonder what DC really stands for. Hmmmmm......""Dreadful Creations"" lol......

Regards...
Shan2nu

Where exactly is Rio designs? I havent really seen the Scorpio but I'd always wanted the spare wheel on the tail gate which it should be. Anyways a better job than Dreadful Creations... are they creations by any chance

Cheers

""Cmon guys, you gotta give him credit. He's just a small time fella from Bangyland.

I think this chap can make it big if he was to get some training. Nobody starts of big. "

absolutely shan2u...

and it was me who said i like the f50, and after ur point abt makin ur vtec a bangy creation rather than DC i totally agree!! hahah

I think the guy in the Peugeot 206 ad is the best remodeller !!!!! Let DC help in finishing the car !

the Rio Scorpio does look good. Theres a silver Rio Scorpio in my area. Huge "Chrysler" type grille, wider wheels and tyres and sparewheel on the tailgate. It looks superb.

BTW forget the Scorpio. Have you guys seen Rio's red Mondeo? Looks amazing. Skirts all around, scoop on the bonnet, 2K red paint, lo profile tyres, wider rims etc etc. The car was pictured in one of the issues of OD or ACI i guess. I seen the car once at Shakti Ford.