Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 16:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

VW launches new brand design & logo across India

Volkswagen has announced the implementation of its new brand design and logo across all 150 dealerships in India.

VW launches new brand design & logo across India-nbd-exterior_1.jpg

Dealerships are being upgraded in a phased manner. The carmaker has already implemented the new design and logo at 30 touchpoints and plans to complete the remaining showrooms in 2021.

VW launches new brand design & logo across India-nbd-exterior_2.jpg

Volkswagen's new brand design is part of its Transform 2025+ strategy. According to the company, the new design will ensure more colour, light and warmth across all touchpoints. Increasing digitalization and connectivity at dealerships is also a part of the revamp.

VW launches new brand design & logo across India-nbd-interior_1.jpg

The move comes as Volkswagen gears up to launch the Taigun - its first crossover in the Indian market.

VW launches new brand design & logo across India-nbd-interior_2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th July 2021 at 16:56.
TusharK is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 17:17   #2
BHPian

Re: VW launches new brand design & logo across India

Like all special editions, VW presents to you another round of spot the difference
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (95) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 17:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen has announced the implementation of its new brand design and logo across all 150 dealerships in India.

Volkswagen's new brand design is part of its Transform 2025+ strategy. According to the company, the new design will ensure more colour, light and warmth across all touchpoints. Increasing digitalization and connectivity at dealerships is also a part of the revamp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Like all special editions, VW presents to you another round of spot the difference
Exactly what I thought.

Is this logo really different compared to the current one? And how does this (supposedly new) logo ensure "more colour, light and warmth"?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 19:15   #4
BHPian

Isn't the same logo which is already in use since 2019 or Am I missing something ?

Hope that this logo change also changes the VW India mindset and make them more customer oriented.

Eagerly looking forward to the launch of Taigun.
Attached Thumbnails
VW launches new brand design & logo across India-vvw-logo.jpg  

ashking101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 19:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Exactly what I thought.

Is this logo really different compared to the current one? And how does this (supposedly new) logo ensure "more colour, light and warmth"?
I am not sure about the 'colour, light, warmth' part but the primary difference is that the logo is 'flat' meaning it does not have any bezels, gradients or other fancy graphic tricks to make it appear three dimensional. Personally, I hate all the flat logos that the auto-makers have resorted to, except maybe Renault *maybe*.
throttlehead is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 19:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
I am not sure about the 'colour, light, warmth' part but the primary difference is that the logo is 'flat' meaning it does not have any bezels, gradients or other fancy graphic tricks to make it appear three dimensional. Personally, I hate all the flat logos that the auto-makers have resorted to, except maybe Renault *maybe*.
Well, thank you mate for taking the onus and making the rest of us stop scratching our heads on what the difference is.

Seriously, like another member said, another round of spot the difference.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 19:52   #7
BHPian

One way the new flat logo could be useful for consumers is that when our actual logos are stolen, we can print and paste a sticker instead, which would look the same.
click is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 19:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
One way the new flat logo could be useful for consumers is that when our actual logos are stolen, we can print and paste a sticker instead, which would look the same.
Interesting how a logo redesign can result in loss of business to some and saved money for someone else
Guna is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 20:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Haha! Exactly what even I was wondering. Even this PR exercise will turn out to be a damp squib. Instead of optics, VAG should focus on improving after-sales service; only then will customers start trusting the brand.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 20:51   #10
BHPian

Who are the gentlemen who get these type of thoughts? Out of 100s of real ways to add colour, light and warmth to customers, they chose a logo change, that too imperceptible unless they themselves explain it. Any way thanks that they did not ruin it. VW is the last resort for those who love clean elegant designs.
DonHyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 21:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW launches new brand design & logo across India-vw-logo.png
Image source: google images

Will make it easier, here you go Guess the edge and borders of logos are updated keeping up with the latest trends or something like that I guess. Had I not come across this thread, I would have never known about the same Needless to say the common folks out there wont even know this happened. At the moment a lot of brands have been updating their logos : From BMW to KIA, Renault to VW etc.

Last edited by TrackDay : 20th July 2021 at 21:22.
TrackDay is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 23:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Attachment 2181626
Image source: google images

Will make it easier, here you go Guess the edge and borders of logos are updated keeping up with the latest trends or something like that I guess.
This comparison made things a lot clearer. I too was scratching my head on spotting the difference. Looking at the comparison, I find the latest one a lot cleaner and neater than previous designs.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 00:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looks same to me unless put side by side for comparison. But then we are men (well most of forum members).
Attached Thumbnails
VW launches new brand design & logo across India-vw-logo-change.jpg  

mukeshgoel is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 11:18   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

An example of rebranding done right. VW has had almost the same logo for 20 years with minor changes and although it is an excellent one, it has aged gracefully and it is time for a change. After Diesel-gate, the company needed to freshen up its identity without losing the richness of the legacy of the brand prior to Dieselgate. After all, it is the brand that gave the world iconic cars such as Beetle, Camper/VW Bus etc.

The primary concept of new logo still centers around putting together a V and a W. This combination has come to represent one of the most recognizable brands on the planet, so they obviously need to retain a strong connection by not changing it too much.

This is the new digital era and the global market will soon be dominated by Gez-Zers, who have a keen aesthetic sense and want things to be minimalist. So the idea is to retain the most crucial elements - The V, the W and the Circle. In a digital-first era, it is easy to display this 2-D logo on any medium without losing fidelity - be it on a screen, or on a car. It also scales easily, you can display it easily and truthfully as a tiny Apple Watch App Icon - yet, at the same time, display the same logo on a massive hoarding on the highway or at a VW factory. Most importantly, it sits well on all car colors, including black, white and silver- the key reason is that it is self-contained and does not rely on the car body to be highlighted. (Notice the outer silver ring that demarcates the logo from the body)

Kia's new logo effort, on the other hand, is a case study of how to do re-branding in a completely sloppy and thoughtless way. The new KIA logo is hard to read for someone not familiar with the brand (The K and A are too stylized). The dull silver-grey logo is barely visible on a white or silver colored car - since the logo relies on the contrast with the body color due to the lack of its own framing element. Take a look at the while Sonet below - one can hardly see the logo on a car of this colour.

IMO, it looks like the same bag of tricks usually used to copy design elements from European competitors and move fast to get these to the market before the original ideas can land. "Let us draw inspiration from the 2-D logo idea from VW - but make it fast, we need to get our cars with the new logo to market before VW can".
Attached Thumbnails
VW launches new brand design & logo across India-capture.jpg  

VW launches new brand design & logo across India-capture2.jpg  

VW launches new brand design & logo across India-capture1.jpg  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 21st July 2021 at 11:35.
84.monsoon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 12:03   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

IMO, it looks like the same bag of tricks usually used to copy design elements from European competitors and move fast to get these to the market before the original ideas can land. "Let us draw inspiration from the 2-D logo idea from VW - but make it fast, we need to get our cars with the new logo to market before VW can".

I'm afraid to say that you opinion is incorrect. New 2D logos have been the rage in pretty much any industry for a few years now, VW is late to the game, and Kia certainly doesn't need to get the idea from them. I know people really simp for VW on here but this kind of claim is just outlandish.
karanddd is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks