Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2007, 18:22   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Have u seen that car in real?you told quality like a 800,dont compare 800 with logan.800 even cant think of logan.Because i drove that car a lot of times when i was in Morocco.It is a pretty nice car.
In Morocco the quality levels would be different then in India, trust me
Old 24th June 2007, 19:56   #422
Senior - BHPian

Yes I feel the same, quality of Logan in India we can't compare with Logan abroad like Morocco.

What reminds me when I see Logan is how Maruti have made Indian Swift to debut for that compitative rate here (for example-> with cheap or falling beedings cheap paint job, not so good fit and finish, proune to rattling... with not good design for Indian roads, suspension making lot of noice in bad indian roads.. etc..) Mahindra have done samething is Logan by cuting down the cost, but Swift has very good features compared with Logan.

Logan lacks few really needed stuffs and few mis placement of parts inside(power windows location is one best example..).

With so much of Design flaws Swift became Car of the year, I am feeling Logan might win the award next year

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th June 2007, 20:23   #423
BHPian

We are seeing quite a few in chennai too. The TD cars did not have the DLE / DLS badging, but are available now. Think this is because of customer feedback.
Old 24th June 2007, 20:32   #424
BHPian

Hey guys i saw my first Logan in Moodbidri (thats 33 kms from Mangalore) and i was suprised the car really looks good on road coudnt geta good look at the interiors but from what i saw they looked good 2 in fact the car looks much better than i expected and with the FE of 14/20 city/highway for the diesel model i think it should be worth the 6 to 7 lakhs price
Old 24th June 2007, 20:56   #425
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with you Ravi, i mean how do manufacturers decrease the quality of cars when theyget it here?

Quote:
With so much of Design flaws Swift became Car of the year, I am feeling Logan might win the award next year
You bet, most auto journos test drive the cars abroad before launch so its bound to be of good quality.

[QUOTE]Logan lacks few really needed stuffs and few mis placement of parts inside(power windows location is one best example..).[/QUOTE]

And the Stupid Wipers in the wrong direction is the other.
Old 24th June 2007, 21:07   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Logan lacks few really needed stuffs and few mis placement of parts inside(power windows location is one best example..).
If I remember correctly, the ikon still sells with power windows which you operate with your feet. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Quote:
And the Stupid Wipers in the wrong direction is the other.
Tell me how does the direction of the wipers bother you? Don't put down the car for such frivolous reasons. Have you driven it? Drive it.

This thread seems to be out and out against the logan. Most of the people here haven't even driven the car. I suggest all the people here against the logan please take time out and drive the car. It's not bad as people are making it out to be.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 24th June 2007 at 21:09.
Old 24th June 2007, 21:17   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the ikon still sells with power windows which you operate with your feet. I don't see anyone complaining about that.
Drifter, with such a fabolous engine the Ikon has, everyone would forgive its windows. And honestly no one is out and out against the Logan, the only thing is its priced pathetically, and is by no means VFM and thats the main concern hovering around this thread.

Quote:
Tell me how does the direction of the wipers bother you?
It doesnot appeal to the eyes, the wipers a tad higher are irritating while driving and on using the wipers wont it take time to clean the glass area on the windshield infront of the driver?
Old 24th June 2007, 21:33   #428
Senior - BHPian

No no, the wipers are more visible than other cars I agree, but I'm quite sure they do the job.

Well about the pricing, yes the general feeling here is that its priced a bit high. I for one think that the pricing is still tolerable. Yes it's higher than the indigo, but still tolerable. But to each his own.

Drifter
Old 25th June 2007, 03:48   #429
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am still wondering if there is NOT even a SINGLE person who is NOT bought one???? or is it that they don't want to tell???
I have. but since this thread is all about logan bashing.. no point arguing about its positive points...

Last edited by ashutoshb : 25th June 2007 at 03:49.
Old 25th June 2007, 04:02   #430
Senior - BHPian

OT

ashutosh your`s is probably the best looking Logan iv seen till date ,nice alloys and good choice of colour...refreshing change from the light brown/cream coloured Logan`s which are common in Delhi.
Old 25th June 2007, 08:39   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I have. but since this thread is all about logan bashing.. no point arguing about its positive points...
Every angle has a merit. Logan got so badly bashed because at the current price point everybody thinks its overpriced. This led to a cascading effect, and the entire product got bashed more than it should be.
Since you have a Logan, do post your opinions. A long term review etc., would be great too.
Old 25th June 2007, 08:49   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Ashutosh,

Congratulations on your newest posession. May be its time that the BHPIAN's are told the good bits and the bad bits from and Owner's perspective. Say what guys?
Old 25th June 2007, 08:55   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Congratulations on your newest posession. May be its time that the BHPIAN's are told the good bits and the bad bits from and Owner's perspective. Say what guys?
Amen to that.

Ashutosh,

I echo Tsk's sentiments about why Logan got bashed. However, there is nothing like an owners positive experience to influence everyone's perceptions. Please do share your ownership experience in Long Term Ownership reports section of TBHP.
Old 25th June 2007, 10:16   #434
Senior - BHPian

yep...will post in the long term ownership section...just waiting for the 1000 kms to get over....its already close to 800...so you guys'll not ve to wait for long
Old 25th June 2007, 12:16   #435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Sorry about that buddy, but i beg to disagree. I agree its not perhaps the most ergonomically suited positions, but atleast its still on the doors, unlike them on the Logan.

And since the major grouse against the Logan is its pricing, i think the Ikon offers a lot more for the price its at, which the Logan doesnt.

Most Viewed