Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 13:09   #1
BANNED

Low idling rpm only during the rains

Mod note: Post edited for readability, please take time to type in properly with proper Capitalisation and Punctuations. Thanks.

Hi,

I own a 2013 hyundai i20 petrol base variant, it has a very unique problem that I have ever seen to a car. During rainy season, while starting my car the engine starts to go below 900 rpm that is below the idle RPM. The problem occurs only when I touch the accelerator pedal, but the problem goes away after 10 minutes of idling. I have cleaned the throttle body and replaced the air filter during the last service.

The strange thing is that the problem only occurs in rainy season. No such problems in summer season and even if it rains in summer, the issue comes back. I don't have to drive in rain for this problem to occur. Just sitting in my garage is enough for this to occur.

My car has only been driven about 25,000 kms

The fuel efficiency on highway is an approximate 13km/l and 10 in city (is there something that i can do to get more?).

Please help me with the above problems.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th July 2021 at 13:44.
Old 27th July 2021, 14:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Low idling rpm only during the rains

This is mostly likely happening due to humidity.

Similar phenomena has been reported by others as well (In other forums), during rains.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks