Team-BHP - Yikes..DC plans to make a supercar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Yikes..DC plans to make a supercar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24069-yikes-dc-plans-make-supercar.html)

battered sign dangles beside a busy road in the Indian city of Pune, north of Mumbai. The sign reads "DC Design" and points the way to the headquarters of India's only supercar maker. Maranello this is not, but Dilip Chhabria is determined to become the Asian equivalent of Enzo Ferrari.

read on here

Though looking at DC's previous designs it seems the SC will be crap but i have a feeling he is going to make it real good and its good that finally we will have our own supercar.

I'm not a big fan of DC's designs , but one has to admire Chhabria for having the guts to break the mold!.Apparently there ARE Indians who are passionate about cars, for whom making money and babies is not a lifetime pre-occupation, are creative and can add value through their creativity!.A big thumbs UP to DC!......

WOW!!

India own supercar....

But do we have the roads to test them after we build them"??

Even if DC makes a SC, Not sure we can call it All Indian. Engine is from Jag

Anyway good to see something different!

there's still a long way before india can start bulding supercars it can call its own ... i won't vouch for DCs car design (no wayy), but the initiative is good ... let's see what comes out of it ...

Me too was never impressed by the designs of DC. maybe I am not sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of automotive design. But I feel that, unlike art, these are to be sold to the general public, not to a select few connoiseurs. So better be more contemporary than be "breaking the mould" always ! I would have liked to have some lower profile designers doing more practical and easy looking cars that those boxy DCs.

I do not think DC anyhow expects those SCs (if he ever builds a couple of them) to really start a new line of business for him. These are in all probabilities part of his regular publicity stunts. Those Mr. Moneybags (the kind who decided to gift his daughter a "different" Swift) get real impressed with lines like "India's first and only supercar maker"... Adds to the business you know. Anything goes... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 438165)
. These are in all probabilities part of his regular publicity stunts.:D

Come to think of it ... that very well might be the case

sounds nice dont it .. indian super car .....

get ready to see a modified car used in "Tarzan" movie i guess....
btw i ve heard his son does a bit or two about tuning so i guess both of them can work on it...

Sad that he is preferring to use an Automatic gearbox.. Manual would have been more of an advantage.I cant wait to see what it looks like..

Godfather

Although very odd, but DC does have a design trait. Good to see such endevours, for a supercar sourcing the engine is hardly the job done.

The next logical step for DC. He has been talking about reskinning a Noble for a while now, this is a even bigger step.

He is smart not to sink his own money into this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 438801)
Although very odd, but DC does have a design trait. .

What design Trait.. This is quoted from the same link in the first post..

"
One recent project was the Cexi for a high-net-worth Indian living in London. "It was based on a Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit," says Chhabria, "but it was rebodied." The end product, like a cross between a Rolls and a Nissan 350Z, might not be to all tastes, but it's certainly different."

Godfather