Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 20:58   #451
Senior - BHPian

no need to say sorry. looks are subjective. even i find swift/NHC/indigo ugly. beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder
Old 26th June 2007, 22:03   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
The fiestas , selling at higher prices also have the same arrangement , with bonnet release and switches.
You mean the four power window switches are on the front passenger side too? I am speechless!

This is pathetic. I would like to know what these manufacturers are doing in the UK.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:15   #453
Senior - BHPian

For all the people talking about the power window switch placement. A lamborghini gallardo comes with the same arrangement ie. power windows are operated from switches from the dashboard. Nobody is complaining over there.

Just because we dont like the switches doesn't mean the others don't. There are people who have bought this car, im sure they knew the power windows were operated from the dash.

Drifter
Old 26th June 2007, 22:44   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
For all the people talking about the power window switch placement. A lamborghini gallardo comes with the same arrangement ie. power windows are operated from switches from the dashboard. Nobody is complaining over there.

Just because we dont like the switches doesn't mean the others don't. There are people who have bought this car, im sure they knew the power windows were operated from the dash.

Drifter
Not having seen the inside of a Fiesta, I was under the impression that the power window switches were placed to the left of the front passenger on the hand rest on the left front door. That would be pathetic.

I don't think there is much to complain if the switches are placed on the center pod. IIRC, one my uncle's old MB (240D?) had these right behind the shift lever between the front seats.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:55   #455
Senior - BHPian

The-U,

My statement wasn't directed at you. There were a few people who said that the power window switches are wrongly placed. I've used them and didn't find anything wrong with them. Hence my statement.

Drifter
Old 27th June 2007, 08:26   #456
BHPian

Saw a maroon Logan in Whitefield yesterday. This was my second Logan sighting in Bangalore after a black one 2 months back in JP Nagar. I personally find the Logan decent looking. Not a stunner by any means and not an eyesore also. Its plain, but I think it will look good with some nice graphics.
Old 27th June 2007, 08:30   #457
BHPian

What happened to the fog lamps in ur car i thought the top end version came with fog lamps
Old 27th June 2007, 12:29   #458
Senior - BHPian

The wipers in the 3 series are proper

Old 27th June 2007, 14:51   #459
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy ashutoshb. Waiting to read the ownership report of yours. Will be a very interesting read.

Cheers!!!
Old 27th June 2007, 16:58   #460
BHPian

I have seen an increase in the number of Logans on the road of late. Its a fairly competent car with superb suspension, and enough room to carry you and your family with the maid and dog in comfort.
If you can live with the drab interiors, this is a much better car to drive than the expensive so called semi-premium-performance-hatchbacks.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 27th June 2007 at 16:59. Reason: Incomplete Sentencing
Old 27th June 2007, 23:19   #461
BHPian

i testdrove one indigo dicor LX today and in that also the power window switches are in the middle just in front of gear lever. So seems thats the standard nowadays....
Old 30th June 2007, 15:52   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Saw a maroon Logan in Whitefield yesterday. This was my second Logan sighting in Bangalore after a black one 2 months back in JP Nagar. I personally find the Logan decent looking. Not a stunner by any means and not an eyesore also. Its plain, but I think it will look good with some nice graphics.
Other that the one that I test drove yesterday, a maroon Petrol 1.6, I have spotted just 1 silver grey one today near the Windsor Manor Hotel.

This version is really underpowered and dread to think what the 1.4 would be like. The diesel one was not available for the test drive and the dealer promised to arrange for one on Monday.

God bless.
Old 30th June 2007, 16:05   #463
BHPian

Logan is slowly picking up the market, i heard from dealership about sales increasing by 10% this month
Old 30th June 2007, 16:07   #464
BHPian

Quote:
How does a wiper position affect a car's sales ? is it that the wiper has to be manually operated by the driver ? its funny how some people react to something new
Even I felt a little uncomfortable with the wiper switch being on the Rh side. If by chance the car stalls you need to switch off the ignition key completely before you crank again, unlike in other cars where one can crank from the same position of the key. While doing so there are chances that your hand would hit and activate the wiper switch and we all know what happens when the wiper move on dry dusty wind screen. Krrriitchhhhhhhhhhhhh......

God bless.
Old 30th June 2007, 16:19   #465
Senior - BHPian

Most fords come with right hand wiper switch placement. Never heard one complaint. Skoda comes with the same arrangement.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks