Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 04:17   #346
Senior - BHPian

Maybe we should start making initiatives to rename the thread..."cheap car with a not-so-cheap price starts to make a point in India!" Looks like Obelix will finally swap the "Romans" with "Indians" in his favourite phrase.
Old 14th June 2007, 09:09   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
OT - has the Ghodbunder Road improved now , if you have travelled lately ?
Yes, I did. Its improved a lot now, once both the sides are completed, it would be worth driving on the road. Also, the street lights are being put on that road finally!.

On Topic: Its has got a Mahindra Renault Showroom as well!!!
Old 14th June 2007, 09:57   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Yes, I did. Its improved a lot now, once both the sides are completed, it would be worth driving on the road. Also, the street lights are being put on that road finally!.

On Topic: Its has got a Mahindra Renault Showroom as well!!!
Hey Amit,

Does that mean you will be tempted to drop by in the ML showroom & take the Logan for spin & follow up with a TD report ON T-BHP . Remember you said it!!

But hats off to you man, driving from Mira road to Chembur & back everyday in Mumbai traffic..What do you eat or drink ??!!
Old 14th June 2007, 10:31   #349
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Now, there is nothing cheap about the Logan
Come on, Mr. Baig. I have been a fan of your writings, but who are we kidding here?
Old 14th June 2007, 10:32   #350
BHPian

it sure seems that the logan has not done as brilliantly as they thought or maybe not done well at all.
I think that since its not available nationwide its still too early to judge how well it has done.
there is something really wrong with M&M ,cause when you try to create a stir by bombarding the media with ad's then you better be ready to back it by deliveries all over india.
And I sincerely feel that their core market in the indica customer ,because with the aggresive cost cutting that they have tried to acheive ,they must surely have compromised the quality too to some extent. only customers who are used to tata quality and reliability would be ready to switch over.
frankly inthe flesh the car definately looks really boring
Old 14th June 2007, 10:37   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Hey Amit,

Does that mean you will be tempted to drop by in the ML showroom & take the Logan for spin & follow up with a TD report ON T-BHP . Remember you said it!!

But hats off to you man, driving from Mira road to Chembur & back everyday in Mumbai traffic..What do you eat or drink ??!!
Naah, I changed my route! will start using the western express highway nowonwards, the tolls are killing me otherwise! I am a pure veggie so eat grass (Elephant Grass)
Old 14th June 2007, 11:51   #352
Team-BHP Support

Guys, guys, guys...

Two days back i asked in this thread, if the Logan has been launched everywhere, and i got the answer as yes.

However, passing by the Mahindra showroom yesterday, the logan wasnt to be seen. Only Scorpio and Bolero ( - hate the new look) was to be seen. Didnt go in cause i didnt find the Logan there.

Havent seen a single Logan so far. Is it just my bad luck?
Old 14th June 2007, 12:03   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Two days back i asked in this thread, if the Logan has been launched everywhere, and i got the answer as yes.

However, passing by the Mahindra showroom yesterday, the logan wasnt to be seen. Only Scorpio and Bolero ( - hate the new look) was to be seen. Didnt go in cause i didnt find the Logan there.

Havent seen a single Logan so far. Is it just my bad luck?
Crazy, I dont think Logan is available at the Mahindra Showrooms. Can someone confirm this? Its available at the Mahindra Renault Showrooms...Can anyone confirm this as I haven't seen the Logan in any of the mahindra showroom
Old 14th June 2007, 12:11   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Crazy, I dont think Logan is available at the Mahindra Showrooms. Can someone confirm this? Its available at the Mahindra Renault Showrooms...Can anyone confirm this as I haven't seen the Logan in any of the mahindra showroom

You may have not seen Logans in Mahindra showrooms but I have seen Scorpios and Boleros in both the Mahindra Renault showrooms I have visited so far.
Old 14th June 2007, 12:12   #355
Senior - BHPian

I agree, thats what I have seen as well!
Old 14th June 2007, 17:37   #356
BHPian

is there any difference between the mahindra showrooms and mahindra renault showrooms cause in delhi ihave seen logan at bhasin ...dont knw abt other dealers though
Old 14th June 2007, 19:12   #357
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that Mahindra Showrooms have all mahindra products, rural, semi-rural and city models and Mahindra Renault has Logan, Scorpio and the Bolero Range and they are the exclusive dealers for the Logan.
Old 14th June 2007, 21:00   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
You may have not seen Logans in Mahindra showrooms but I have seen Scorpios and Boleros in both the Mahindra Renault showrooms I have visited so far.
There are Mahindra showrooms and then there are mahindra renalut showrooms?

I dont think any new showroom has been set up anywhere in trivandrum. And logan is not there at the Mahindra showroom here.

Not that i want to see the Logan. But, not fair that we still dont get to know why everyone hates it so much.
Old 15th June 2007, 15:56   #359
Senior - BHPian

This car looks from the past, but has some "decent" road presence. Ideal car for the 80's movies for the car chases. Imagine this:

OT: Bhai, tum iss paper pe sign karte ho ki nahin...naaaiiii...

Aaj mere paas bangla hai, bank balance hai....tumhare paas kya hai...

Mere paas "Logan" hai!
Old 15th June 2007, 16:04   #360
Senior - BHPian

yippee.. finally I saw a Logan on the road..

Most Viewed