Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 10:41   #271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
its as good as one can get for this price, period
If you are referring to the diesel variant, i may not necessarily argue, but with respect to the petrol variants, no way is it good for the price. Take a look at some of the comparos with respect to the competition, and you would have your answer.
Old 5th June 2007, 10:56   #272
Senior - BHPian

What do we have as the standard Safety feature in the Logan apart from the Driver side air bag and the head restraints??
Old 5th June 2007, 11:06   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If you are referring to the diesel variant, i may not necessarily argue, but with respect to the petrol variants, no way is it good for the price. Take a look at some of the comparos with respect to the competition, and you would have your answer.
I should have clarified, its for diesel only.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:10   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
What do we have as the standard Safety feature in the Logan apart from the Driver side air bag and the head restraints??
What is the standard safety feature in a Maruti 800/Omni but it still rules.

I also remember when they launched maruti, drivers on the highway used to call it as a soapbox and a matchbox.

lets not try to pick on something unnecessarily, there are pros and cons with every vehicle.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:23   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
What is the standard safety feature in a Maruti 800/Omni but it still rules.

I also remember when they launched maruti, drivers on the highway used to call it as a soapbox and a matchbox.

lets not try to pick on something unnecessarily, there are pros and cons with every vehicle.
I know that, but please remember that M800 was for masses and though the Logan is also for masses, it caters to a different segment completely.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:39   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know that, but please remember that M800 was for masses and though the Logan is also for masses, it caters to a different segment completely.
There are no 'masses' at the pricepoint the Logan is at - even if there are any on a budget there is a cheaper alternative or two. That is the fundamental difference.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:49   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
There are no 'masses' at the pricepoint the Logan is at - even if there are any on a budget there is a cheaper alternative or two. That is the fundamental difference.
Atleast that's what Mahindra believes in...
Old 5th June 2007, 11:57   #278
Senior - BHPian

It has been a big disappointment from Mahindra's side I'm yet to see a Logan on road.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:00   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
It has been a big disappointment from Mahindra's side I'm yet to see a Logan on road.
Has it been launched in Faridabad???
Old 5th June 2007, 12:19   #280
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Renault Logan - by Saumil Bhavsar The Mahindra Renault LOGAN Lets review it again
Old 5th June 2007, 12:51   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a look at the comments section. It seems the dealer doesnt even give floor mats... Cost cutting to the extreme, that even the dealer is feeling the pinch??
Old 5th June 2007, 12:54   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Had a look at the comments section. It seems the dealer doesnt even give floor mats... Cost cutting to the extreme, that even the dealer is feeling the pinch??
Naah, I think we are falling over our heads in order to spew some venom. I bet we will see a lot more Logan's on the road, even though, in my opinion, it is a substandard offering.
Old 5th June 2007, 13:24   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
even if there are any on a budget there is a cheaper alternative or two. That is the fundamental difference.
Absolutely..and 2800 buyers voted with their cheque books in favour of Logan over the other cheaper alternatives., in May.

At the end of the day, the carbuyer makes an informed decision as to what suits his needs best.

It may not match the opinions on T bhp and IMO but thats hardly any reason to nitpick , even after knowing the sales figures.

O>T> I think the title of the thread needs to be changed pronto..Or what is the definition of "doing well" as per the originator of the thread ?
Old 5th June 2007, 13:58   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
and I dont think that will ever be a criteria for me to buy or not to buy a car. I dont buy anything for freebies.
Old 5th June 2007, 14:03   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I dont buy anything for freebies.
But you would be happy when u get them. Ask anyone who has bought a new Swift petrol, and see how happy he is with all the freebies and discounts provided to him.

Floor mats and mud guards are very basic accessories which are literally taken as granted to be provided FOC by the dealer. Mine also threw in a MP3 player and car perfume for free.

Most Viewed