Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 11:47   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Aanyone got any idea of actual number of Logan sold so far since its not-so-glorious launch??
Quote:
Today's Mumbai edition of Indian Express has a "blink and you will miss it" article in the business section. It quotes Mahindra Renault sources as saying that they sold 1,500 units in May, recieved 3,000 bookings in 3 weeks and their dealers have had 25,000 enquiries so far on the car.

Does that mean that out of 25,000 enquries only 4,500 were turned into actual sales? They have a serious problem here!
I have been seeing Logan's everyday for the past 5 days now. Black, dark red and cream ones. Different cars not the same ones!

Last edited by amit : 30th May 2007 at 11:48.
Old 30th May 2007, 11:57   #212
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... Have they started deliveries in south? At least I have not seen a single Logan till date in Hyderabad. Considering the rate at which new cars get added to the roads here everyday and any new car shows up on the roads within a couple of days its surprising that Logans have not yet made an appearance.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:55   #213
BHPian

@Zappo: Bingo, Thats something that has been troubling me too, the non-sighting of the LOgan on Hyderabad roads. Considering the fact that Hyderabad has a huge fan following for the Mahindra's when it comes to the Scorpio and I was of the feeling that Brand Loyalty might play a huge part, but I have been proven wrong I guess.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:00   #214
nbr
BHPian

hows the response of the taxi operators for the logan ?
Old 30th May 2007, 18:27   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
hows the response of the taxi operators for the logan ?
Though the sample size is too less to make a conclusive judgement, all the Logan's I have seen and thats a HUGE 5 of them so far , have all been private owner registered cars. Of course, it's quite possible that they maybe used as a private taxi.........

I don't think the Logan will be a private taxi favorite. In Europe maybe since it's a cheap car there but here taxi operators have a cheaper AND BETTER alternative in the Tata Indica's and Indigo's.
Old 31st May 2007, 10:36   #216
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How much ever we may dislike the Logan, I have a feeling its still going to sell. Anything that has good fuel efficiency and is robust somehow sells in India. The diesel Logan does churn out some good FE numbers...
Old 31st May 2007, 13:45   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How much ever we may dislike the Logan, I have a feeling its still going to sell. Anything that has good fuel efficiency and is robust somehow sells in India. The diesel Logan does churn out some good FE numbers...
To add to that we have these auto shows/auto mags which praise Logan like anything. I have seen Hormazd answering queries wherein he asks viewers to buy Logan because its a better package and VFM .
Old 1st June 2007, 11:39   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
To add to that we have these auto shows/auto mags which praise Logan like anything. I have seen Hormazd answering queries wherein he asks viewers to buy Logan because its a better package and VFM .
I agree. Honestly speaking I feel even I have started liking the car to some extent May be this is temporary as I have still not seen the car from inside...
Old 1st June 2007, 11:53   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
Did anyone check out what Autocar has mentioned with regards to the Logan in the 'Buyers Guide' section? They call it well-priced, and VFM, all this while we are crying hoarse about how the car has no particular USP in its favor, and the competition is way better. Wonder how much they got as return for this?
Old 1st June 2007, 11:53   #220
BHPian

I have seen 2 Logans so far in Hyderabad.
Both of them yesterday, one being very close to my home.

The car is pretty bad for the price...you just need to look at welding joints to see what a bad job was done.
Old 1st June 2007, 11:54   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I agree. Honestly speaking I feel even I have started liking the car to some extent May be this is temporary as I have still not seen the car from inside...
All this may well lead you to be convinced to get a TD & god forbid be the the first t -bhpian to own one !! Kidding! Hope you will change yourmind after a "dekho" from inside & may be a TD
Old 1st June 2007, 11:57   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Did anyone check out what Autocar has mentioned with regards to the Logan in the 'Buyers Guide' section? They call it well-priced, and VFM, all this while we are crying hoarse about how the car has no particular USP in its favor, and the competition is way better. Wonder how much they got as return for this?
Hi Benny,

My guess is a Logan each for their efforts!
Old 1st June 2007, 12:12   #223
BHPian

Logan in Bangalore

Hi guys,
any M&M showroom near South Bangalore? I thought i saw one on JC Road. I am following this thread for a long time, and i really want to see the logan. Not really expecting anything, but just to get an opinion for myself!!
Old 1st June 2007, 12:19   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
All this may well lead you to be convinced to get a TD & god forbid be the the first t -bhpian to own one !! Kidding! Hope you will change yourmind after a "dekho" from inside & may be a TD
I am sure that there would be some invisible Tbhpian who is already bought it!
Old 1st June 2007, 12:35   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am sure that there would be some invisible Tbhpian who is already bought it!
So,I gather that you do not want to have the distinction to be the first owner here unlike other coveted distinctions on this forum (like 1st owner of SX4 in India etc.etc.)! Atleast the first proud "official" one I hope??!! unless some one is able to uncover the "closet" Logan owner on the forum..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks