Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th August 2021, 19:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18

Seems Honda handed the designing of the 'new' Amaze to a 'new' designer who was nothing but a lazy bum. All they did was add LED and new alloys as mentioned by a bhpian in the above post and dared to badge it 'new'. Both these items can be had as after market fitments. Honda needs to work harder if they want to regain their lost glory.
Old 4th August 2021, 20:04   #32
BHPian

Certainly looks more CHROMIUM now
It appears as if the chopped off front end look has been left unaddressed.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 10:40   #33
BHPian

Looks like they had some few City's alloys and some chrome panels around.

No wonder Honda's dealers are the most "dissatisfied"

Link (Kia dealers happiest in India; Honda dealers most dissatisfied)
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 10:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted front looks a lot more than VW than Honda
landcruiser123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 11:16   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
More pictures of Honda Amaze facelift in white color
The facelift looks much better than the original. IMHO Honda is the only car maker whose facelifts feel better than the original model.

Looks like they have finally replaced the gear stick covering with leather. The old spring like cover use to look awful like its from some late 1990s early 2000s Maruti Zen/Alto.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2021 at 11:27. Reason: quote content trimmed
Azalactone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:19   #36
BHPian

There are not many noticeable changes but the reduction of the thick chrome grill and with the addition of two chrome lines, and the led lights make it look much better than the previous plain Jane version.
I hope they have done away with the ugly rear lights and brought in something like the new Honda City rear lights. The lights were too flat and boxy trying to match the body shape.
Overall I find the Amaze's body shape nice, but the fine design elements were missing and made it look very ordinary, as if they didn't put any effort in the details, especially looking at the rear boot and lights, and also the front grille. The only drawback of the body design is that it visually looks way smaller in comparison to the competition. Looks like a tiny car.
In the end it looks like a very small effort on the facelift by the looks of front and side.
Old 5th August 2021, 12:25   #37
BHPian

The good Honda Amaze is now costly after the price hike 2 days back.

Petrol Amaze: price hike of 10k for all variants.
Diesel Amaze: price hike of 77,000 to 1,15,000.

Was diesel amaze being sold at a loss by Honda? I guess the price hike is a bit aggresive. Maybe the launch of the facelift will conceal the price rise, as a justification.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 5th August 2021 at 12:26.
Old 5th August 2021, 12:46   #38
BANNED

I am Amazed that it looks more City'ish now. Not a bad thing actually. Amaze is a good car for it's price and offers quite a good VFM package. Just that it is over shadowed by Maruti Dzire and people shifting focus from sedan's to CSUV's.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Honda Amaze facelift production begins

Honda has announced that production and dealer dispatches of the updated Amaze have commenced. The car will be officially launched on August 18, 2021.

Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18-amaze-bookings-open1.jpg

The updated Amaze comes equipped with new LED headlamps, redesigned bumpers and new dual-tone alloy wheels. The car also comes with new exterior colour options.

On the inside, the Amaze gets a dual-tone dashboard with a touchscreen infotainment system in the centre. It has wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity and could get Alexa voice support as well.

The Amaze facelift will get the same engines as the current model. These include a 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 89 BHP and 110 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel producing 99 BHP and 200 Nm. The 5-speed manual and CVT gearbox options will also be retained.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:13   #40
BHPian

This update has made the Amaze more appealing to a 'potential' Amaze customer. The new headlights coupled with the updated grill and the 'now-standard' chrome highlights in the fog lamp housing have transformed the front to give it a more mature look. Those 4-gen City alloys look fab and are more in-line with current trends. I have not yet seen a complete shot of the rear (apart from the tail lights having changed to LED) - but I suppose if they add a chrome strip in the middle, to join the tail lights, that will give the rear a purposeful look too - The rear is too flat and needs to some curves or highlights to take the attention away from the boxy shape.

The interiors look the same to me - I wish they had changed the audio/cruise controls buttons to something more upmarket (borrow from the City parts bin maybe?) and added rear headrests & a/c vents to make this a worthy upgrade. The steering wheel is the one single item that could uplift the ambience of this cabin and make it feel a bit more premium in comparison to say, the Dzire, from a driver stand point.

The diesel variant price increase is a surprise increase but I suppose Honda anticipates (or is already seeing) an uptick for this variant (considering how VFM it was) before the Maruti 1.5L diesel is out. Or maybe a case of making hay when the sun is still shining..
Old 5th August 2021, 13:17   #41
BHPian

It's good to see that Honda have replaced the thick chrome grille with a 10th-gen Civic-inspired one; the horizontal slats below it remind me of the 2021 HR-V that was revealed a while ago. It's a relief that the weird-looking rubber boot of the manual gearlever is gone.

I wonder if the rumours about the sunroof are true, since this looks like a top-end variant with alloy wheels and a touchscreen. Will it be limited to CVT variants only, or something of the sort?

I'm beginning to highly doubt my expectations of ESC and/or side-airbags (at least seat-mounted thorax ones if head curtains aren't possible) making their way to the facelifted model. The pre-facelift Amaze has blank switches, at least one presumably to turn off stability control, in the pre-facelift Amaze which means that Honda could have made the platform ready for an ESC module. However, I'm very doubtful of my expectations holding true. I hope Honda doesn't try to use safety features as a differentiator from the City (which has ESC and side airbags even on its most affordable variant).

Edit: Do I see the dangerous, nearly absent neck restraints in the backseat yet again, Honda?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18-2018hondaamaze18.jpg  

Last edited by ron178 : 5th August 2021 at 13:30.
Old 5th August 2021, 15:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
It is not a rumour anymore. The prices have already been updated on the Honda website as well in the dealership brochure. But it is rumoured that Honda is going to increase the price further on the facelift models.

Attachment 2188368
11 lakh+ for a sub-4 metre car! Cars have become very expensive to own these days. With car prices rising every year, I wonder whether we will ever see an automotive revolution in India, similar to what happened in post-war Europe, US and more recently in China, when car ownership became very widespread.

The good thing about the second-gen Amaze is that it looks so much better than the first generation car, which was really lacking in interior finesse. Honda did the right thing by making it wider, emulating the Dzire, which gives an impression of a bigger car. If only Tata would make the Tigor wider and sit a bit lower ...
Old 5th August 2021, 17:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

This new Amaze Facelift does look nicer, but the recent price increase has made it less VFM. In fact, it's now expensive and the diesel variants are highly overpriced.

The Diesel had a smaller share of sales, I guess the lack of Diesel rivals (Apart from Hyundai Aura) has made Honda to price it at premium.

The on road prices in Mumbai are as below (From Carwale)

S CVT Petrol - 9.50 lakhs
V CVT Petrol - 10.19 lakhs
VX CVT Petrol - 10.66 lakhs

S CVT Diesel - 14.27 lakhs
V CVT Diesel - 15.11 lakhs
VX CVT Diesel - 15.69 lakhs

A price difference of whopping 5 lakhs between Petrol and Diesel

Who would buy the Diesel Amaze or even the Amaze itself at that price ? A 1 lakh premium over petrol would have been acceptable, but not this. Honda have themselves shot another foot this time. This company never knows how to price a car and get sales boost. No wonder their dealers are most disappointed.

From being an Aspirational Brand with Class Leading products to Bottom Rankers with Average Car Lineup, Honda is certainly not that Honda of early 2000s.
CarguyNish is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 19:43   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I hope they are adding a BI-LED setup (don't know the actual word), where one can switch on both low and high beam at the same time. Currently the WRV does not get this setup and actually affects the visibility on highway.

That aside, I feel the interior looks much more Cityish, and that's a good thing. I even like the exterior, except for the twin chrome bar at the front.
Old 5th August 2021, 20:34   #45
BHPian

The sheet metal on the hood is completely new. But the plastic bumper is exactly the same. If Honda was willing to make sheet metal changes, they might as well have gone for a bigger visual update. All that effort (and money and tooling) but it looks like they've changed nothing but the grille.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed