Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2022, 22:53   #196
sbm
BHPian

re: Honda City Hybrid | Unveiled on 14th April 2022

Is there any relaxation in road tax for strong hybrids?
Old 12th April 2022, 23:24   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Depends, from performance perspective I am very confident Slavia 1.5 will be superior to City hybrid. So that segment of people, definitely me if in the market, would stick to Slavia. The Autocar review doesnt call the perfomance as a high point, even in the RS version.
But someone for high tech and efficiency, City hybrid definitely make sense.
Of course, you're right. I had mentioned earlier in this thread that the Slavia 1.5 will be a better performer especially when put to its paces. However if the two products are priced similar, there will be more takers for the City Hybrid than the Slavia 1.5 since it's far easier to convince a customer to pay extra bucks for the Hybrid FE advantage than the extra performance of the 1.5L Slavia. For me, if the two cars are priced equally or with the Hybrid undercutting the Skoda, then by just giving up the performance factor, I get a lot more stuff in the City. It has ADAS, the economy advantage of a hybrid, better perceivable reliability, and overall is a well packaged car.

I hate the stance of the city especially at the rear. It's road presence or looks are nothing great compared to the Germans in my personal view. But the Hybrid package at the same price as that of a Slavia 1.5 really has drawn my attention. Let's see what Honda decides to do with the pricing and after that, how this car performs.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 23:25   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Depends, from performance perspective I am very confident Slavia 1.5 will be superior to City hybrid. So that segment of people, definitely me if in the market, would stick to Slavia.
Exactly my thoughts. We all know that high speed manners isn’t really mass hybrid cars’ thing. What they do however excel is in fuel economy and the instant acceleration you get at a tap.

Going by the first impressions from the Autocar India’s review, that instant acceleration is missing and neither is there any sport mode provided to change the behaviour of the system. Plus we would definitely get the City Hybrid with raised GC here which means the handling would be at par the current City and not as good as the RS version in the video.

Honda City is known for a no nonsense, hassle free, reliable experience. But with this increased complexity, aren’t we heading into an uncharted territory? It’s anybody’s guess how would the entire system fare few years down the line.

True, fuel economy is going to be good and with rising fuel prices, it can have a huge impact on the decision making of potential car buyers. But is the premium of few lakhs justifiable for better fuel economy + Honda Sensing - the unknown reliability of hybrid system - the boot space when we have other efficient cars like the Honda City diesel manual with a ARAI figure of 24.1 kmpl. Only time will tell. Hope we get some pleasant surprises at the launch! All in all we have the Virtus, the Slavia, and the City Hybrid. That brings a smile to my face.
dr.delete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 23:51   #199
BHPian

Don’t want to make this Slavia vs City but as as I read the reviews and having watched a bunch of (Malaysia) review videos, it seems clear that Slavia 1.5 will be a better performer drawing the enthusiasts.

However, I think even within the “enthusiasts” there will be a segment that will get wowed by the amazing I-MMD system and the ADAS tech that Honda is offering. After all it’s a new shiny thing.
It is hugely practical too. Especially for those looking for an urban bumper to bumper traffic car for those daily office commutes. I mean how much can you use that 1.5 DSG power in traffic. Honda will likely be a smooth operator in the traffic conditions where the 1.5 DSG will be slightly jerky at low RPM.
attrip2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 04:18   #200

Indian customers are paying through their nose, for higher car prices & fuel prices.

This car needs to succeed, as:
- it will spur other manufacturers to bring in their hybrids. When we are paying top buck, we deserve more and best options. (More- being the operative word here)
Huzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 08:47   #201
BHPian

My father in law booked City eHEV hybrid yesterday paying 21,000 which is fully refundable.

The following images were shared by the Sales team.

Honda City Hybrid | Unveiled on 14th April 2022-signal202204130825149212.jpg

Honda City Hybrid | Unveiled on 14th April 2022-signal202204130825149213.jpg

Honda City Hybrid | Unveiled on 14th April 2022-signal202204130825149214.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 13th April 2022 at 17:29. Reason: Watermarks added
alenp07 is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 10:08   #202
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenp07 View Post
My father in law booked City eHEV hybrid yesterday paying 21,000 which is fully refundable.

They are conviniently ignoring boot space here. The ACI review says that boot space has been reduced to 410L even without a spare tyre. If a spare tyres is added it'll further come down to 350L range. There goes of of the advantage Sedans have over CSUVs. Also, the last image says 'Smart watch+ Honda connect' also in 5G city. Are they adding these feature in the regular city ZX?
sbm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 10:31   #203
Team-BHP Support

It’s premature at this point given I’ve neither seen nor driven the car but from the little I have read on the City performance as well as reduced boot space (further limited by space saver), I would think this makes (mostly) a good city car and not a long distance touring companion.

If the motivation for people who pick this is running economy, multi-car households ought seriously consider an MG ZS EV / Nexon EV instead of this variant of the City. Barring perhaps a better back seat experience in the City, the Nexon / MG would be peppier to drive, MUCH more cost efficient in cost per kms and would be comparably usable on boot space for long trips within a 200 km range. They would also have the advantage of slightly better ground clearance than the City HEV.
Axe77 is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 10:38   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
---
If the motivation for people who pick this is running economy, multi-car households ought seriously consider an MG ZS EV / Nexon EV instead of this variant of the City. --
It depends on the infrastructure availability and usage of the car. Any day a Hybrid is a better bet ( if priced sensibly) over an EV at this juncture.

Maybe beyond 2025 when EV's will be available from a ground up design with expected better infrastructure would make more sense.
volkman10 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 10:54   #205
BHPian

What will be the payback for the premium charged?
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 13:18   #206
BHPian

If the ADAS features are available at sub 20L price point, I'd consider it VFM. If they can give a variant omitting ADAS features at an even lower price, much better!

If the battery is more than 7KWh, addition of a charger port (making it a plug-in hybrid) would be even more sweet as the car would be able to up go ~30+ Km on battery charge alone and there would be no need to burn fuel to charge the battery? This would help for short but frequent city runs.
TT-S is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 15:37   #207
Senior - BHPian

Saw the latest ACI video and I guess the boot space below 400ltr will be a deal breaker. The car will not justify its use case if one can't carry enough luggage on those long drives. Will wait and watch for tomorrow unveil
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 16:07   #208
BHPian

I don't see any advantage of this car except high fuel efficiency. Lack of boot space, high price and negligible performance gains are the ones I see.

Also, because of the complexity of the electronics and drive train, I highly doubt whether this is possible to service outside the service center.
amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 16:13   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
I am just waiting to get the black front grill as a spare from Honda to replace in my City
The Indian version will be based on ZX variant and will be having the same Chrome grill as of now.
We won't be getting the RS trim just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
India-spec Honda City Hybrid Specifications Revealed Ahead Of Launch

The City hybrid will be offered in two trims: V and ZX. The top-spec ZX will also get ‘Sensing’ or Honda-speak for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
As of now, only one variant will be launched and that will be the fully loaded variant based on the ZX trim with all the bells and whistles.
The price too is expected to be near 20 lakhs ex showroom.
As per the current moves from Honda, the V variant might be for a later stage or Honda might have even dropped the idea altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Is there any relaxation in road tax for strong hybrids?
It varies with states, but most states does have Tax subsidies for Full hybrids.
In Kerala an amendment was done on December 2021 on Road Tax rules, ascertaining the fact that Full hybrids does come under tax relaxation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenp07 View Post

These images were shared by a Honda Dealer from Pala, right?
These are the images from Honda training sessions, I believe.
It is stated in the picture that the launch Variant will be ZX based and not a V variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Also, the last image says 'Smart watch+ Honda connect' also in 5G city. Are they adding these feature in the regular city ZX?
Yes, all of the regular variants of City will be getting The Smart watch integration function for Connect.
It will be updated very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post

If the battery is more than 7KWh, addition of a charger port (making it a plug-in hybrid) would be even more sweet as the car would be able to up go ~30+ Km on battery charge alone and there would be no need to burn fuel to charge the battery? This would help for short but frequent city runs.
But then the battery also has to be bigger, right?
It will be heavier and also eats more into the already reduced boot space .

The current battery pack can only store energy for a couple of kms of pure EV drive. With regenerative braking, the car might be able to cover a bit more during city runs.
After that the engine starts charging the battery
Flying Shadow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 18:04   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Shadow View Post
The Indian version will be based on ZX variant and will be having the same Chrome grill as of now.
We won't be getting the RS trim just yet.
Honda City Hybrid | Unveiled on 14th April 2022-24fa588687f74c7abddf622b4751f8dc.jpeg

It says that it will have the mesh grill from the RS. That will be enough for me will get the chrome wrapped black then
AutoConsultant is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks