Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2007, 23:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
esteem. moreover it is a sedan whereas the swift is a hatch & remember, indians love hatches.
Indians dont love hatches, its just the car sales statistics that give this illusion.

We like to buy cars that are cheap to buy , maintain and run. Simple exercise, try convincing Tata to price the Indigo the same as Indica, version per version, then tell me how many Indica's have sold due to our love of hatches.

800's out did Padmini, not because of the love for people to be seen in a smaller car, but that of a newer car which is generally more reliable and frugal.
Old 12th May 2007, 01:10   #17
elf
BANNED

A 1.6 TDCI Fusion sounds sweet. Keep it at 5.5 - 6.00 lakhs on road Bombay & I'll want one too.

Chuck in an automatic at 6.5 lakhs & I'll never go back home.
Old 12th May 2007, 01:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
A 1.6 TDCI Fusion sounds sweet. Keep it at 5.5 - 6.00 lakhs on road Bombay & I'll want one too.

Dream on. Ford was never known to be kind to folks. the 1.3l flair sells for 5 L plus.
Old 12th May 2007, 01:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dream on. Ford was never known to be kind to folks. the 1.3l flair sells for 5 L plus.
Flair for 5L? Here in hyderabad the Ex-Showroom price is 4.79L... To select corporates it is available for 4.47L. My office general boards are plastered with their posters. In fact there are a lot of Ikons in our office and new ones also keep adding up very frequently.

In fact if Ford prices a 1.4TDCi Ikon at around 5.5L-5.7L you mark my point, Tatas will run scared. Indigo will have a huge fight in its hands for the first time. The Logan which was supposed to have given a fight is fast turning out to be a damp squib with its esoteric pricing. In this scenario Ford has its success recipe sitting on the kitchen top... the 4.47L Ikon can be easily sold in its diesel avatar at 5.6L average (going by the logic of most diesels costing roughly a Lac more than their equivalent petrol versions).
Old 12th May 2007, 01:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post

Quote:
please read the highlighted part carefully. it says OTR not ex-showroom. i also meant the same thing. 4.79 Ex- showroom would certainly take you past 5L oTR now, wouldn't it ?

Quote:
In fact there are a lot of Ikons in our office and new ones also keep adding up very frequently.
to be very honest with you, there are more ikons lined up in maraimalai nagar. but they dont keep adding up. LOL

Last edited by esteem_lover : 12th May 2007 at 01:45.
Old 12th May 2007, 01:53   #21
elf
BANNED

E_L, it was simply wishful thinking on my part.

To clarify, what I meant was IF a 1.6 TDCI Fusion automatic were to be sold for 5.5 - 6.00 lakhs on road Bombay, I would like it so much that I'd never go back home. I hope you now understand.
Old 12th May 2007, 01:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Didn't I say dream on ? i knew what you meant ELF. Damn, i am sober & everyone else is high tonite.
Old 12th May 2007, 02:24   #23
Team-BHP Support

Actually Elf is talking (dreaming) about a Fusion and E_L you are talking about a Ikon. By the way, at 4.47L ex-showroom (the cost it comes to for many corporate employees) I think it will just about nudge the 5L mark OTR. Now, in that case a 14.TDCi can actually be made available OTR for around 6.2L or so I guess. It can be done... And a diesel sedan with the latest technology (3rd gen Common Rail Tech) at that cost can really be a handful for the competition.
Old 12th May 2007, 11:39   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I just have a feeling that Ford will not be able to price this competitively. I do hope to be proven wrong, but not everyone can do an "SX4" in pricing.
Old 12th May 2007, 11:45   #25
BHPian

U wont believe me but just yesterday while driving i saw a FUSION and was thinking on the same lines that this car could be a success if launched with Fiesta's diesel engine and priced right and today i read this post.

Great ...

As it is Fiesta diesel is being upgraded with bigger heart to take on the Verna diesel things seem good but the only thing i hate about FORD is its After sales service which is worse than the previous FIAT's sales service.
Old 12th May 2007, 11:53   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford must have paid a bomb for the TDCI engine and if i am not wrong, isn't it still the most refined diesel that is available in the market? And, plonking the same unit on to a fusion definetly means that pricing ain't going to be as competitive like an SX4 ( forget about the goodies). IMO, the length will be reduced and same goodies as now with fusion and they may still price it around 6 Lacks ex-showroom.
Old 12th May 2007, 12:09   #27
BHPian

I think they should go ahead with it as soon as possible and price it somewhere close to the Marina and put an end to those sluggish weird looking cars. Somehow I have a feeling everyone is targeting TATA'S , first it was Maruti trying to kill the Indica's (atleast the turbo) with Swift diesel, then it was Logan out to kill the Indigo now it can be fusion's turn to eat into the Marina market.
Old 12th May 2007, 12:20   #28
BHPian

lets wait till July .. whats in store for India.
May be few scoops in june..
Old 12th May 2007, 13:38   #29
BHPian

When is the Getz diesel coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Diesel seems to be the buzz word in the Indian compact car segment. Ford is now sharpening its weapon to take on the swift diesel and the to-be-launched Getz diesel, reports CNBC-TV18.
Any idea when the Getz diesel will be launched in India? Will it have Accent's 1.5 CRDI engine?
Old 12th May 2007, 15:30   #30
BHPian

Getz Diesel is expected around July but with accent engine ( thats what I have been hearing from different sources ).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks