Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 18:26   #166

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

I came across below link which says that AP and Telangana might have to wait longer to start BH registration as both these states are not integrated to Vaahan portal.

https://www.eenadu.net/eenadu-exclus...0700/121190629
samuelkoyya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 21:02   #167
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Video from Mycarhelpline regarding BH. He has shown his calculations too.

AnnaRocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:34   #168
BHPian

New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-mva-tax.jpg

Can someone explain the "1.25" factor? The MV Tax as per invoice would be the 8/10/12% calculated, then divided by 15 and calculated for 2 years. What's the 25% premium for? Am I missing something here? This would make owning a BH registered car significantly expensive in the long run. In my state, the tax isn't valid for 15 years but lifetime. Only the registeration needs to be renewed, I believe. So if one intends to keep cars for longer, this will be bear a premium. Sort of like hafta vasooli for not being bothered across state borders.
Old 27th September 2021, 17:18   #169
BHPian

I enquired with the dealers in Bangalore as I am planning to upgrade my car. Same reply, no one has any update either from OEM or from RTO. I have decided to hold my purchase until there is a clarity on this and also asked the sales persons to contact me if they have any update.

I also came across this news which says Kerala govt. has put this on hold.
https://www.onmanorama.com/news/busi...ed-kerala.html

Other states might also delay this as much as possible to avoid the revenue loss..
skpprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 17:24   #170
BHPian

I'm not sure how it would be implemented, but as per the gazette notification, the tax should be calculated on the invoice price excluding GST, so a 12 lakh car with 28% GST would be only 9.375 lakhs without GST, and the tax calculation should be on this amount. Now the question that I have is, is the pre GST price or price inclusive of GST is used to determine the slab.

New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-screenshot-20210927-5.20.08-pm.png

Secondly the 25% markup can be attributed to the premium for paying tax in instalments, I think, however if the pre GST price is used, the markup is negligible.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 21:50   #171
BHPian

I am currently in Delhi but looking to move to Bangalore in a few months- looking to upgrade my current car.

From what i read, it seems Odisha and Delhi seem to be on their way to adopt this? (And possibly KA as well).
So assuming i have address proofs for both the states, does this mean i can just look at the current status in Odisha/Delhi, and if they have started issuing it, just go for the BH plate right now instead of waiting to move to Bangalore and then buying the vehicle?

The way i see it, people will make a beeline to buy vehicles from whichever state implements this the fastest and easiest, right? (Assuming local address proofs can be managed)
sauravm_89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 05:56   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpprabhu View Post

Other states might also delay this as much as possible to avoid the revenue loss..
For a second, I feared it is about the state not getting any revenue at all. But that would render the biennial way of payment moot. The whole idea is to compensate the state you're residing in, based on your duration of stay. However, this seems to be the case of lower taxes!

Quote:
How state loses

Currently, the tax in Kerala ranges from nine to 21 per cent of the consolidated price of the vehicle, GST and compensatory cess. The BH scheme would slash the tax to eight to 12 per cent of the vehicle price. Migrating to the Bharat Series scheme would benefit the customer.
21 percent???!! On top of all the GST, the fuel cess, even road taxes in some states are obscene! Has the massive road tax collection resulted in world class roads though?
Old 28th September 2021, 06:04   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhvikas101 View Post
I had a word just yesterday and the RTO guys are saying we have not received any training yet . (This is coming from Mumbai RTO MH03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasb13 View Post
Hello Vikas,

I have also been trying to get my vehicle registered under BH series but my dealer is telling that there is no update yet.
This lack of readiness is quite disappointing.
@vikasb13: which RTO were you trying this with?

A friend of mine is trying to close a deal before 30th Sept. He is quite keen on BH and MH01 is his local RTO. But the dealer has told him that they are not in a position to implement BH yet at the RTO. We’ve asked him to try again through some agents if he can. I will update this thread if we somehow can manage this successfully although reading the posts above I am feeling less hopeful now.
Old 28th September 2021, 06:06   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Has the massive road tax collection resulted in world class roads though?
Well, It is quite ironic that most people were complaining that the state has the worst highways in the "best highways thread".
M A D over CARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 06:17   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
Well, It is quite ironic that most people were complaining that the state has the worst highways in the "best highways thread".
Beg your pardon? Were people complaining about TN's state of highways? I only read good things being said about TN's roads.

The article I'm quoting is about Kerala and not TN, which has about 1% votes for it having the best highways. The road taxes in my state are pretty low. Unfortunately there aren't enough forum members who've frequently visited it or belong to it. The highways here are really good.

Regardless, my question was genuine. I don't personally know the state of roads in Kerala.

I honestly think the governments should be accountable in this regard. Barring emergencies like covid, the taxes collected for a specific purpose should be spent on that and the financial statements for said activities should be published.
Old 28th September 2021, 07:38   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Beg your pardon? Were people complaining about TN's state of highways? I only read good things being said about TN's roads.
Being based out of both Tamil Nadu and Kerala, I can safely say that the Tamil Nadu highways are sublime. Kerala roads are well "dreadful" and I am not the only one that has observed this,

Quote:
IMO, there are no highways in Kerala. We just have two-lane roads with the name "National highway" or "State highway". These roads are nothing but very crowded urban roads. Yes, there are very few nice 4-lane stretches in the state. But again, they do not span a significant portion of the state's length, hence I wouldn't call them highways either.

Quote:
Kerala - Easily the cursed state in terms of road development. Bypasses take a lifetime to complete, I remember Alapuzha and Kottayam bypass took 40 and 50 years respectively. The state has no urban-rural divide and the traffic is going to be ever increasing. At some point, the roads are just not going to handle the traffic.
Quote:
KL highways are with signals, too narrow and full of road rage. Always hated to drive in the state of KL.
Quote:
Being from Kerala, even I'm surprised the state has got 3 votes, perhaps they voted by mistake?
Quote:
The worst highways I have seen are in Kerala. Kerala simply doesn't have those kind of wide expressways that make long-distance commuting stress-free.
Quote:
Was wondering on the votes for Kerala. While from a travel time and convenience perspective, Kerala has cursed roads. Even the small stretch that is a proper 4 lane highway is filled with traffic signals and low average speeds. Even today I drove a 50 km stretch between 2 towns. Nothing has changed for the last 25 years- Exactly the same road. And it is a National Highway. Road expansion projects are perennially stuck due to the population density and issues around it.

Quote:
Were people complaining about TN's state of highways?
Yes Tamil Nadu roads are good, But you were talking about kerala taxes in your post, This is why i commented on the Kerala roads.

Quote:
Regardless, my question was genuine.
My post was just an answer to your question on whether Kerala has world class roads.

Last edited by M A D over CARS : 28th September 2021 at 07:42.
M A D over CARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:22   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Regardless, my question was genuine. I don't personally know the state of roads in Kerala.
If you make a passenger sit blindfolded in a car in Trivandrum and drive to TN,he will say exactly when the car crosses the border.
Same will be the case of a passenger from Kasargod to Karnataka.

The Palakkad to Coimbatore belt somehow is better than the above two.

I have driven in 6 states in India and traveled across a few more. Kerala has the worst highways among those and an inversely proportional tax amount. It does not help that the vehicle density is one of the highest in the country. A huge chunk of the highways are single lanes with insane and unsafe for roads driving by the State owned vehicles, be it transport or the govt officials.

A quote by former US president JFK - "American roads are not good because America is rich. America is rich because American roads are good."

I wish some politicians and officials realize this and act. Imagine the time saved, the money made and most important - Lives saved.

Quote:

I honestly think the governments should be accountable in this regard. Barring emergencies like covid, the taxes collected for a specific purpose should be spent on that and the financial statements for said activities should be published.
Had they been accountable my friend, we would probably not be having this thread. But a good thought though. I think I saw a video where the Delhi Kejriwal govt during a budget session was reading out how much of the funds allocated in the previous budget were used.

Forget the funds, the officials here don't even respect their job or the public's time. To check the status of BH, I twice called up on the official Helpdesk number given on the MVD website of Kerala and the guy who picked up shamelessly said it is a wrong number.
I went for a friend's bike registration a few years ago to Tripunithura RTO who said they do not check it in the office premises due to space issues and the officials will visit and check at a place a few kms away next day in the morning. We went to the said place and waited there along with other folks like us from 9:30 in the morning and these folks came casually at around 12 in the noon and still some of the people waiting there had to put up with their cliche sarkaari official attitude.
I feel online registration is a blessing.
AnnaRocks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 07:22   #178
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please avoid off-topic posts. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 12:17   #179
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a post in a Facebook group about customers receiving BH series registration in Orissa (Bhubaneshwar). So the process has started but looks like other states are taking more time to implement it. Meanwhile, no dealer in Jaipur has any info about by when the process will start.

Name:  FB_IMG_1632897827387__01.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  90.6 KB
dZired is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 14:09   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Just saw a post in a Facebook group about customers receiving BH series registration in Orissa (Bhubaneshwar). So the process has started but looks like other states are taking more time to implement it.
Thanks for sharing this here. Good to know Orissa has made the move and implemented it successfully while other state RTOs are acting like they haven't got any intimation yet.

Brings me to the question, is it possible to go to Orissa and buy the vehicle there provided you meet the conditions for the BH rule? Let's say you are in Orissa and your office is located in more than 4 states in India but not in Orissa nor you have a permanent abode there. Would it be possible to still buy a vehicle through the BH registration route?

P.S I'm just asking for the legality sake and not to pursue any vehicle purchase through Orissa.

It would be interesting to see how the sale of a vehicle under BH registration works as well. Can the new owner continue the same BH registration number even if he/she doesn't meet the initial requirements? This would resort to people buying new vehicles and re-selling it. To be honest, I'd prefer to have a BH series registration than a particular state registration as this could avoid the local people's harassment to some extent when I go out of state.
logicalidiot is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks