Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 09:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Isint the wood finish whatever standard on the corolla??

Godfather

Not for the rear cup holder. that was always in plastic.
Old 19th May 2007, 12:33   #17
BANNED

Another Marketing Gimmick By Manufactures , What ever you do Toyota You won't compete With Civic sales unless you bring out New corolla soon on Indian roads .
Old 19th May 2007, 21:27   #18
BHPian

And in addition you have "road scrappers" now all around the car!
Old 19th May 2007, 22:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

C3PO that was funny.

@ Fellow Dicor owners please drive towards Toyotas plant and run over all Corolla's. Worlds number one Manufacturer are so el-cheapo that they doing tricks done by MUL 5 years back. Heck learn something from GM how to make a limited edition model, take a Optra base, hike the price by 30k throw in alloys, MP3 Player, Leather Seats Chrome Mirrors and thats VFM not changing the alloy design and claiming for better ride and handling. Heck i am sure even Chinkara would laugh reading this.
Old 26th May 2007, 21:32   #20
BHPian

wrong place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Saw the pic on papers today.. I could not find anything different designwise also in the vehicle.. and it said that Toyota is aiming for the younger crowd..

Godfather
You were looking at the wrong place. They were trying to attract the young crowd through the shadily made website that is not classy at all (dating and all on a car advertisement !)
The changes are too flimsy for a fresh limited edition launch. I agree its a big time goof up from their marketing team.

I would still play safe and buy an H2- you know what you are getting and it has the goodies(I have an H2).
Old 26th May 2007, 23:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

off late am seing a lot of toyota taxis...probably result of many price cuts...but then...wasnt it the same toyota who stopped the production of QUALIS and laucnhed the innova ( while the qualis was still topping the charts ) purely bcos they did not want the TAXI CAR image...

wats toyota now doing about the taxi car image that the corolla has got ?!

one good reason why hondas have retained its value is bcos honda strictly discourages sale to taxi operators ( all though u can spot very occasionally a taxi plated city ) - but the authorised dealers are told not to service such vehicles ( heard from a honda service chap )
Old 27th May 2007, 00:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
one good reason why hondas have retained its value is bcos honda strictly discourages sale to taxi operators ( all though u can spot very occasionally a taxi plated city ) - but the authorised dealers are told not to service such vehicles ( heard from a honda service chap )
I don't know who told you this, but they're wrong. First off, there are tonnes of Honda taxis and rentals, especially with the higher-end operators like Hertz and Avis. Second, there is no way any authorised service centre can refuse to service such a vehicle based on its registration. That's just asking for a lawsuit.
Old 27th May 2007, 00:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I don't know who told you this, but they're wrong. First off, there are tonnes of Honda taxis and rentals, especially with the higher-end operators like Hertz and Avis. Second, there is no way any authorised service centre can refuse to service such a vehicle based on its registration. That's just asking for a lawsuit.
V1p3r is abs right. Everyday i see various taxi plated hondas. In fact Oberois have an entire fleet of black Accords. The Taj and The Merridien has an entire fleet of citys. Even i had a taxi plated city. Boss if honda dares to discourage the taxi segment they are dead. Even mercs have warmed up to this segment. See Tajs black taxi plated E classes. As regards to the non acceptance by any authorised service centre of any car of the same make, under warranty, is not possible. even if your car is from another state, the service station will not and cannot refuse it. If you have found such an instance please bring it to the notice of the company at once. Most car companies will react very strictly to such instances
Old 27th May 2007, 19:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
The LE corolla is more pricier than the MT Honda civic,dont know exact pricing but in the region of 11L ex-showroom.

The dedicated website:
Corolla Limited Edition
On Aaj tak they were mentioning the price at 9L for it
Old 27th May 2007, 19:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
On Aaj tak they were mentioning the price at 9L for it
Probably talking about HE model which is 8.99 lakh ex showroom.

Most Viewed