Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 14:32   #391
BHPian

the Logan story was expected as u may tell from M&M's past...remember Mahindra-Ford was a remarkable disaster
Mahindra-Mitshubishi was another
And now Mahindra Renault....
They(M&M) mess it up when they try to do something in collaboration with another company....
Old 20th June 2007, 14:43   #392
Team-BHP Support

Well, my neighbor, who knows absolutely nothing about cars and doesn't bother about maintenance sold his 2 year old battered Indigo last evening and drove home in a gold Logan. I guess that's exactly the target customer of the Logan.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:47   #393
BHPian

I have started seeing logans on roads now and numbers are increasing day by day. I guess we will see more of them in another few weeks/months. Lets just wait for some more time and see how they does in india.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:58   #394

The gold logan seems to be the favourite color too. I see more of that color in logan than any other.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:33   #395
Senior - BHPian

All the people talking about the bad looks of the logan, dont worry you'll get used to it as you got for Qualis. The first time I saw qualis, I though Ughhh! who will buy this pickup mini-truck with a passenger body built on it and then later on Qualis proved itself.

So give Logan some time.....and only time will tell its fate.
Old 20th June 2007, 16:06   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
I am trying to find the funds to upgrade to an OHC & not succeeding.
The taxman has problems with access to funds... Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
i find the Logan a lot better to my liking than any of its contemporaries.
OK, what are its peers ? The Esteem, Flair, Indigo - I hope I got them all. Given a choice of these 3 plus the Logan, would you buy the Logan ? I mean, will your liking translate into actually putting your money down on it (assuming you are in the market for a car in that range, with the required funds) ?

I have only seen the rear view plus a glimpse of its side view at the showroom near my place. Plus I know that its supposed to be a built-to-price car. All this itself makes me shy away from it. But then thats just me.
Old 21st June 2007, 19:54   #397
BHPian

Here is some information for those, who think, Logan is not doing good

The first product from the Mahindra Renault joint venture, the mid-size Logan, has opened to a fairly positive response. Launched in early April, the company kicked off deliveries in phases in the first fortnight of May and has sold around 1500 units as of May 24, 2007.

A recent company release said that 27 dealers who are a part of the first phase received 25,000 inquiries over a period of 25 days. An estimated 12,000 test-drives were taken by potential buyers.

In 11 cities — Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Nashik, Delhi-NCR, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Jalandhar — the company has a total of 3000 bookings, the press release said.

In Delhi, a Logan dealer told Auto Monitor that there have been around 2000 enquiries since the vehicle was put on display in mid-May. The dealership said he has sold around 90 cars and has 138 confirmed bookings. Currently, there is a one-month waiting period for the vehicle.

It has also been found that the diesel variants of the car are more in demand as compared to the petrol variants. In New Delhi, for every four diesel Logans, only one petrol Logan sold according to the dealer.

Source - Auto Monitor
Old 21st June 2007, 23:16   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
OK, what are its peers ? The Esteem, Flair, Indigo - I hope I got them all. Given a choice of these 3 plus the Logan, would you buy the Logan ?

I would, i kinda like that rear. LOL. It is better proportioned than the other cars that come out these days (keeping in mind the swift & sx4)I see these cars everyday on my way to work in the GM showroom on Nelson Manickam Road.
Old 22nd June 2007, 13:01   #399
Senior - BHPian

Spotted yet another Logan on NH4 (near the badly designed Hingewadi flyover)..

It looks soo small and old.. Dunno how they call it wide bodied or how they managed to increase the space in the backseat for 3 pple.
Old 22nd June 2007, 13:36   #400
Team-BHP Support

+1 more for me.

Saw a Logan in the gold shade yesterday. That brings my tally to 4. This was while i was on my way home from work, and was along the Brookfields main road (Bangalore). I was on my bike, and seeing the car in the distance, made my way close to it.

The car had no mudflaps/mudguards. That in itself gave the rear a hollow feeling. The boot lid had a small design which was something like a miniature spoiler. The rear in total looked bad, and somehow, i couldnt get myself to like it. As mentioned by many others, just one reverse light, and one rear fog lamp. Somehow, that didnt look as unbalanced as the SX4 with the same configuration.

Wide body car? I carefully observed the car as it was in the process of overtaking an Indica, and they both looked to be of similar dimensions. I am not saying anything about the interior space, as i have never sat in one.

Overtook the car and observed it in my rear view mirror. The front wasnt all that bad. Definitely, not as bad as the rear.

I couldnt make out if this was the petrol/diesel variant, or which trim it was owing to lack of badging at the rear. I am not sure of there was anything to indicate that on the sides.

Got bored after a while, and continued with my journey.
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:41   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Well, my neighbor, who knows absolutely nothing about cars and doesn't bother about maintenance sold his 2 year old battered Indigo last evening and drove home in a gold Logan. I guess that's exactly the target customer of the Logan.
Precisely the kind of buyer Mahindra is targetting... the one'e who know nothing about automobiles. In my reviews I had mentioned that logan "might" be a success since we as a car buying public are very ill informed and not savvy. Logan seems to offer a lot of car for the money it commads but when looked deep into, its the opposite.
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:44   #402
Senior - BHPian

I have seen 4 logans till date, all of them in the gold shade. Or, am I seeing the same Logan everytime ?
Old 22nd June 2007, 16:20   #403
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen a single Logan in Agra yet , I just saw a Logan the other day going on Agra - Delhi highway, Did not think much of its looks, BTW TG July edition did a comparison between Fiesta / Verna & Logan, and fiest 1st / Verna 2nd & Logan 3rd.
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:26   #404
Team-BHP Support

Don't know what's happening elsewhere in the country, but, I'm seeing many more Logans in Mumbai than say, SX4s.
Maybe most of the booking that Mahindra claimed to have received were from MUmbai.
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:31   #405
Senior - BHPian

True, even i seem to be noticing as many logans as sx4s if not more.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks