Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2021, 14:46   #61
BHPian

Re: What Indian OEMs / Dealers think about Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
A) All friends who know I am a DBhpian on TeamBhp respect me, listen to and follow all things automotive that I advise them about.

B) Dealer reps stop trying to educate me about their cars once they see my car. Logos et all.

C) Service centre Managers ensure that, I am serviced very well, Period.
Hi! Everyone thanks for such a nice thread,
Good to see how you are being treated as a Bhpian by the oem's as well as your friends, such a feel good thing
FeelTheBass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 16:04   #62
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
thanks for sharing your positive experience.

A word of caution, don’t let seniority, or something like mature age, cloud your judgement. There are a lot of old guys just bitching out there on the internet.
Age doesn’t automatically bring wisdom. Many people confuse experience with being stuck in a rut...
Oh boy, I said something about senior BHPians and one magically appeared
Jokes apart, thanks for your 2 cents Jeroen sir. And yeah I agree with what you said, age doesn't always bring wisdom with it. But most senior BHPians are really helpful, kind and polite; at least in my experience. I hope I'll continue to be a contributing member of this awesome forum.

Last edited by Himanshu809 : 13th July 2021 at 16:05.
Himanshu809 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 16:27   #63
BHPian

Most of my friends have absolutely no idea about Team-BHP. I do not proactively announce of me being a member. I do not have any specific experience with dealerships or OEMs, but I have seen many trolls in the comment section of Team-BHP's Facebook page. I laugh it off as I believe they are just unhappy that their membership did not get approved.
mohitchalla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 08:35   #64
BHPian

Even dealerships at second tier cities are well aware about Team BHP. Like many members expressed, the sales/service executives are careful what they mention and usually there is no promotion of polishing the car or interior cleaning during service visits once they notice the team BHP stickering on the car. But in car communities on FB, non members make statements that it's a biased community, etc - just the sour grapes story I guess, the response was similar to when a particular incident happened earlier when a manufacturer didn't have a vehicle to spare for the team bhp review - I remember a lot of people (rejected memberships) back then also commenting that it was a taste of their own medicine. Lol. Also, the discussions on the FB groups are quite mediocre, not like how it's here. But in general the response across car dealerships is positive and there is no nonsense usually when tending to bhpians. In fact the Managing director of a particular dealership in Mysore is the person who tends to me if he is around at the time. We are good friends now, in fact.
Osteon206 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 13:01   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

But on social media platforms, there are many people who brand TeamBHP as group of snobs, biased, elites, show-offs, over enthusiasts,

But engage with them or dig further, it's just a story of sour grapes. They are just pissed that they didn't get the membership even after rmultiple tries.
LOL,
The ones on facebook are too funny!! They seem to be people who could not get in this forum and the way they react and choose their words justify their rejections!
Some of them have taken it so personally that they religiously follow every thread that is posted on facebook and then land up posting in the comments " who cares for TBHP"
SN88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:00   #66
BHPian

I sent few links from here to dealer two weeks ago about how deliveries of Safari have started and why I am still languishing at the same spot in their queue. I got the car delivered in the next 1 week time. It could be a culmination of efforts on multiple fronts (Escalating to TML, firm probing etc). However, the data / visuals of people taking deliveries in same city who had admittedly booked a month later than I was hard to counter, Imo.

I have been avidly reading the posts since Feb (after booking the Tata Safari). Helped me in validating a decision that I had taken without doing lot of analysis.

I ordered the Team-BHP stickers y'day after reading this thread. I never imagined I will say this but feeling good at having gotten into an internet forum. Such a clean, fresh place
gk.pavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

Not all people like T-BHP. Some people think its a unnecessary bashing for some manufacturer's like Maruti, Tata and over praise for cars from Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, VW etc. I heard this from few of my friends who are somewhat petrol heads but more of a general car user (Aam Aadmi).

Lot of people don't like T-BHP's member registration process. They tries for 1-2 times and gets irritated a lot Lot of my friends who knows I am on T-BHP complained me about the same. So they generally read some of the threads which I share with them and share their feedback. Many like T-BHP's detailed new car reviews but don't like some of the comments (mainly unnecessary bashing by some people )

Coming to dealers, from what I have observed and experienced so far, not many Sales Executives or dealers know about T-BHP. When I asked, some never heard also !! Sad but true. They gets surprised when they hear things about their car which they are selling but don't know .. Hehe .. Happened with me 3-4 times now. One young SE from Maruti heard about T-BHP from me, surprised to read the detailed review of the car and become regular reader of T-BHP later on.

Not sure about OEM's. Their must be some handful of people from OEM's reading T-BHP regularly, specially new car reviews, hopefully.

Last edited by aniketi : 14th July 2021 at 19:55.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 12:09   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Don't know about dealers. From what other members have said, saying that we are from TeamBHP gives us respect from dealers.

But on social media platforms, there are many people who brand TeamBHP as group of snobs, biased, elites, show-offs, over enthusiasts,

But engage with them or dig further, it's just a story of sour grapes. They are just pissed that they didn't get the membership even after rmultiple tries.
I have met few like these ones. I was amused with their disappointment and grudge they hold against the forum simply because they were declined multiple times!
To be honest when my request got approved, I had thought that it's just initial phase of restricted entry but may eventually fade out and it will become a come all forum however I am glad to see myself proven wrong.
Honda Monk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 10:17   #69
BHPian

Not sure if the OEM (in this case BMW India) know about Team-BHP, but the dealers in Bangalore know 'very well'...

When I first spoke to Navnit SA last year about X4, I told that I have done my research mostly through Team-BHP and know what I want (let us not waste each other's time ) he was like 'OK, then I am not going bore you with the details' ...
During negotiations, I told that Navnit mumbai were offering 10 Lakh discount; apart from that what can add. He said 'U know all about it sir. Thanks to Team-BHP'
I had a wide smile and felt like all knowing Buddha for a moment
kiran_aithal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks