Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 17:37   #46
RRU
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris hatchback spotted testing in Delhi

Toyota's Urban Cruiser Hyryder with two engine variants are slated for launch on August 16, 2022:

1) The 1462 cc MSL smart-hybrid in Toyota Hyryder Neo - sharing the engine used by MSL in face-lifted Ertiga, XL6 and Breeza. This ought to be quite a boring, performance-compromised, FE-focused engine eking out mileage of >20 kmpl; and

2) Toyota TNGA 1497 cc strong hybrid engine which Toyota claims it to be quite a performer yet giving mileage north of 25 kmpl. If priced attractively, it can position itself pretty well.

Besides, the Innova Crysta will be replaced by Hycross - the hybrid version of Crysta (new look and platform) discontinuing the existing Crysta. The diesel powertrain will continue for fleet/cabs.

I am not sure where it will place the new Urban Cruiser (the rebadged new Breeza) given that Hyryder already coming and filling the gap in Neo avatar - expected ORP of Neo 12L-17L and Strong Hybrid around 18L-22L.

With rebadged Baleno selling in 8L-12L range, where will Yaris Cross (hatchback) will be positioned?

Will always be happy to see Toyota producing its own vehicles rather than helping MSL reposition itself as an innovative and safety-focused carmaker.

PS: Existing Urban Cruiser is quite a hit with Toyota - badge matters.
RRU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 17:38   #47
BHPian

Hybrid in this segment would shine in our city traffic. Hope Toyota makes the move.
Old 4th August 2022, 20:14   #48
BHPian

I hope they bring it to our shores with it's hybrid powertrain. If priced around the 12-13 lakhs it would definitely generate some good sales figures for Toyota. People would definitely spend an extra lakh or two over a similar sized conventional car due to it's significant efficiency advantage.
Old 4th August 2022, 20:44   #49
BANNED

I am really hoping Toyota brings it's "original" products like the Yaris hatchback to India rather than continuing to rebadge Maruti products. I am not saying they shouldn' t rebadge products but would seriously love the option of Toyota's original products.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 21:10   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
I am really hoping Toyota brings it's "original" products like the Yaris hatchback to India rather than continuing to rebadge Maruti products. I am not saying they shouldn' t rebadge products but would seriously love the option of Toyota's original products.
Would love to be proved wrong, but fat chance that the Yaris would be launched here.

The cheapest proper Toyota we may get is the Hycross MPV.
Old 4th August 2022, 21:52   #51
BHPian

The front looks like Fiat Linea and the rear reminds me about the Liva. But if it is going to provide good family car experience, then it will be a hit. The concern is inflation, it has taken toll on middle class and if price is little steep, it will loose to the competition.
Old 4th August 2022, 23:18   #52
BHPian

Could this be the Toyota version of the rumoured Baleno coupe cross SUV? Suzuki's test mules have been sighted recently with a similar silhouette albeit riding a little higher.
Old 11th November 2022, 11:26   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Yaris Cross being tested with the new Suzuki all-new 1.2-litre petrol engine mated to Toyota's strong hybrid tech?

Link (Next-gen Suzuki Swift spied testing for the first time)

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th November 2022 at 11:48.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:57   #54
BHPian

Spotted this at Gurugram yesterday, if they are not going to launch it why test it for 2 years
Toyota Yaris hatchback spotted testing in Delhi-pxl_20230220_040729237.jpg
TSI47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 17:46   #55
RJM
BHPian

leaving the emotions aside, volumes and numbers dictate car manufacturers strategy. consider Corolla, its a global product, far superior than the rest in that category however it is not selling the way it should. Therefore, It all falls under what appeals to the masses in India, its price point and i guess how many km/ltr. Other than that Toyota has been manufacturing very durable vehicles and Korean manufacturers are catching up fast, then comes the Chinese and looking at the progress they have made so far I think it will take them shorter duration to be where Koreans are today.
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:31   #56
BHPian

Adding to the 'Yaris hatchback spotted' photo collection.

Since they've been testing this car for almost 2 years, doesn't seem that the launch is imminent. This car is probably a test bed for other components to be used in Toyota cars.

Toyota Yaris hatchback spotted testing in Delhi-whatsapp-image-20230421-7.56.51-pm.jpeg
Old 30th December 2023, 14:53   #57
BHPian

Spotted the same one in South Delhi area today
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Yaris hatchback spotted testing in Delhi-20231230_103836.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks