Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one would you prefer, car or bike? -
Car 94 68.61%
Bike 43 31.39%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 23:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Cars. Anyday. Its just the feeling of sitting snugly inside, warm and dry on a rainy day, or cool as ice on a burning summer.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

I am an unbiased guy,with equal attraction to both cars as well as bikes
@all car guys,those who havent ridden a Sbk,try to hitch a ride at least as a pillion,and enjoy,that brutal Killing acceleration,that you can never feel in any car.
I still remember my first SBK ride as a pillion(with full gear),boy as I was holding on for my life,and pleading the rider to slow down.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:32   #33
lsp
BHPian

“Traveling in a car is like watching a scene from a movie . . . on a motorbike, however, you are part of the scene!”
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M Pirsig

All said and done, if you put the bad roads, dangerous busses/taxis/drivers, weather conditions aside, I am sure every red blooded guy would pick a bike. No offence to anyone. I completely agree with points spoken in favor of the car and on a given day with the current set of conditions I would pick the car too.

Nothing like a bike to be one with nature. In the insulated cabin of the car one cannot feel the essence of environment around him/her.
Old 4th December 2009, 08:51   #34
BANNED

My and Don, anyday,anywhere, any time, always...!!!

+1 to that. Its a bike which gives a feeling of going somewhere, being a part of a new world, a new environment.
A car is just a cocoon "taking" you somewhere.

Add the words "Royal Enfield" to a bike and you have the ultimate combination for any travel anywhere.

Needless to say, I have voted for bikes.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:48   #35
BHPian

The day is not too far (atleast in Bangalore), when it would rather become a matter of compulsion than preference to drive a bike.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:48   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
“Traveling in a car is like watching a scene from a movie . . . on a motorbike, however, you are part of the scene!”
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M Pirsig

All said and done, if you put the bad roads, dangerous busses/taxis/drivers, weather conditions aside, I am sure every red blooded guy would pick a bike. No offence to anyone. I completely agree with points spoken in favor of the car and on a given day with the current set of conditions I would pick the car too.

Nothing like a bike to be one with nature. In the insulated cabin of the car one cannot feel the essence of environment around him/her.
+1http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif
Old 4th December 2009, 09:55   #37
BHPian

+1 for my Honda Activa. The tension-free drive plus the fact I reach my destination faster (I am talking of Bangalore) outweighs the inherent risk involved in riding any two wheeler.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Between the two, my choice is a car. But if the poll was which I would prefer to take out in city traffic, I would have voted bike without a second thought.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

I called up my freind working in a nearby office yesterday, and he sounded very much out of place and sad. Upon asking the reason, I came to know that they just lost their colleague who was sitting right next to him in the office to a bike accident a couple of hours ago! He was a pillion rider and the person who was riding the bike survived the crash.

Anyday, car is safer in Indian roads.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

personally, I prefer Bike over car, but both have itz own pros and cons.

Agree to the points that inside car, you can stay as cool or warm as you please, irrespective of the conditions, and add the maniac drivers in the highway, I prefer car when I travel with family.

But the feel of the cutting chai after a couple of hours hard ride - it is just unmatched, and a car can never give me that feeling. Plus, I have found that local people intracts you more when you are on a bike than when you are travelling by car.

Come wind or rain or sun, come tarmarc or mud or slush, come night or dusk or day, I love riding. I love to feel the wind on my face, I love to smell the air and the flowers, i love that small chat with the tea shop owner, I love the small nap under the road side tree, I love the raindrops falling on me.....
Old 4th December 2009, 10:35   #41
BHPian

I like my Activa for following reasons:
[Note:Likes of one are dislikes of another]
>Extremely easy to ride and make your way through the traffic.
>I am more aware about the things happening around me.
>Parking is never an issue.
>Within city, I always reach my destination faster on the Activa.
>Great FE.!

I like my i20 for following reasons:
>Can easily touch speeds that are unheard of on Activa.
>Safer and healthier option, considering you are always protected from outside noise, exhaust smoke etc.
>Far more comfortable and relaxed drive as you can listen to music, shock absorbers absorb bumps better, others yield way easily for a car etc etc.
>Would prefer be seen with the i20 in my college rather than the Activa.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:57   #42
BANNED

I prefer both. Though right now it is 100% car but i am thinking of getting a bike due to heavy traffic and jams .So as few have already pointed both have their pros and cons.
Car will protect you from others in enclosed cabin , from sun , dust , cold , wind , water (rain) , noises from horns etc .But bike will save you on time , ease of parking etc .

There should be one more option here Car & Bike.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:30   #43
BHPian

Give me a car any day over a bike - It is much safer to be on a car than a bike in Indian cities
Old 4th December 2009, 12:40   #44
BHPian

I am bike guy. Ten years back there is no way in hell I would say I love cars over bikes. Even when it rains I would ride in the showers with no care what so ever.However I think the signs of age is showing now. Cars are getting more interesting for me. The Practical side of me is taking over. Car will serve me and my tiny family better, hence I still use my 9 year old CBZ and looking to only upgrade my M800.
I will still fight the good fight and get an upgrade on my bike later.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:42   #45
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Gosh isnt there even one Bike guy on this forum or wat??? I mean someone who'd prefer a bike over a car??
I,m there to your support, i prefer bike for city limits, since it gives more mileage, its faster and easier to maneuver, takes little space, and less pollution ( i guess) i always use my bike to commute to office

For highways i prefer cars, also when its rainy or due to extreme weather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks