Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 04:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well I have a bottle of bad wine that's certainly different, in that it tastes like vinegar.

To be honest, DC has created a market that didn't exist. He is a master crafstman and salesman. I only wish he wouldn't enlist the services of Stevie Wonder and Billy Baxter to design his cars. And that he would put some more juice in them too.
Old 16th May 2007, 04:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Not bad looking although the rear is messy.

Rolls-Royce Coupé by DC Design : âmes sensibles s'abstenir ! - Coupé - Rolls-Royce - Tuning - News auto - Caradisiac.com

Last edited by Mpower : 16th May 2007 at 04:31.
Old 16th May 2007, 04:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Eh, you call that not bad looking? The Phantom is a pretty ugly car anyway, and looks like DC has gone and riced it up. Next we'll have neons, and Jap girls in hot pants shrieking "I wonder if you know..."
Old 16th May 2007, 05:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
. Next we'll have neons, and Jap girls in hot pants shrieking "I wonder if you know..."
.. Hilarious....
Have you seen the rear of this vehicle... It sucks..i cant believe someone can do this to a Rolls...

Godfather
Old 16th May 2007, 09:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The next logical step for DC. He has been talking about reskinning a Noble for a while now, this is a even bigger step.

He is smart not to sink his own money into this one.
It was a non starter - he did a prototype but Noble canned it. I think the manufacturer's are not too happy with the publicity he uses.

i.e. - The Aston Martin - DC tom tommed the DB( before it was stripped down to make the prototype, then he lent the Noble out to all and sundry before rebodying it out
Old 16th May 2007, 11:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

whats with the starting line?

Quote:
A battered sign dangles beside a busy road in the Indian city of Pune, north of Mumbai
It makes it sound like DC is a roadside mechanic.

The supercar project really sounds good and IMO we should all be really proud. India's very own supercar. Also DC seems to be serious about it and with a chassis designed by an ex Lotus employee and a Jaguar engine, Im sure ittl be good

GO DC!!!!!!!!
Old 16th May 2007, 12:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
It makes it sound like DC is a roadside mechanic.
There are many more things in the article that makes you feel like DC is roadside material. But again in British media the line is very blur between offensive/funny/sarcastic comments in any article.
Old 17th May 2007, 05:57   #23
BHPian

give DC some credit.he is one of the few indian car designers who are recognized globally.
that said, personally and i dont know why i cant stand his designs....lol
Old 17th May 2007, 09:05   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

DC's strength is within the area of design. Where is he going to get the precision engineering required to build a supercar? Outsource it? Then it really wont be a DC supercar.
Old 17th May 2007, 09:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Next we'll have neons, and Jap girls in hot pants shrieking "I wonder if you know..."
lol this take the icing of the cake so i guess vielside is out of business for the next f&f.
Old 17th May 2007, 12:29   #26

is this sc going to be an indian concept or make it to reality
Old 17th May 2007, 14:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Where is he going to get the precision engineering required to build a supercar? Outsource it? Then it really wont be a DC supercar.
Yea. The article mentions him geting an ex lotus employee to design the chassis and getting the engine from Jaguar. IMO it will still be DC's supercar as he is the one who will be in charge of the whole project and handle the design part of it. Its good to see that hes getting the best for his supercar and not trying to do things he doesnt have experience with "in house". Lets hope this one turns out good.
Old 17th May 2007, 16:52   #28
BHPian

Somewhere in the thread it was mentioned that Ford has barred DC from doing business with them.

Then how come he is sourcing Jaguar engines? Is it used engines or something like that?
Old 17th May 2007, 17:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yeah its says ""I'm now barred from doing business with Ford" I guess Ford realised their mistakes or may be they read what TBhp thinks about DCs designs
Old 17th May 2007, 20:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Designs where DC's own creativity is let to run free certainly have a direction which tells him to use a large squarish oversized egg crate grille. Then there is this anti perspective thing that the front should look bigger (read imposing ) than the rear then offcourse bulging wheel arches. Then offcourse wherever there is a design flow DC has always broken that.

And yet some people say DC does not have a design direction.

And I am not talking about the designs where DC's imagination is mixed with his client's imagination and then there is a final "Rolls-Royse flying black frogback".

No doubts there is international recognition, sometimes oddity is popularity, with the real target audience with the backstreet boys of India. But no use taking away the fact that whatever the creativity produces is backed up by real quality fabrication.

Now how many guys in India has even come close?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks