Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:32   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I read in today's TOI, Fusion D will be launched in 3rd Qtr and will be priced at 5.7 lakhs (ex showrrom Bangalore)
Nice pricing I shud say....

Abhi
But i guess the price is quoted by TOI and not by Ford themselves.And i have a feeling that its going to be priced higher.And adding to it vechicles in Bangalore are always a touch expensive than other places.Its tough to predict but i feel 7 L(going by fords pricing preivously)
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I read in today's TOI, Fusion D will be launched in 3rd Qtr and will be priced at 5.7 lakhs (ex showrrom Bangalore)
Nice pricing I shud say....

Abhi
That will be a good competition for Swift D
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:02   #78
BHPian

well thats confirmed that fusion tdci is coming.will be able to see scoop photographs of the beauty in next autocar india.thats what the site informs,..greatttttttttttt.that means will be on road before the time i am going to change my car.that is nov - dec 2007.
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:59   #79
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
if the on road price is ptted at 6.4 lacs, then i doubt it can affect the SWIFT sales .
Instead ,i feel it gonna kill its own FIESTA sales.
Old 24th May 2007, 00:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
if the on road price is ptted at 6.4 lacs, then i doubt it can affect the SWIFT sales .
Instead ,i feel it gonna kill its own FIESTA sales.
Fiesta sales wont get affected coz fiesta is a sedan and Fusion doesnt have a good image till now.
Old 24th May 2007, 00:10   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
No it wont. It will be for the Fabia diesel, if at all
Old 24th May 2007, 11:25   #82
Team-BHP Support

The Swift D will not feel the heat a bit from the Fusion D. They belong to different segments, and also the Fusion would be priced way higher. Its more of a luxury hatch.
Old 24th May 2007, 12:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuthanbn View Post
Its tough to predict but i feel 7 L(going by fords pricing preivously)
In that case, Fiesta sales might take a huge beating ... As Fiesta Duratorq is the best selling Diesel model in that category....

Was going through Ford site the other day, amazed to see that Fusion petrol comes with 195/60R15 tubeless tyres and Fiesta with 175/65R14 tubeless tyres...

Hopefully Fusion D shud have the same set of tyres... With the same TDCi engine it can eat the sales of Fiesta...

Abhi
Old 24th May 2007, 12:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The Swift D will not feel the heat a bit from the Fusion D. They belong to different segments, and also the Fusion would be priced way higher. Its more of a luxury hatch.
, Swift D has nothing to do with Fusion D.... Fiesta D has more concern

Abhi
Old 24th May 2007, 14:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
No it wont. It will be for the Fabia diesel, if at all
or the Palio Stile 1.3 MJD
Old 24th May 2007, 17:10   #86
BHPian

If Ford can keep the price some where around 6 Lakhs, than definately this car is going to make some serious news on the diesel cars market, for sure. I like the overall look of it but they front bumper needs some modifications
Old 24th May 2007, 22:00   #87
Senior - BHPian

personally i think the Fusion D will not effect the fiesta nor will it effect the Swift D.

So they are left with a 'new' car which had flopped in the past. And in every aspect there is a better car than the Fusion D available in the market.

Dont understand what Ford is doing. And if they think they are going to compete with the Fabia then they are wrong. Fabia is better than the fusion in every aspect. And not to forget fabia is already a best sell internationally and 'hopefully' the same car will be sold here.

Cheers.
Old 24th May 2007, 22:43   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuthanbn View Post
I guess most of us have been waiting for the diesel version of Fusion,simply bcos the fiat diesel engine is a gem of a design.the petrol counterpart is great but with 9-10kmpl it was ignored.diesel shud be around 15+ so lets hope this thing is priced well and for sure this is "the car" for all the bad roads in india
True, except the Engine is not from Fiat. the 67bhp 1.4-litre engine the Fiesta TDCi sports under its bonnet originally hails from France. Peugeot, to be exact, who use it in some of their 206 and 307 diesel models. It was reoptimised by Ford for the Fiesta with bespoke fuel injection and engine management electronics.The drive-by-wire common-rail system was developed in conjunction with Siemens and use piezo quartz injectors with pilot injection to ensure a smooth combustion. The whole set-up weighs just 98kg so there should be no problems of re-doing the suspension for the Fusion.

The 1.6D, if they launch it in India, develops a more respectable 90hp. More torquey horses in there, there are. The Fusion would be a lot of fun to drive then.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:22   #89
BHPian

Just a quick check on Fusion D release date. Now Endy is released and it was mentioned in Hindu that Fusion D is for next quarter. Any body has new news.
Old 25th June 2007, 13:37   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
So they are left with a 'new' car which had flopped in the past. And in every aspect there is a better car than the Fusion D available in the market.

Dont understand what Ford is doing. And if they think they are going to compete with the Fabia then they are wrong. Fabia is better than the fusion in every aspect. And not to forget fabia is already a best sell internationally and 'hopefully' the same car will be sold here.

Cheers.
@ac 427, could you explain (perhaps with some details) which cars are better than the fusion in every aspect (price, performance, features) and how the fabia is better in every aspect?

We actually dont have too much of an idea about the specs of the to-be-launched Fusion-D, so I am curious to know what the basis of your judgment is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks