Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 08:55   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships

Mod Note: Our Dark Edition Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Tata Nexon and Altroz dark editions start arriving at dealerships.

Altroz Dark Edition:
Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-7366781e060b453a8999f2506449bb9b.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-50ac6258c4c14eb5aef17bb6c1dab894.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-186ce977b16e453996d085ca984216df.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-3fa3afec6657450884ba1aa0e7e7bca6.jpeg

Nexon Dark Edition
Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-f989bafe7c6e4641a19120b8e2b46ede.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-50e0c2b86fce43a9ab7f9b6655f89b44.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-ef16f72bb4984ade855db16fcc549d7c.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-19bd713edfd142b9a7f2cf03a879cde7.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-c302385cfe4e43aea105ea84968b6d50.jpeg

Source: Rushlane Spylane

Last edited by Aditya : 9th July 2021 at 13:43. Reason: Link to report added
CEF_Beasts is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 09:15   #2
BHPian

re: Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships

Wow! The Nexon dark edition was definitely in the pipeline but the Altroz comes as a surprise. Tata have definitely gotten their colour game right on these cars. I hope they also introduce a dark edition for the Safari. Black is a colour which looks gorgeous on any car, from a M800 to a Lamborghini
quantobigboot is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 09:22   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships

The cars look hot, especially the Altroz! Whenever I spot an Altroz on the road, I can't help but tail it for a few moments to admire the design lines. Easily one of the best looking hatchbacks ever sold in India and the dark edition will look even deadlier.

One thing missing though = sunfilm. Nothing like a dark edition car with tinted glasses . Totally gangster.
GTO is offline   (65) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 09:38   #4
BHPian

Oh man, the Altroz looks so good in black! An already great looking car made even better. Waiting for proper pictures to come out, Tata is absolutely nailing it in the design department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

One thing missing though = sunfilm. Nothing like a dark edition car with tinted glasses . Totally gangster.
I also hope they add a proper AT box. This car deserves a nice AT for the turbo petrol to go along with it's premium hatch positioning - will definitely help improve the already good numbers it's doing!
Shreyas_H is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 09:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Altroz looks good in all black clothes. Pratap Bose's departure to Mahindra is a tragedy for Tata, and a big gain for Mahindra. He has singlehandedly changed the design trajectory of Tata. On a side note, the Altroz definitely could make for hot hatch with the right potent engine.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 10:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Whenever I spot an Altroz on the road, I can't help but tail it for a few moments to admire the design lines.
I've done the exact same thing at least half a dozen times. Used to spot one on my commute to work, and although I've never admired any car in a shade of gold, the Altroz was something else with those contrasting lines and practically no chrome on the exterior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
I also hope they add a proper AT box. This car deserves a nice AT for the turbo petrol to go along with it's premium hatch positioning - will definitely help improve the already good numbers it's doing!
Completely agree, and in fact, they may be missing out on considerable numbers going by how much the likes of Swift, Baleno, and i10 are making.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Oh man, the Altroz looks so good in black! An already great looking car made even better. Waiting for proper pictures to come out, Tata is absolutely nailing it in the design department.

The cars look great in black in proper photos. I have seen the Altroz- Nexon- Harrier dark edition advertisement photos. There will be dark Edition Nexon EV as well. I am not so sure but the window line of Dark edition Nexon EV is more dark gray shade than regular dark edition nexon.
Old 30th June 2021, 12:52   #8
BHPian

This is already been done in the aftermarket on the Nexon.

Not a 100% Dark Edition but comparable. The Owner Youtuber has later changed the interior and wheels as well.

Asif 6959 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 13:06   #9
BHPian

I look at this and 3 words come to mind,

my-next-car.

Will check it out soon

Only questions are Diesel /petrol? And Manual/auto?

Last edited by 400notout : 30th June 2021 at 13:09.
400notout is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 13:28   #10
BHPian

I posted that same video yesterday on the Altroz review thread, it's gone for obvious reasons. But man that all black Altroz looks so good! If only I was in the market for a new car (and the money ofcourse ).
Quote:
Absolutely! The thing I like about this car is it's actually a "dark edition", everything is blacked out inside and out. The Endeavour Sport on the other hand has an all black exterior but a terrible shade of beige interior.
TaurusSHO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 14:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Everytime I see the Altroz, I am transfixed. I prefer the front end so I get ahead and check it in the mirrors from time to time. I think it looks so good it could be detrimental to my own personal safety.

Not a fan of dark editions that will turn into scarred and scratched up swirlbuckets in no time.
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 15:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
The cars look hot, especially the Altroz! Whenever I spot an Altroz on the road, I can't help but tail it for a few moments to admire the design lines. Easily one of the best looking hatchbacks ever sold in India and the dark edition will look even deadlier.

Haha. I own Altroz XZ since a month and every time I find one passing by,I still admire the design. Today morning I trailed one for few Kms on ghat roads just for fun.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 15:24   #13
BHPian

The dark editions look great and appealing too, reminds the dark edition Harrier.

However in our country and road conditions such full black editions are difficult to maintain in top condition owing to bruises and dirt / mud. Calls more for services like Ceramix coats or PPFs as an added expenditure for the owners.
Old 30th June 2021, 15:33   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Black does look majestic on premium sedans and big SUVs. Not too sure if it is the same for these small sub 4m cars. Also, it is a real pain to maintain and to keep it shining. Then there is the matter of heating: a black car with a black cabin will get baked under the hot summer sun. So the dark edition is not something I’ll pay a premium for.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 15:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Tata Nexon and Altroz dark editions start arriving at dealerships.
The Altroz is possibly one of the best looking cars in black out there! It's amazing how colours can make or break a car and this one smashes it.

IMO, the Nexon doesn't look that good because of those 5-spoke alloys. Who in their right mind gave the approval to use those alloys in place of the 1st gen or 2nd gen ones?

OT: There is a Harrier V2.0 Dark Edition in my complex and everytime I see it, I wonder how would it look if it had the Machined wheels from the non-dark models on it. Has anyone ever seen one of those?
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks