Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:24   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
July's ACI says that Ford is cutting around 25mm from Fusion's length to get it into the small car range. This will apparently be done just by modifying the bumpers. I do not think this can be a huge investment. C...
Would still be in the region of Rs. 1.2 Crore. The earlier versions were from Fusion's manufacturing plant in Thailand. Since they launched new versions in other parts of the world it made it easier to launch a cheaper upgrade here as well. Reengineering the bumpers just in India would be an unviable proposition, if its current sales is anything to go by, unless the design looks like it can carry itself through international markets too.
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:52   #107
Senior - BHPian

At last! one competitor to swift (diesel) is visible.....in near future. I'am waiting for the car to get released in market and if it is within swift (diesel) range, i might sell off my present car and buy a fusion.....who knows, we may get some good freebies along with the new car....
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:37   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
At last! one competitor to swift (diesel) is visible.....in near future. I'am waiting for the car to get released in market and if it is within swift (diesel) range, i might sell off my present car and buy a fusion.....who knows, we may get some good freebies along with the new car....
I am assuming that you mean getting freebies with the FUSION? The only freebie that you get with the SWIFT VDI is the Lord Ganesh IDOL (depending upon the dealer!)
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:12   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
. I remember reading, Feista will be given 1.6 TDCi when Fusion gets its 1.4TDCi.
Sounds good that Fiesta will get a 1.6TDCI. But i am dreaded to think about the price. Already TDCI SXI costs 8.9L on road. The 1.6 must be at least costlier by 50K-75k. A price of more than 9.5L on road doesn't seem to be cool for a fiesta.
Old 4th July 2007, 10:14   #110
BHPian

I got a call from Chennai ford sales executive. He mentioned that Fusion D launch date is 12-Jul and traning programs organized on 9 & 10 of July. Any one has other news?
Old 4th July 2007, 10:24   #111
Team-BHP Support

Landcruiser, good to see you back here on the forum. Long absence !!

Like u mentioned, if they introduce the 1.6 TDCi on the Fiesta, it will further hike the prices, and thats not really a good thing.
Old 4th July 2007, 10:55   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
I got a call from Chennai ford sales executive. He mentioned that Fusion D launch date is 12-Jul and traning programs organized on 9 & 10 of July. Any one has other news?
Vanchi, did he/she mention anything about the price or any changes that have been made to the car?
Old 4th July 2007, 11:00   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is great news.
Diesel Fusion would be a great option. Provided they keep the Ground Clearance at 198 (reducing it will take Fusion out of my prospective car list).

Also, diesel engine will be heavier so it will imporve the handling. The current one felt so light during the test drive that I was afraid to take it above 60kmph.

Any news from the sales guy on the price?
Old 4th July 2007, 11:09   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from Chennai ford sales executive. He mentioned that Fusion D launch date is 12-Jul
Good stuff! Atlast, things are falling in place to get atleast one competitor for SwiftD, so that Maruti is kept under control. I can expect Ford has to do Maruti (in pricing of course!) this time as they do not have much option. Hope they dont disturb Fiesta too much and that translates, lower price for Fusion D. As they aim to trim the length of the car to 4000mm with a 1.4l diesel pot in it, it means, they are trying to corner SwiftD and 6.5l OTR should be a price to worth look at this piece of machine.

have a look at this :

Fiesta EXi Petrol: Rs. 6,56,870
Fiesta EXi TDCi : Rs. 7,77,321 (1.2l difference)

Fusion P : Rs. 6.41,000 (add 1.2l to it)
Fusion TDCi : Rs. 7.61,000 (I assume)

Then there is this small car tax concession and not sure how much it gets really, but this no or 30k nearer to Fiesta's price, then Fiesta will surely be disturbed.

Swift D : Rs. 5,52,000

All OTR prices.

The only worry is the handling of this car esp at low speeds. Hope they do something about it and make it bearable. As for as A.S.S of Ford, is nothing to rave about...(be reminded of a totaled fiesta and other's stories!), infact scary.

Vanchi, pls talk to the dealer and get more info!

Last edited by sgmuser : 4th July 2007 at 11:28.
Old 4th July 2007, 11:42   #115
Senior - BHPian

If we look at the success factors for the Swift D,which are:
1)Good Fuel-Efficiency
2)Silent and refined engine
3)Maruti and M.A.S.S

Apart from the 3rd factor,
The 1.4 TDCi engine surpasses or is equivalent with the Swift engine.
And also, Ford's build quality is leagues ahead of the Swift's immature birth due to the demand.

IMO, the only deciding factor for the Fusion D's success would be its price.
By knocking off 8% from the excise duty, it should cost around 7L on-road.
It would eat into Swift's share if its around 6.5 on-road or it would eat into Fiesta's share if its 7L or more.

Last edited by nitrous : 4th July 2007 at 11:43.
Old 4th July 2007, 11:49   #116
BHPian

I talked to different dealers. Both confirmed that they going for the training on 9, 10 & 11 July.

One of them confirmed that launch is on 12-July (He initially told me that Fusion D will be launched with Endy, but didn't happen. Hence I am not sure his credibility). Other one mentioned that with in next 10 days, this would be launched.

Price: I got two opinion. One said that 1 Lac more than Petrol version and other said that it will be less than 7 Lac on road.

Let us wait and see.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Price: I got two opinion. One said that 1 Lac more than Petrol version and other said that it will be less than 7 Lac on road.

Let us wait and see.
Bata style - 6,99,000.95??? Vanchi, so are you buying the petrol model or the diesel one?
Old 4th July 2007, 12:22   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Landcruiser, good to see you back here on the forum. Long absence !!

Like u mentioned, if they introduce the 1.6 TDCi on the Fiesta, it will further hike the prices, and thats not really a good thing.
Hey, its been long really. My Fiesta is undergoing 30k kms service. Will put a write up together within few days!

I can see Endy's, Fiesta's, fusion's undergoing tests on my way to office daily. Only thing is that there isnt time to stop in the morning and take snaps!
Old 4th July 2007, 13:38   #119
BHPian

Now after the posts from Vanchi, I assume Ford is going to do what it is been doing. Being stupid in pricing. As they have 1.6TDCi waiting for to be plonked into Feista, they don't mind pricing Fusion around current price of Fiesta as eventually stop the 1.4TDCi Fiesta. So, nothing more interesting! :-(
Old 4th July 2007, 13:54   #120
BHPian

It shud be fantastic to see the Fusion D. Also to read some comparisons with the Fabia.

Most Viewed