Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 15:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

I once happened to be at the airport where Guj CM was also arriving. He has a convoy of a few scorpio's. I saw 2 scorpio's having same Reg plates. GJ 18 G XXXX. "G" standing for Govt. registered vehicle. I assume this must be allowed for such convoy's.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:23   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Were both the cars the same make and model as well?
Nope . One was a UV (IIRC, Scorpio or Innova) and the other an Alto.

Can totally understand VVIPs (e.g. PM / CM) using the same number on multiple identical cars for security reasons. But this was clearly a sham.
Old 24th December 2010, 20:52   #78
BANNED

Re: Beware: Fake registration numbers on Imported Cars (proof on Pg 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Guys, if you're talking fake registrations , then talk rajasthan i've seen a rolls royce corniche 4 convertible or coupe and a land rover both on LONDON PLATES!! on NH8 goin to rajashthan!!!
This is quite common. The are a number of cars in Goa running on UK, Germany & NL plates. There are also some supercars with NO plates at all.
Old 24th December 2010, 21:36   #79
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Merc E Class with DL 02 Registration. Delhi doesn't have such series, any idea on how come the car had such a registration?
Old 24th December 2010, 21:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by v10
Guys, if you're talking fake registrations , then talk rajasthan i've seen a rolls royce corniche 4 convertible or coupe and a land rover both on LONDON PLATES!! on NH8 goin to rajashthan!!!

This is quite common. The are a number of cars in Goa running on UK, Germany & NL plates. There are also some supercars with NO plates at all.
But this cars are on carnet i think....
Seen plenty of fake reg cars in Bihar and Nepal, with all kind of number plates ranging from Goa, Mizo to Pondy...
Old 25th March 2011, 13:46   #81
BHPian

In the recent Honda ad which used to air on TV, the Red ANHC has a MH-02-KA-XX registration and AFAIK the KA series was used a very long time back. IIRC it was used during 2001-02 because I have seen many OHCs having that series.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:58   #82
BHPian

In the new VW Passat Ad the car's number is MH 02 BD XXXX , but BD is a very old series, maybe 06-07 because in my building there is a NHC ZX and a SX4 having MH 02 BD regn.

Also, is it possible to have the same temporary number on more than 1 car if it is from the same dealer ??

Below are some pics taken from various threads and I guess all the 4 cars are from the same dealer i.e. Navnit.
Attached Thumbnails
Beware: Fake registration numbers on Imported Cars (proof on Pg 3)-p1230714.jpg  

Beware: Fake registration numbers on Imported Cars (proof on Pg 3)-dsc01104.jpg  

Beware: Fake registration numbers on Imported Cars (proof on Pg 3)-p1230721.jpg  

Beware: Fake registration numbers on Imported Cars (proof on Pg 3)-dsc03353rq6.jpg  

StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 23:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine caught these two cars in Kolkata bearing the same number plate!
Attached Thumbnails
Beware: Fake registration numbers on Imported Cars (proof on Pg 3)-257491_10150223034216705_685851704_7325894_6829197_o.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 09:03   #84
Senior - BHPian

Other day I saw a Ford SUV near my office with regd No. PCJ 99 thats al on front and rear side now which part of India does this belong to??????.
I was walking down and also clicked photos but this SUV just vanished into Empire Audio Studio at Andheri ., the photos were all blurred ones.
Old 17th June 2011, 19:28   #85
BHPian

A friend in UK was slapped with a heavy fine and points on the license since they caught a car speeding away on camera. The plates were cloned and they could not capture the drivers face.

Apparently, this is not the first time someones numberplates have been cloned.
Old 18th June 2011, 00:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
A friend of mine caught these two cars in Kolkata bearing the same number plate!
Similar situation of two vehicles with same number was seen by me about 20 yrs back on gujarat and maharashtra border.

I used to travel to Ahemedabad very often in those days due to a project at Abu Road in Rajasthan.

Now if at all my visit to mumbai is unplanned then I used to travel to mumbai by a very big, known, popular bus operaters of AHMEDABAD.
Those days there was craze by these bus operators to have their buses registered in states of TRIPURA,MIZORAM,MEGHALAYA. due to heavy discounts in road taxes as compared to Gujarat and maharashtrra.

But there was a catch , for every trip of the bus it has to pass the state on which it is registered, in this case if a bus to mumbai from Ahemedabad then it has to pass state of MIZORAM,TRIPUA,MEGHALAYA, that was absured.

But then in INDIA there is a way out for every thing, it is non other then PAISA BOLTA HAI

Not only that but if a operator has only ONE permit and they used to have two buses running on one permit, with same regd nos, all this with regular HAFTAS to RTO,POLICE,CHECK POST guys etc etc etc.

On that night our bus came to a halt at Gujarat Maharashtra border and the driver went to the chowki to pay some fees for the bus no.eg. ZRM 1234,
That very moment same operators another bus from mumbai and going to Ahemedabad also stopped at other side, with regd no, ZRM 1234 and both drivers saw each other and started talking loudly among them selves and also with the chowki staff all because their seth was paying heavy Haftas to them.
That was not all ,some of our bus passengers got down and followed the drivers to the chowki, just to see what Taxes they pay.

Suddenly one of the passengers came running and loudly said with smile on his face that there are two buses with same numbers, everyone were shocked to hear this , now by this time there was commotion and the senior officer came out of his cabin and took both drivers inside , and he was just beginning to say that why the hell both of you came togather and that too at this hr.
There was a mass checking of vehicles,
Now everyone lost their cool and asked the driver to call his seth on STD at Ahmedabad.
The drivers started telling the officers that Haftas are paid regularly to yor office.

This officer lost his cool and asked us to abandon the bus and look for alternative as he is impounding both buses.

One of us took residence nos of the owner and went and called the owner who promised that he is going to start two buses from Ahemedabad for you people, the buses should be there very shortly.

Buses came after 7 hrs and I came home at 2 pm instead of 6 AM

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 18th June 2011 at 00:05.
Old 18th June 2011, 21:40   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Other day I saw a AUDI SUV near my office with regd No. PCP 08 thats al on front and rear side now which part of India does this belong to??????.
I was walking down and also clicked photos but this SUV just vanished into Empire Audio Studio at Andheri ., the photos were all blurred ones.
Today I was able to take photo of that said car.
Attached Thumbnails
Beware: Fake registration numbers on Imported Cars (proof on Pg 3)-photo0085.jpg  

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 18th June 2011 at 21:42.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 21:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Earlier most of those imports were registered in MP Mostly in Indore(MP-09) coz, still remember a nissan micra registered in Indore was passing by in Irla and had really a different no. style ,it wasnt a temp reg either
Its really easy to get such fake registration with high level of corruption around.just think wen abu salem can get a fake passport here in MP why not a reg.
Yes sir, INDORE is the place in MP famouse for fake addresses for car regd.

It is not now but more then 45 yrs old scam.

We had a neighber in Mahim he was fond of Ambys in sixties and early seventies.
He used to travel to Indore in those days and come back with a brand new cars with Indore nos.MPF ,MPP in those days of sixties and early seventies,of course with bogus address,when he had no reletives neither he had any bussiness in Indore.
When asked about it he used to say "CARS ARE CHEAP IN INDORE" as compared to mumbai,about address proof he used to laugh it off.
So I am ending my thread with last saying that BOGUS addresses are not new to car owners.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:29   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Today I was able to take photo of that said car.
PCP 8 is definitely Punjab.
It's a series from the 1980's I reckon. The owner must've got the number re-registered on his new car.
I've seen a few PCPs running here in Chandigarh as well.

Such format numbers are advertised regularly in Chandigarh classifieds for about 1.5 Lac rupees (The deal includes a 1980s - 1990s model maruti 800 bearing the registration number most of the times)
Old 18th June 2011, 22:33   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Pardon me for saying this, but do the number plates on one or both of these cars look photoshopped to anyone else as well or is it only me?

No offence to you or your friend raging bull.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks