Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 20:19   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
It must be really embarassing for the people in charge to come up with a presentation for the media houses for what basically is a cosmetic job with some kit which is generally available at the dealership. Complete waste of time and energy.
Volkswagen has been doing that for over 9 years with the POLO. So I guess it's alright.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th August 2021 at 20:21. Reason: Quote trimmed.
DeepCarTalk is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 20:29   #77
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCarTalk View Post
Volkswagen has been doing that for over 9 years with the POLO. So I guess it's alright.
It’s not like polo. The suspension and exhaust have been reworked. N line also has rear disc brakes. Better than RS editions Swift and Ciaz.
anb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 20:48   #78
BHPian

Commendable effort by Hyundai! It’s not a simple badge job like VW Polo GT TSI, i20 N Line actually has retuned steering, new steering wheel, sport exhaust, different alloys, rear disc brake, retuned suspension and extra 10HP along with red splashes here and there.

I20 N Line is more powerful than Honda City 1.5 ! Plus i20N line has DCT Option too over City’s CVT. Also turbo petrol and DCT is considerably more expensive and tech option compared to 1.5 NA CVT in city
Who would have thought!!

Indian Polo has seen 3 generations of I20s in its lifetime and the very same polo is still available in your nearest showroom!!!!!!

Last edited by AMG1 : 24th August 2021 at 20:52. Reason: Additional info
AMG1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 21:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20 N-Line piece out, what makes it an N-Line to look at?

Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021-smartselect_20210824194232_instagram.jpg

Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021-smartselect_20210824194241_instagram.jpg

Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021-smartselect_20210824194250_instagram.jpg

Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021-smartselect_20210824194258_instagram.jpg

Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021-smartselect_20210824194307_instagram.jpg

Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021-smartselect_20210824194739_instagram.jpg

Hyundai N Line performance models to make India debut in 2021-smartselect_20210824194316_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 21:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

^^^^ Nothing an enthusiast non-N i20 owner can't conjure up aftermarket. What a rip off. Blue-red combo looks cheap too.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 21:31   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Pricing would be key. I am not sure that the market is ready for a 15 lakh hatch. I would say 13 onroad is the max they can practically price it at to do decent volumes.
The existing top end i20 is >14L on road in Bangalore
This should be around 1L more I guess.
Old 24th August 2021, 21:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hold your horses! The Polo may be an accomplished car but no one has ever driven the N-line version to conclusively say it's worse.
It’s definitely a step towards right direction but I never felt or said worse.

Since the engine, gearbox, tuning and 0-100 remain the same, I don’t know how the drive experience would be any different?

I sort of like the car but it is no way a worthy alternative to the legendary polo. Even after a decade, polo looks more mature in the sea of overdone styled cars.

From my last drive of both the cars couple of months ago, the i20 turbo AT drove as a relaxed car and polo 1.0 AT was exact opposite, waiting to be red lined. More than the car, I’d buy the polo just for its engine and gearbox.

From what we all know, it’s more of a cosmetic treatment given to the i20. While this N launch is a good start for Hyundai India, it could’ve been better if they tuned the car slightly higher or plonked the 1.4L in it to make N line appear serious rather than a ‘me too.

Who talks of fuel efficiency at launch of performance cars?
viren83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 21:57   #83
BHPian

The exhaust note is what caught my attention from one of the videos posted above. It sounds like an aftermarket exhaust (including some pops and bangs!). A bit off topic maybe but would I not be asking for trouble from the police with this loud exhaust? The cops will surely flag me down if they get to hear it.
Old 24th August 2021, 23:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
The exhaust note is what caught my attention from one of the videos posted above. It sounds like an aftermarket exhaust (including some pops and bangs!). A bit off topic maybe but would I not be asking for trouble from the police with this loud exhaust? The cops will surely flag me down if they get to hear it.
It is probably not loud when heard from a distance. Also it didn't sound like the decibel increased when revving, instead it had a drone when de-accelerating.

I am sure it is within limits since it is a factory fitted end can. The aftermarket ones are noisy and screams the faster you go.
tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 10:10   #85
Senior - BHPian

I dont get the bashing on this thread. At the very least one should await a test drive before reserving opinion?
It's an expensive car, but sort of a niche model, and to be honest, on paper at least has a differentiated offering than it's regular sibling. As to the price, as someone famous said, 10 lakh is all you need to buy a car for your "needs". Everything else is about desires.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 10:12   #86
BHPian

For me the exhaust felt like its from a 2 wheeler than a performance car. Nevertheless , this N line is more than a sticker job from Hyundai and kudos for that ,albeit its a very small step. Also they should use the 2500 cars/yr quota(to save some money on the testing) to bring the full blown N line here.
Old 25th August 2021, 10:28   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Seems like someone from MSIL has now joined Hyundai. A little paint and polish some garish colour, minimum mechanical tweaks and voila "N-Line".
Hey! I think you're confusing yourself between the N-line and the full blown N trims of the brand. N-line is basically the top variant with sporty cosmetics while the N trim is the true sporty car (The UK version of the i20N comes with 201 HP while the N-line comes with 118HP).

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2021 at 17:03. Reason: Quote trimmed.
aravindb_0711 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 10:29   #88
BHPian

I personally don't perceive this as a hot hatch. Actually, it just might not meet the moniker of a warm hatch as well (personal opinion). Had Hyundai equipped it with the 1.4 litre T-GDI engine, things would've been different. Just a stiffer suspension & sporty exhaust note wouldn't cut it.

I don't expect it to be very successful, majorly because of the pricing. Hyundai would certainly price it above the regular i20, which in itself is on the expensive side. Certain other options such as the Magnite & XUV7OO have a big role to play too. And the Polo as well shouldn't be forgotten, which has proven itself to be a desirable car for an enthusiast.
Old 25th August 2021, 11:24   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
^^^^ Nothing an enthusiast non-N i20 owner can't conjure up aftermarket. What a rip off. Blue-red combo looks cheap too.
Getting these mods done from a reputable mechanic is a lot harder than it seems. Not to mention how it affects the warranty and reliability. Even adjusting the steering feel is an extremely difficult job from what I've understood.

I would much rather have these mods done from the factory itself.

The VW GT TSI line is nothing more than a sticker job over the regular 1.0 TSI Highline and Comfortline variants, and they sell fairly well. This Hyundai is actually doing a fair bit more in terms of reworked suspension, steering and brakes. Hyundai's 1.0 engine matches the VW for performance (on paper at least).

An enthusiast car needs to be fun to drive, regardless of power output and engine size. If the handling and feel of this car is tight enough, I don't see why enthusiasts wouldn't lap this up if priced decently.
kadanaJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 11:56   #90
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Dear Amol,

For the sake of easy reading, you might want to avoid using so many negative words in a single sentence. Just a thought.

On this particular car, I feel Hyundai should not charge more than 1.5 lacs per trim level. (N6/N8)

- Abhishek //M
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks