Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 14:18   #1
BHPian

Total booking confusion | Booked Thar on M2all.com, but Mahindra has no clue! EDIT: Refund received

Hello BHPians, this thread is about my weird booking experience of the new Mahindra Thar.

I finally decided to get the new Mahindra Thar last month (July 2021) and because of the local restrictions in my state, Assam, I planned to book it online.
Upon doing a bit of Google search, I found Mahindra's accessories e-Market website of m2all.com and it had the option of online booking of New Mahindra Thar with a Booking amount of Rs 5000. So I proceeded to book my Thar, LX HT AT Diesel in Galaxy/Deep Grey on 09-July-2021. I got an email with my order number from m2all.com, Then for a week or so, there was no update. Upon enquiring on Twitter with Mahindra support, I got a call from my Local selected Dealership, they sounded clueless regarding my online booking. Two weeks went by with no update whatsoever.

Then on 26-July-2021, got another call from Mahindra Dealership asking me screenshots of my order on m2all.com and I also got a call from Mahindra Support regarding the same.

Afterwards, Mahindra Support emailed me to share the same booking screenshots, which I did. They responded to it by saying that, they can't find my Booking on their booking website of auto.mahindra.com And so they have escalated the matter to their seniors. Meanwhile my m2all.com account got updated with details of my Booking, variant, color plus a SKU code.

Thereafter I got a new sms from Mahindra regarding booking of my new Mahindra Thar on 30-July-2021 and a personnel from the local Dealership called me to inform he placed a new booking on auto.mahindra.com and said that the booking amount is Rs 21000 and since I paid Rs 5000 already on m2all.com, I need to send the Balance amount of Rs 16000, which I did on 30-July-2021. Now, my concern is, which booking date is to be believed, 9-July-2021 or 30-July-2021. The delayed booking date will also push back my delivery date.

The biggest question is why does Mahindra have two websites for booking and don't they have any communication between the two? I don't want to have any argument or any bad vibes with my local dealership because it's not their fault, but what is wrong with Mahindra?
Feels like I am taken for a ride. Can't they solve such trivial issues immediately?

As of now, Booking facility via m2all.com is closed it seems as it now shows out of stock.

What do you guys suggest?
Attached Thumbnails
Total booking confusion | Booked Thar on M2all.com, but Mahindra has no clue! EDIT: Refund received-screenshot_20210805140232096.jpg  

Total booking confusion | Booked Thar on M2all.com, but Mahindra has no clue! EDIT: Refund received-screenshot_20210727161110197_1_1.jpg  

Total booking confusion | Booked Thar on M2all.com, but Mahindra has no clue! EDIT: Refund received-screenshot_20210731104037619_1.jpg  

Total booking confusion | Booked Thar on M2all.com, but Mahindra has no clue! EDIT: Refund received-img20210731wa0000_1.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2021 at 05:31. Reason: Edited for better readability
dr_TJ is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 07:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Total booking confusion | Booked Thar on M2all.com, but Mahindra has no clue! EDIT: Refund received

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Car Scene!

Typical of many of Mahindra's initiatives. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
GTO is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 08:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Total booking confusion | Booked Thar on M2all.com, but Mahindra has no clue! EDIT: Refund received

Clearly the fault lies with M&M here. This reflects their attitude perfectly of doing things without any purpose and merely for the sake of doing things.

Anyways, you're probably the first and now probably the last one to book via m2all.com. So they're still figuring out the workflow.
Lalvaz is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 11:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
You're probably the first and now probably the last one to book via m2all.com. So they're still figuring out the workflow.
Yes, its a total mess from M&M.
Its specially hard to make a Dealership deliver a Automatic Vehicle in my location because not many buyers choose a Automatic here.
They have even two names for their grey color Thar, Galaxy Grey and Deep Grey. Although its the same color variant.
dr_TJ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 11:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
*SNIP*

found Mahindra's accessories e-Market website of m2all.com and it had the option of online booking of New Mahindra Thar with a Booking amount of Rs 5000. So I proceeded to book my Thar, LX HT AT Diesel in Galaxy/Deep Grey on 09-July-2021.

*SNIP*

The biggest question is why do Mahindra has two websites for booking and they don't have any communication between the two. I don't want to have any argument or any bad vibes with my local dealership cause its not their fault, but what is wrong with Mahindra?

*SNIP*

As of now, Booking facility via m2all.com is closed it seems as it now shows out of stock.

Heheheheh I too discovered that site and thought it would be good to book at 5K instead of 21K since the amount would be stuck for a year.

It took me all the way to my providing my credit card details onj the Razorpay screen and then glitched at the OTP screen saying "Server error, this has been communicated and will be set right".

This kept happening. I involved the dealer I selected, and had them escalate to Mahindra. Over a period of two weeks at least, there was a lot of back-and forth between me, my dealer, my dealer's web-marketing-manager and Mahindra and the M2ALL site.

Finally someone from Mahindra/M2ALL's senior team called me and told me that it is not possible to book on M2ALL. And since that facility had been removed, what they apparently did was instead of completely removing that opeion (meaning, do not show a booking option at all), they decided to disable the very final stage of accepting payment (but they still collect all your info and also your credit card info along with the CVV). Bloody idiots.

And they informed the dealer that they will either remove this feature completely; or enable the booking feature with 21K as the booking amount.

And here I thought I was being smart and gaming the system by booking for 5K while every other "sucker" booked for 21K. Hah, the joke's on me after all.

Also, yes, Mahindra had no clue that this was an option on M2ALL and nobody seems to remember that the site even exists!

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 8th August 2021 at 11:44.
tilt is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 11:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Heheheheh I too discovered that site and thought it would be good to book at 5K instead of 21K since the amount would be stuck for a year.

Also, yes, Mahindra had no clue that this was an option on M2ALL and nobody seems to remember that the site even exists!

Cheers
In my case, even Mahindra Support has stopped responding. Dealership personnel has not yet been able to give me a Customer Promise Date (CPD).
Whenever I post a message on twitter, Mahindra support just forwards it to the Dealership. I can feel the helplessness of the Sales guy.

Seriously, Mahindra needs to do a lot better with all this. Luckily, the Thar has no competitor, orelse I would have been happy to switch brand
dr_TJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 14:21   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

When the whole world is running multichannel and omni-channel strategies, Mahindra is still trying to figure out how to make one channel work! Whoever approved the Thar to be sold in M2All is probably facing the heat now. Even I thought this was an accessories buying portal only.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 19:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
When the whole world is running multichannel and omni-channel strategies, Mahindra is still trying to figure out how to make one channel work! Whoever approved the Thar to be sold in M2All is probably facing the heat now. Even I thought this was an accessories buying portal only.
Now I am afraid of using m2all for buying accessories as well in the future. Hoping for some positive update from Mahindra or their Dealership here soon.

Sorry for going off-topic but can't stop myself asking you this.
Any mods done on your Thar?
I currently have a Ford Ecosport AT and I plan to replace it with the Thar Diesel AT. Without a CPD, I don't know what to do with my Ecosport sale. Sell it myself (Ownership Transfer Hassle worries me) or Exchange it via Mahindra Dealership.
Old 8th August 2021, 22:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Hello BHPians, this thread is about my weird booking experience of the new Mahindra Thar.

Upon doing a bit of Google search, I found Mahindra's accessories e-Market website of m2all.com and it had the option of online booking of New Mahindra Thar with a Booking amount of Rs 5000.
Mahindra M2all.com did offer car booking for a year or two but the whole experience was always a half baked one. One of my colleagues tried booking the car during the lockdown but it never went through. He finally booked the car through the dealer by sending payment through UPI.

It seems that idea of having two online booking platforms came during two seperate meetings at Mahindra with separate teams who developed the product independently (and never met). While M2all.com works well for accessories (tried it a couple of times) but I guess booking the car from the dealer is still a better option in India (for the time being).
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 11:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Oh, it was not oly Thar, but also all their other vehicles (including the commercial ones) that could be booked on M2ALL.

I do not know whether that option (for all other vehicles) still exists there because once I was done with my customer support experience I have not visited that site.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 12:37   #11
BHPian

Even though your issue got resolved timely, but still put in a tweet to Mr. Anand Mahindra about the gap in information flow within the automotive group companies. It just sours one's initial engagement with the brand.
Old 9th August 2021, 12:38   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Oh, it was not only Thar, but also all their other vehicles (including the commercial ones) that could be booked on M2ALL.

I do not know whether that option (for all other vehicles) still exists there because once I was done with my customer support experience I have not visited that site.

Cheers
At present, Mahindra has removed booking option from the non-commercial vehicles in m2all. Now, book online option is seen only on the commercial vehicles section.
I guess, someone at Mahindra realized this blunder with their consumer car booking system.

I mean, "How hard can it be? " for Mahindra to co-ordinate between the two websites?
Old 12th August 2021, 17:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

The difference is only about 2-3 weeks. Given Thar has upto 1 year waiting, this delay of 2-3 weeks may not be significant. Also knowing how dealerships work in India, I don't think you should worry much about either dates, given Mahindra has confirmed the booking.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:18   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The difference is only about 2-3 weeks. Given Thar has upto 1 year waiting, this delay of 2-3 weeks may not be significant. Also knowing how dealerships work in India, I don't think you should worry much about either dates, given Mahindra has confirmed the booking.
Having had a chat with the Sales Rep, he told that Diesel Automatics has longer waiting period but also very less bookings of Automatic Thars in Eastern Assam, so delivery might be sooner than expected but its a gamble as of now.
Even the Dealership guys are unable to contact m2all so they agreed at me paying Rs 16K for booking via the Dealership as Rs 5K was already paid on m2all.

Lets hope for the best.
Old 13th August 2021, 12:30   #15
BHPian

Update from m2all

Firstly, Sorry Moderators, for the Back to back posts.

So, someone in Mahindra or m2all might have came across this thread, I got a call from m2all rep, and they apologised for the inconvenience and informed me that m2all is not open for booking a vehicle, its only for accessories. So, due to some technical glitch, my booking went through, so they would cancel my booking and refund me the money.

So, the booking made by my local Dealership on 30-July-2021 for Rs 16000 is the booking in the system now. So, once I get the refund, I might need to give the Rs 5000 to the Dealership to make it a total of Rs 21000, the original booking amount.
Let's see how the Sales Rep of the Dealership handles this now.
So far, the Sales Rep has handled the situation pretty well.

Most Viewed