Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18

Mod Note: Our Honda Amaze Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Honda is readying the launch of the Amaze facelift in India, which will take place by August 18, 2021.

Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18-20210723012648_honda_amaze_studio.jpg

On the exterior, the Honda Amaze facelift is likely to get new full-LED headlamps, new design for the alloy wheels and reworked bumpers.

The updated Amaze is likely to feature a segment-first electric sunroof.

Honda Amaze facelift is expected to carry forward engine and gearbox options of its predecessor.

Source

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2021 at 14:10. Reason: Link to report added
Venkatesh is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18

Dull rear design, lack of good adjustment and underthigh support for the driver seat were the biggest let down in the current gen car. Hope they have taken care of this!
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:55   #3
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Though Honda's AC is quite powerful, surprised they haven't added rear-air con vents in this facelift! Something which its main competitor Maruti Dzire offers. Diesel + CVT continues to be the single biggest USP of the Amaze.
PPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:15   #4
BHPian

More than new features, I hope Honda has fixed all the issues with current gen Amaze. There are number of issues reported repeatedly by Amaze owners in t-bhp as well as on other groups:

1. Rusting issue
2. Reverse gear not engaging properly
3. Suspension noise which resurfaces even after changing parts multiple times
4. Steering mount rattle
5. Glovebox rattle
7. Ugly spots on bonnet and boot

Just bring Honda's reliability back!

Other useful features would be:

1. Adjustable headrest for rear passengers
2. Rear wiper
3. ESP
4. Rear AC

Last edited by swoosh : 23rd July 2021 at 15:25.
swoosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think the Amaze is a great car in its current form, but it needs a few crucial updates to match competition. It may have a good crash structure (I don't believe Honda would sell a better car in Africa where the safety regulations are worse) but it sorely needs Electronic Stability Control, preferably standard across the range. Proper rear headrests, too, are imperative for Honda to maintain its safety record which has been improving in recent years in general, especially given that the backseat is a strong selling point for the Amaze. A rear middle three-point seatbelt would be nice but given the price point I doubt Honda will include this. The same goes for curtain airbags (seat-mounted side airbag inflators are not very expensive, though).

The problem is that Honda's facelifts have been lacklustre in general (except when they refreshed the interiors of the Brio and first-generation Amaze - that was a relief). Out of every useful feature that could have made it to the 2020 Jazz facelift - rear headrests, side airbags, ESC, ISOFIX anchorages - Honda chose a sunroof. Hence, I won't keep my expectations high for the Amaze.

Last edited by ron178 : 23rd July 2021 at 16:31.
ron178 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

After having spent a good 3-4 days and 1000kms with the Amaze Petrol CVT, I can clearly vouch that it is good for short urban drives, but not so for those who frequent highways or in some cases longer urban commutes. The soft suspension, bobby ride quality will take a toll on the lower back on expressways. Also, the engine comes to life only post 2.5k rpm, leading to tougher overtakes on single lane highways. The time I spent nearly made me conclude that the the CVT is over-rated on the 1.2L Honda's.

Although many may disagree, a thrifty driver can extract more fun, FE from Dzire even in the AGS avatar. And the AGS is not as bad as the comments on the internet claim it to be.

However, the big positives over the Dzire are build quality, diesel with CVT.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 06:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
On the exterior, the Honda Amaze facelift is likely to get new full-LED headlamps, new design for the alloy wheels and reworked bumpers.

The updated Amaze is likely to feature a segment-first electric sunroof.
It would have been nice if Honda considered a sportier version too and snapped the RS badge on to it for those who are averse to excessive chrome treatment. I think the large chrome treatment on the front grille is specially done to cater to the taste of Indian customers.

Would have been even nicer if they brought in a turbocharged engine for the sporty version or at least mate the existing 1.2L engine to a TC Automatic. Wishful thinking!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18-images-3.jpeg  

Old 24th July 2021, 13:19   #8
BHPian

We were in market last year to buy a vehicle for my friend. Budget was set to 10-11 lakhs. Honda Amaze was one of the contenders but it failed to make any impression. From the time you start checking the product, it shouts cheap. Couple of points that we hated most:

1. Rear armrest didn't have hinges and fall flat on bench.
2. Open the boot and you will see all wires running around because Honda didn't bother to put cover inside. Honda salesman at the showroom went on to say that this is done for a reason so that bulb etc. can be replaced easily. When countered that why not in Honda City and he couldn't speak further.

This is already a dead product now unless there is completely new product launched that can amaze the people. And in the era of SUVs, this doesn't stand a chance IMO.
Old 24th July 2021, 18:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
We were in market last year to buy a vehicle for my friend. Budget was set to 10-11 lakhs. Honda Amaze was one of the contenders but it failed to make any impression. From the time you start checking the product, it shouts cheap. Couple of points that we hated most:
Just curious - what did you eventually buy instead, if you rejected the Amaze on the grounds that you have listed.
Old 24th July 2021, 18:50   #10
BHPian

I hope they provide cruise control in the automatic variants. These are sorely missed on the highway trips. Even the recently launched figo at does not have cruise control.
oli.ferns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 19:08   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Just curious - what did you eventually buy instead, if you rejected the Amaze on the grounds that you have listed.
We didn't reject it because of above points. The friend decided that a car with better ground clearance would be needed and he went on to buy Nexon. And I must say, it does feel lot premium over Amaze.
rahulba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 21:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of points that we hated most:

1. Rear armrest didn't have hinges and fall flat on bench.
We had the 2013 Amaze and it had same armrest. But to be honest, the armrest is positioned in such a way that it does not affect your comfort.

Quote:
2. Open the boot and you will see all wires running around because Honda didn't bother to put cover inside. Honda salesman at the showroom went on to say that this is done for a reason so that bulb etc. can be replaced easily. When countered that why not in Honda City and he couldn't speak further.
I too am completely unhappy with this level of cost cutting on Honda's part. But even keeping that aside, I hate the level of cost cutting Tata has also done on the Nexon, when it costs 15L OTR. Don't think either reasons really logical enough to cancel the Amaze, which with it's diesel CVT combo is really a great option in the market.

Last edited by 07CR : 24th July 2021 at 21:52.
07CR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
We had the 2013 Amaze and it had same armrest. But to be honest, the armrest is positioned in such a way that it does not affect your comfort.
I notice that this is the same in the 5th gen City as well. Have not see anyone mentioning this - so will not single out the Amaze for special criticism.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Honda Amaze facelift bookings open unofficially at select dealerships for a token amount of Rs. 5000.

Honda Amaze facelift launch in India by August 18-smartselect_20210726125457_chrome.jpg

Amaze facelift launch is likely to happen by August 17.

Source
Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 15:36   #15
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2021 at 08:10.
ron_9191 is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks