Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2004, 01:39   #1
BHPian

Something i cant quite get:
Have had both the first 2 models of the city,the previous one a 1.5 exi a/t[saph silver]{also cheated by ichibaan big time,in a separate post}.....gave me a city mileage of 9-9.5kmpl.
My CVT which aint even a month old and done abt 800km gives me only 8? Dealer says all well with my car and my drivings perfect cause my CRV gets me 6.5-7?
Why the heck did i buy a city then??
Old 20th March 2004, 01:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now you are truly a Honda guy, 2 city's and a CRV! How come all of your Honda's are automatics?

Your new CVT has done only 800kms, the engine is still packed and tight. Give it until atleast 4000 - 5000 kms before you start getting a decent average. Right now, your engine is yet in its infancy stages and hence will not be as efficient or as powerful as a fully "settled" one.

Hope that helps,

GTO
Old 20th March 2004, 03:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

It's really surprising that your NHC (CVT) gives you only 8kmpl. I'm sure that figure will hit the roof by the time you do around 3000 on it. Just make sure the run in is done well, or you might face bigger problems in the future.

But you know, there's a difference between driving the CR-V and the CVT. Both might be autos but they work differently. I remember one off the auto mags mentioning that it would take a lot of practice and experience to extract the best out of a CVT. You mght just have to drive the way it's supposed to be driven. only experience can solve this problem as i'm sure thet NHC gives a much better mileage than that.

BTW, Welcome to the Honda club. GTO, Ajmat and Me also own Vtecs. M3 has a City 1.5. Any other Honda owners???

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 20th March 2004, 18:46   #4
RJK
Senior - BHPian

U really are a honda guy ! a loyalist to the core !
Old 20th March 2004, 20:36   #5
BHPian

Big boss gto i prefer to drive only autos.....shan2nu the service manager said the same thing u said....though my old 1.5 was a powerhouse!!!!but i love this one as well.....
Old 20th March 2004, 20:39   #6
BHPian

On a side-step i ain't a huge fan of the new City. It just sucks in the looks from Front AND Back and also i just drove it day before yesterday, and i gotta say it aint powerful at all. I mean the ride is pretty smooth and gearbox and steering is really great but it just doesn't have the power or even the slightest bit of speed in it.(this is from comparing it to the other cars in the segment and not to some upper segment car like the Mondeo)
Old 20th March 2004, 20:46   #7
Team-BHP Support

A guy with whom I play golf with get 13.5km/l on his CVT less than 1000km old - he drives gently and is very fussy about it. Personally, the new City is a great appliance but does not beg you to thrash it. I took a friend to look at the new Honda City. She drove the old 1.5 and then the new City. The old City was being sold at too high a price and the new City ws too expensive for her. I then gave her my Vtec to drive. You can guess whic one she really liked of the lot!
Old 20th March 2004, 23:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

No prizes for guessing that.........

Regards...
Shan2nu

Most Viewed