Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 18:30   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier XZA+ problems & unprofessional behavior by Tata Motors in resolving them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
Reminds me of my only experience with Tata. Many moons ago, my friend from Ankleshwar wanted to buy the Safari.
====
Tad unpatriotic but no one wants to be treared like the OP is being after paying 20L+. And oh, I don't fly Air India ever !
I had a completely different experience in Delhi, when I was considering the Nexon. Salesman was extremely enthusiastic and kept mentioning safety and and ride and handling which I feel are good USPs. I ended up going for the Ecosport mainly because I was getting 6 airbags for not a lot of money more, and the Nexon's infotainment was god awful.
Old 5th August 2021, 20:10   #77

Tushky you are right. But we are actual owners of Tata Harriers and are just trying to get a solution to our problems. I have been having harrowing experiences every single day since my car has come back from first service. Tata sure has to up its game if it intends to be in the market for the long run.

Just to site a couple of points my car key had issues within a week after Delivery. It was all good till the first service. Now my music system stops functioning every now and then. I was locked out of my car and could not open it a couple of times. The service manager though really helpful changed the battery and told me that it’s a battery issue. Battery issue within 2 months is hard to digest. They stole my screw driver that comes in the kit. Again the manager has promised to give me a different one, the very fact that it is gone is something that would never happen in a Maruti/Honda/Hyundai service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushal-pandya View Post
Well, I was able to get a person from the Harrier Product team over a call a few weeks ago for both the infotainment quality issues and the PEPS (keyless locking) not working properly. I was told that he is the best from the Harrier Product team who can help to resolve the issues. Here is how he helped!!

I would like to request to everyone here if they can guide me how to get details of all harrier owners who have faced any of these issues. As whenever I complain, I get response like me/my-car/my-phone/my-locality has issues!! I need data to show them that its not just limited to a person or a locality but dont have the data.

I have the same issues however they have cropped up after the first service :( Have had the peps issue since the first week). The vehicle was serviced at same place as yours. How can I connect with you?

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th August 2021 at 10:54. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
GJ-Che is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 23:22   #78

Re: Tata Harrier XZA+ problems & unprofessional behavior by Tata Motors in resolving them

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ-Che View Post
How can I connect with you?
Could you please send me an email with your cell number on kaushalvpandya at gmail dot com'? I will call you.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th August 2021 at 10:55. Reason: Masking email to prevent spam
kaushal-pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 10:47   #79

A fresh issue has popped up. The boot has started to rust. Hard to believe all this is happening with a new car in the first year itself
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier XZA+ problems & unprofessional behavior by Tata Motors in resolving them-9db41eee244649be968d470ffbb6a1eb.jpeg  

Tata Harrier XZA+ problems & unprofessional behavior by Tata Motors in resolving them-f05c4f2ece5c43f893d0371f0d8ef381.jpeg  

panda1707 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 17:15   #80
BHPian

Update after completing 10,000 kms and one year of ownership.
Contrary to most peoples experience, I have had a very enjoyable first year of ownership of the Harrier XT+.
The only Issue I faced was a bang sound from the front while going over bumps/rumblers. This was immediately fixed with a recall for the engine A mount.
Infotainment work’s perfectly fine with IOS and apple CarPlay.
No issues with the clutch as reported by a few bhpians.
Had great service experience at Panchjanya auto in Pune.
The only niggle I have is a faint rattling on rough roads from my front left door/dash. Need to take out time and fix this. All in all a happy customer.

Also as someone’s pointed out before, the 7 inch touch screen on the xt+ works much better than the 9inch on the top models. This is probably due to the fact that the same Ram/processor is driving the larger screen plus MiD.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 20:27   #81
BHPian

I own a 2019 manufactured TATA Harrier XZ. From the last two years, I am having this issue of one / two horizontal white lines appearing across the TFT screen of the Visteon infotainment system upon starting the car. The lines change colour (white to black etc.) after driving around for sometime. One of them altogether disappears once in a while. The other becomes ‘nearly’ invisible, but does not quite go away. It appeared to me that it could be a loose connector issue caused due to road bumps.

I therefore took the vehicle to Ashutosh Motors, Lokhara, Guwahati. The service engineer said that there was nothing wrong with the connectors, and it was a panel problem. Apparently, the replacement is hard to come by, and would take a long time. Its cost was mentioned to me as “about Rs.50,000/-“. I was also told that I have to leave the vehicle with the service center till the replacement comes - an impossible proposition for me! Repair of the Visteon unit does not seem possible locally.

Good quality third party Android Auto / Apple CarPlay systems with IPS capacitative touch screens and high RAM are available for TATA Harrier from Hypersonic and Woodman. But these are meant only for the XE and XT variants. For XZ, XZ+ and XZA variants, it looks like one has to live with the Visteon unit. I have escalated the matter to Mr. Sayak Sen, TATA’s senior manager in Guwahati, but am keeping my fingers crossed.

I read one post on this thread where a fellow forum member got the Visteon unit on his XZ variant replaced. May I ask him as to what was the financial implication of it?

Last edited by kspv : 27th July 2022 at 20:29.
kspv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 07:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspv View Post
Apparently, the replacement is hard to come by, and would take a long time. Its cost was mentioned to me as “about Rs.50,000/-“.
Shouldn't it be replaced under warranty?
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 09:00   #83
BHPian

Unfortunately, I initially ignored the issue thinking that it was a transient one. Meanwhile, the warranty period got over. Incidentally, Boodmo lists the ‘Silver Box’ at Rs.45K.

Last edited by kspv : 28th July 2022 at 09:02.
kspv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 10:17   #84
BHPian

Tata Harrier XZA+ problems & unprofessional behavior by Tata Motors in resolving them-205ead4edd7f475ea31e5c3b8de6240e.jpg

Tata Harrier XZA+ problems & unprofessional behavior by Tata Motors in resolving them-04227984d8bd4a8ba3bc3f6adc343c83.jpg

This is how it looks immediately after ignition.
kspv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 14:08   #85
Senior - BHPian

That's a bummer and poor qualtity product which can't even last beyond 3 years.

If the lines are not very annoying then let it be if you can live with it rather than shelling out 50k and putting up with the wait time at the workshop?
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 16:40   #86
BHPian

Do consider getting an Android HU installed since you may have to spend a large amount either way. I vaguely remember seeing one with Wireless AA/CP.

Also I don't think a Silver box replacement is what is needed, just the LCD panel from what you've described.

Good luck
gandharjc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 11:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspv View Post
I therefore took the vehicle to Ashutosh Motors, Lokhara, Guwahati. The service engineer said that there was nothing wrong with the connectors, and it was a panel problem. Apparently, the replacement is hard to come by, and would take a long time. Its cost was mentioned to me as “about Rs.50,000/-“. I was also told that I have to leave the vehicle with the service center till the replacement comes - an impossible proposition for me! Repair of the Visteon unit does not seem possible locally.
I assume they are replacing the infotainment system completely and not going to replace the LCD panel alone. If they charge 50K for the LCD panel, it's just horrible. It's better if you can live with ths rather than shedding 50k on something that doesn't add any value. I understood it will be an eyesore since it's always infront of your eyes. May be you can monitor the lines and if it stays as it is, it shouldn't bother much but if it wdens or create touch issues, you should obviously go for a replacement either with the stock unit or an android HU.
The other option is to get an extended warranty if the HU will be covered in it. Then replace it after few months. But if the issue is already mentioned in the service record, they may deny warranty replacement.
bajoseph04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 18:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

Your best option would be to find a sympathetic 'contact' at the body shop/ service center. You might obtain an intact unit from a totalled car, who's getting everything new from an insurance claim.

I once had rear camera damaged and was able to obtain an old unit from an accident hit vehicle.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 10:15   #89
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

1) why would you need to leave the car in the service centre till replacement unit arrives. You pay them an advance, they order while you continue to use car till the unit arrives. That is the standard practice.

2) Why would say a woodman unit not work with the top variants? They would have the option of a 9 or 10" screen that should work while having greater resolution and size. Cost should be 25-33K. Pls recheck.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 09:14   #90
BHPian

(1) above makes lots of sense. But that’s what they initially told me. Now they say they will detach and take away the infotainment unit alone for repair. Basically, I think they didn’t have an idea about how to deal with the problem.

With respect to (2) above, the infotainment system (‘Silver Box’) in XZ and higher variants also controls the digital driver console behind the steering wheel. Many vehicle settings / parameters are adjusted from the infotainment system (‘Silver Box’). In lower variants this is not the case, and the driver console is analog. If we install a third party infotainment system such as Woodman Xtreme 3.0 (which I liked alot) in Harrier XZ, interactive operation with central console may not be possible.
kspv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks