Team-BHP - Mahindra Renault Logan - A late bloomer?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra Renault Logan - A late bloomer? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24051-mahindra-renault-logan-late-bloomer.html)

Three launches this summer following are the market results.

1>. The chevrolet spark -> has become the best selling GM model now,
Quote:

“Within 15 days of launch, we received orders for about 2,500 vehicles from northern and western parts.”
2>. The Maruti sx4 sedan -> once again maruti providing excellent pricing the result
Quote:

the Suzuki SX4 with Maruti announcing bookings of about 900 units by the second day of its launch. The car was officially launched in early May. “Within a few days, our bookings have crossed 1,000 units and the number is growing fast.
3>.The mahindra renault logan -> the car which was supposed to bring in a revolution and set the sales charts on fire,unfortunately the company kept everything cheap except its pricing ,result:
Quote:

“It’s [logan]been a slow starter, but we will have to see how it picks up once the nationwide launch happens,” says a senior official with a big financing firm. .Sources say only 257 cars have been sent out so far but Mahindra Renault officials say that’s only for demonstration and test-drives
Source:
Spark vrooms, Suzuki SX4 on track, Logan yet to pick up-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Will they call it Logoff now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 437642)

rl: Nice humor this side of Jay Leno!

So i guess M+M should contemplate reducing the pricing. The logan was launched more then a month back and nobody even talks about it, quite a soft launch IMO, actually it never took off, Indians arenot fools to buy a car just because it has interior space as much as a Corolla and quality like aa 800.

Deliveries for the logan havent started as yet in many places. Mumbai deliveries started on the 10th. Once deliveries are on in full swing we'll be able to get a better idea as to whether the Logan is really a flop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 437642)

Heard they are already planning on a newer configuration with a "different pricing"... I guess that one will be called Logan N Reboot.

Logan is a wrongly priced car with the wrong quality stuff. (I couldn't get to drive one yet, so I am purely saying this from What I've seen in mags etc..)

I am very suprised some magazines calling it the best value car ever etc... Stupids, are we?

test drived the logan 1.5 dci recently ... the engine is quite decent , offering good amount of torque ... but the interior of the car is a real turn off , not that the exterior is an asset ... i would rate the car the DLE model a 6/10 as it is cheaper than the DLS by about an lakh and so is more VFM .

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 437710)
I couldn't get to drive one yet, so I am purely saying this from What I've seen in mags etc..)

Thank your stars you have not yet driven it.. Just the look of the car is such a turnoff.. I wonder how they call it "WideBody":confused: ..
I have yet to figure that out.and for that price i'd rather buy a SX4 or even an Esteem

Godfather

Quite expected, wasnt this? Still.....in repositioned versions the logan may get some numbers due to their high-efficiency diesel engine.

Buts its certainly not going to be the market they were aiming for. Big disappointment, Mr. Mahindra. Cant sell a cheap car at a premium price!

Quote:

I am very suprised some magazines calling it the best value car ever etc... Stupids, are we?
lol: Magazines. Whoever cared about their opinions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 437715)
Thank your stars you have not yet driven it.. Just the look of the car is such a turnoff.. I wonder how they call it "WideBody":confused: ..
I have yet to figure that out.and for that price i'd rather buy a SX4 or even an Esteem

Godfather

it truly is very spacious man ... the sx4 is no comparison when it comes to space (legroom espescially) but then too this time mahindra/renault have got their prices goofed up .... agree:

IMHO, Mahindra forgot the golden rule..."Joh Accha Dikhta hai, wahi bikta hai":)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 437638)
1>. The Chevrolet spark -> has become the best selling GM model now,

... so maruti has started giving discounts of 20k on Estilo and WagonR.

I am also suspecting if this 'wide body' campaign has backfired....a few my colleagues were watching the Logan ad, and almost everyone said, ' I cant even drive a narrow santro peacefully, just think of the logan...'

I think automobile companies should stop using LONG and WIDE as a part of their advertising...

Anyway, all this is secondary, they goofed up BIG time with pricing. Atleast they should have seen some taxi companies as buyers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 437909)
IMHO, Mahindra forgot the golden rule..."Joh Accha Dikhta hai, wahi bikta hai":)

Golden rule? Hardly!

The likes of Santro, Wagon R, NHC, Verna sell in large numbers in spite of what they look like.

I'm happy to see the Logan flop. Indian customers can't be taken for a ride anymore.