Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 15:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ford must have paid a bomb for the TDCI engine and if i am not wrong, isn't it still the most refined diesel that is available in the market? And, plonking the same unit on to a fusion definetly means that pricing ain't going to be as competitive like an SX4 ( forget about the goodies). IMO, the length will be reduced and same goodies as now with fusion and they may still price it around 6 Lacks ex-showroom.
Damn right you are. TDCi engines do push up costs. But look at it this way. The Fiesta TDCi is selling hot cakes. If they can plonk the same into the Fusion and Ikon (while transplanting the 1.6 TDCi into the Fiesta), that would bring down costs. Economies of scale. The 1.4/1.6 TDCi would share a lot of parts, resulting in lower prices for parts/service as well. But then again, this is a wish list.
Old 12th May 2007, 17:44   #32
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I think they should go ahead with it as soon as possible and price it somewhere close to the Marina and put an end to those sluggish weird looking cars.
ok.agreethat MARINA is sluggish.but, it definately looks more atttractive than the likes of FIESTA/FUSION. MARINA , though scores avg on image, is a better looking vehicle than most of the sedans.
Old 12th May 2007, 18:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
ok.agreethat MARINA is sluggish.but, it definately looks more atttractive than the likes of FIESTA/FUSION. MARINA , though scores avg on image, is a better looking vehicle than most of the sedans.
It looks clean but still the wheel looks totally mismatched so does the view from the back . It may be good looking but the lines are no where as clean and symmetrical as Fiesta or Fusion for that matter. Anyway its subjective.
Old 12th May 2007, 19:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
It looks clean but still the wheel looks totally mismatched so does the view from the back . It may be good looking but the lines are no where as clean and symmetrical as Fiesta or Fusion for that matter. Anyway its subjective.
I agree , Marina looks are quite asymmetrical and definately not at all contemporary.
Old 14th May 2007, 10:35   #35
Team-BHP Support

Somehow, i really feel Ford would mess up the pricing on the Fusion with the TDCi engine. Fingers crossed, though.

If the 1.4 TDCi was introduced on the Ikon, i am sure it would keep the sales registers ringing, although the Fiesta 1.4TDCi sales would take a direct hit.
Old 14th May 2007, 10:41   #36
BHPian

Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Getz Diesel is expected around July but with accent engine ( thats what I have been hearing from different sources ).
Yeah, Almost for 2 years...
Old 14th May 2007, 10:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If the 1.4 TDCi was introduced on the Ikon
I don't know how this news has spread but I haven't heard or read anywhere.
If Ikon, Fusion and Fiesta will have TDCi (1.4/1.6 ). I think they will be very close to each other in pricing.

Fusion is expected around 6 lacs then what can be the expected price of Ikon. I am sure close to Fusion but in that case how many will prefer Fusion. I don't think Ikon will be introduced with TDCi.
Old 14th May 2007, 10:46   #38
Team-BHP Support

Navdeep, its more of wishful thinking.
IF they did so on the Ikon.....
Old 14th May 2007, 10:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
yeah,if priced right,the swift will have serious competition
Not only price but the price of the parts should also be reasonable. Then only it will sell in volumes.
Old 14th May 2007, 10:52   #40
BHPian

I doubt if it will be priced at 6 L ex-showroom. The petrol verson is 5.69L ex - showroom which makes it 6.6 OTR in Bangalore. Generally the diesel versons are priced a lakh above the base petrol, that makes it around 7.6 OTR in Bangalore. Too expensive!!.. Only the way out is to get the excise cuts by reducing the length, which is not easy. If its was priced at 6.25 to 6.5 OTR it will be the best bet....
Old 14th May 2007, 11:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Navdeep, its more of wishful thinking.
IF they did so on the Ikon.....
If wishes were horses ... blah blah.. ( courtesy Mr. Sidhu ).. kidding..

if Ikon TDCi is introduced.. surely Ikon is there for next 5 years..
Old 14th May 2007, 18:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
I doubt if it will be priced at 6 L ex-showroom. The petrol verson is 5.69L ex - showroom which makes it 6.6 OTR in Bangalore. Generally the diesel versons are priced a lakh above the base petrol, that makes it around 7.6 OTR in Bangalore. Too expensive!!.. Only the way out is to get the excise cuts by reducing the length, which is not easy. If its was priced at 6.25 to 6.5 OTR it will be the best bet....
What if they shave off the extra 1.8 cm (which they can easily do by redesigning the front & back bumbers) then they come under the sub 4000 mm category and can easily drop the diesel fusion price and probably dicontinue the petrol (because it wont sell at that price and they dont have a sub 1.2 engine).
Old 14th May 2007, 19:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
What if they shave off the extra 1.8 cm
they are doing it and this will keep the price in control ..
Old 15th May 2007, 13:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

My dream Ford diesel lineup:

Ford iKon 1.4 TDCi
Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCi
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Ford Mondeo 2.0/2.2 TDCi
Old 15th May 2007, 13:29   #45
BHPian

the Fusion doesn't exactly have a very good image in the indian car market ... very selected buyers ... expensive hatches just don't sell ... even is very spacious ... a hatch = small car for the janta or atleast small car price(read indica)... period ... the pricing will have to be someting special ... priced a lac over the swift vdi , it should have decent sales ...

the 1.4TDCi ofcourse is well a known and proven unit.
time will tell.

Most Viewed