Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 15:52   #196
Team-BHP Support

You know where the problem is? They have a much superior benchmark to compete against. If Indigo with its comparatively superior looks, features, fixtures, fit-and-finish is available at a cheaper price why would anyone in his sane minds ever buy this car? It would have sold if the pricing had also been bargain basement. Then it would have been tagged as the new econo king, built to a price, poor man's sedan etc... But at this price?
Old 29th May 2007, 16:02   #197
BHPian

Mahindra Renault Logan receives great response

Mahindra Renault Logan receives great response

The response from across the country is in line with the product’s class defying strengths in terms of space, safety and engine performance.Mr. Rajesh Jejurikar, MD, Mahindra Renault Pvt. Ltd., said, “The Logan has evinced phenomenal response since its launch as evident from the bookings. Our dealers had to deal with over 25,000 inquiries so far. This is very significant considering that the Logan has been launched in only 40 percent of the markets.”

More jokes here : Moneycontrol India :: News :: Mahindra Renault Logan receives great response :: :: Press- News :: Mahindra Renault,car ,Logan,Rajesh Jejurikar,Nalin Mehta

Last edited by navdeep : 29th May 2007 at 16:06.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:03   #198
Team-BHP Support

What are they trying to prove quoting the number of enquiries? That doesnt amount to sales, if thats what they think.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:20   #199
BHPian

Aanyone got any idea of actual number of Logan sold so far since its not-so-glorious launch?? IMO there will be more than a few red faces at Renault India team & M&M over this..must be working overtime in marketing acitivities to salvage this situation..Fact of the matter is : no one seems to see Logan on the road & if you do manage to spot one on the road you won't give it a second look. Logan is a no go.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:23   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
This is very significant considering that the Logan has been launched in only 40 percent of the markets.”

More jokes here : Moneycontrol India :: News :: Mahindra Renault Logan receives great response :: :: Press- News :: Mahindra Renault,car ,Logan,Rajesh Jejurikar,Nalin Mehta
The remaining 60% of the market will never ever get to see the car in any case when the 40% of the market has not seen it either!!!
Old 29th May 2007, 16:24   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
no one seems to see Logan on the road & if you do manage to spot one on the road you won't give it a second look. Logan is a no go.
I have seen this car in Bangalore, I gave it a second look after I saw the rear, I thought someone have rammed it from behind and finally I realized that it designed that way.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:24   #202
Senior - BHPian

I saw the first Logan today on Airport road. Looked totally inconspicuous
Old 29th May 2007, 16:28   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
I have seen this car in Bangalore, I gave it a second look after I saw the rear, I thought someone have rammed it from behind and finally I realized that it designed that way.
I know what you mean!!
Old 29th May 2007, 16:33   #204
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Logan in White!!!!!!!

Yes you heard it !!!!
White Logan Spotted near Appolo Talkies Pune.
Parked in front of it!
I heard M&M wasn't releasing the Logan in white
so as not to give it a Taxi Image! Whatever! but
I spotted it. Another Maroon one near Camp.

Please check ur respective cities for a White one!
Old 30th May 2007, 02:37   #205
BHPian

guys, can any one of you tell me where Logan scores less than other sedans as far as spec, dimensions and engine is concerned? i'm not supporting Logan but seriously wanna know where all it scores low apart from exterior looks, over priced etc etc. Answers please
Old 30th May 2007, 09:05   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekha View Post
guys, can any one of you tell me where Logan scores less than other sedans as far as spec, dimensions and engine is concerned? i'm not supporting Logan but seriously wanna know where all it scores low apart from exterior looks, over priced etc etc. Answers please
Read the previous 13 pages of this thread. You will know the answer.
Old 30th May 2007, 09:11   #207
Senior - BHPian

bombay and chennai , i have only seen it outside the showroom
Old 30th May 2007, 11:05   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our dealers had to deal with over 25,000 inquiries so far.
The primary reason for this is that customers were totally puzzled at the pricing of a car who's USP is being the cheapest, hence they called up their dealers to ask "Does the on road price also include fuel supply for the next 5 years "
Old 30th May 2007, 11:35   #209
Senior - BHPian

These days I see quite a few Logans on road, mostly in the creamish brown shade. Also a few whites. guess they have started deliveries now.
Old 30th May 2007, 11:43   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Read the previous 13 pages of this thread. You will know the answer.
thanks DCEite. sorry i was not clear in my previous post.

actually before posting, i read the entire thread. even i feel that the exterior looks, price etc is killing the product. so to find out what made Mahindra-Renault to price Logan so high, i started looking whether Logan scores high in any other aspect. i compared it with Indigo, Fiesta (products chosen by many TBHPians for comparison with Logan)and even with Honda city .
but i never felt Logan scored low in power, torque or cc.. or not that bad in dimensions or other things apart from engine. so i posted asking what is that exactly you have to compare as far as techincal side for a vehicle is concerned. i know this may sound so simple or even silly for many guys who have mastered in this(especially in this forum) but i seriously wanna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks