Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 12:52   #331
BHPian

Delivery time is now down to 1 week (atleast with one dealer here in Chennai), don't know if it is oversupply or if really the production has been ramped up
Old 11th June 2007, 14:15   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Don't know and don't care, these are figures reported to SIAM and are not wrong. I remember a similar debate during verna launch.
"How can verna sell 2200 units a month, I don't see any"
I won't exactly call it verna-ish. Verna was visible alright... only that the numbers took some time to add up. Now I see a surfeit of them everywhere. Most of these are the CRDi version of course.

On the other hand till date I have seen only one Logoff (in the Balanagar area). And considering that Hyderabad is a motoring town (every tom, dick and banwari owns a car) coupled with the fact that I wade through the whole of hyderabad everyday in coming to work and then going back I would say that in Hyderabad at least it has got a big thumbs down.
Old 11th June 2007, 16:54   #333
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, there are still many new mahindra-renault dealerships which are yet to open...so the car hasn't been able to sell at its full potential. We have adequate dealers in Bombay and yes I see Logans almost everyday now.

We should refrain from jumping to conclusions. The car hasn't done as badly as people are making it sound.

Drifter
Old 11th June 2007, 18:11   #334
BHPian

As per Car & Bike show yesterday night, at the end of May'07, 3000 SX4 were booked, 2700 Logan were booked and less than 1000 Honda Citi were booked !!!
Old 11th June 2007, 19:50   #335
Team-BHP Support

same feeling here, slowly but steadily i see lot of logans around and i heard that deliveries just began in may so might be too early to speculate. call me cray i somehow love the chiseled *** of that car!!
Old 11th June 2007, 19:54   #336
Senior - BHPian

I agree, it looks quite handsome from the front. Its only the side profile that I don't like. Even the rear can be made better looking with larger tyres.

Drifter
Old 12th June 2007, 11:17   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
As far as I know, there are still many new mahindra-renault dealerships which are yet to open...so the car hasn't been able to sell at its full potential. We have adequate dealers in Bombay and yes I see Logans almost everyday now.

We should refrain from jumping to conclusions. The car hasn't done as badly as people are making it sound.

Drifter
i'll second that. initial tentative figures / reports are contrary to the perception here at the forum. Maybe a six-month report would be more indicative.
Old 12th June 2007, 11:41   #338
Senior - BHPian

In my daily commute, the cars that I see are as follows:

Marutis - more than a what I can count
Hyundai Santro - About 80-100
Honda City - about 15-20
Civic - 5-9
Mahindra Logan - 5 odd...and its increasing on a daily basis.

I travel from Mira Road to Chembur everyday...
Old 13th June 2007, 20:37   #339
BHPian

If the Logan is not doing well thank God the Indian car buyers have atlast woken up from the slumber and decided India is no more the dumbing ground for cheap chunks of metal from around the world
Old 13th June 2007, 21:47   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I travel from Mira Road to Chembur everyday...
and back ? Wow - man you have guts !!

guess i am getting old.
Old 13th June 2007, 22:19   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
and back ? Wow - man you have guts !!

guess i am getting old.
Yes N_C, daily...love the drive...!!! used to take the Ghodbunder road earlier and it was a nice and pleasant drive....1.15 hrs flat. its abt 44 Kms one way and I drive the zen! full fun. and you are not growing old! and if you are then watch Cheeni kamm....
Old 13th June 2007, 22:30   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
and you are not growing old! and if you are then watch Cheeni kamm....
Well yes I did - the pony tails on the way !! . But its not about the distance , its about the maddening traffic these days.

OT - has the Ghodbunder Road improved now , if you have travelled lately ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 13th June 2007 at 22:31.
Old 13th June 2007, 22:56   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw my first Logan on BLR roads today. Soul-less, characterless car. But has that big look that the normal car-buying Indian populace like to own.

Old 13th June 2007, 22:57   #344
Senior - BHPian

It looks puny compared to the regular Indigo, to say nothing of the XL. And someone was spot-on when they said it looks like something Sipani would have made.

Jaggu, what man?! Ikon, Swift, those are beauties. This?!
Old 14th June 2007, 01:55   #345
Senior - BHPian

When I said the press was talking about the Logan being a revelation for the Indian market I did not expect this much,

Here's what Murad ali Baig[cybersteering.com/indiacar.com fame] has to say,

Quote:
Think for a moment: what would happen if you were offered a modern saloon with the inner space of a Corolla, outer length of an Accent and the price of a top end Santro? You are likely to drop whatever you were doing and head straight for the nearest Mahindra-Renault showroom where you will find a handsome but not too brilliantly styled saloon that can accommodate a large family and all your luggage for those weekend getaways.

Now, there is nothing cheap about the Logan and what we are seeing is a very aggressive entry strategy by Renault who, taking advantage of Mahindra’s low cost - high volume manufacturing base, is making its first foray in Indian shores

Needless to say, like all modern cars, the Logan has a full array of safety features and for those who travel frequently, there is a huge boot to stack up stuff of assorted shapes and sizes.

With prices roughly 15 - 20% below the price of some of its excellent competitors like the Accent, City, Fusion, Aveo and Verna, the Logan looks poised to create a serious ‘shake up’ in the Indian car market.

source:
Logan may just trigger a ?price quake? - livemint

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 14th June 2007 at 02:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks