Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2023, 10:36   #916
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

I will like to confirm that BH registration is available from West Bengal for Private Company service holders provided they have Form 60 with minimum 4 states of presence in India. His home state is West Bengal and work state is Telangana. He got his car from West Bengal and got BH registration done from there. Telangana was not cooperative and still I am not sure BH registration is possible.
sudipta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 15:23   #917

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Hello BHPians,
Does anyone know the process of getting the BH series number for new car from other states who have started allotting BH Series number?
I'm planning to buy a new car and I live in Jamshedpur right now but my WFH can be called off in near future. Jharkhand state has not started BH Series number yet, I was thinking to get a temporary number and get the BH series number from other state like Orissa which is nearest to me.
Anyone have done it before? Is it possible?
Old 18th May 2023, 15:21   #918
BHPian

I have booked a new car. I am eligible for BH series as I meet the criteria. The sales person told me that while selling the car, I have to search for a buyer who meets BH eligibility criteria. Is it true? Will there be any hardship when I sell the car? Are used car dealers reluctant to buy BH series cars?

Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 00:11   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I have booked a new car. I am eligible for BH series as I meet the criteria. The sales person told me that while selling the car, I have to search for a buyer who meets BH eligibility criteria. Is it true? Will there be any hardship when I sell the car? Are used car dealers reluctant to buy BH series cars?

Thanks
Yes, as per the govt guidelines, during resale the buyer has to be eligible for BH registration. In fact, there is also a guideline (you can scroll up in this forum) which says that the owner of BH car has to prove eligibility every time tax has to be paid (that means every 2 years). If these conditions are not met then car has to be converted to state registration (regular number) and taxes have to paid accordingly.
Due to such absurd rules, resale may prove to be a headache in future.

So in nutshell, if you are someone who doesn't want to keep car for long term and also not sure of meeting BH criteria every two years (due to change of job) then please evaluate all pros and cons before opting for BH registration.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th May 2023 at 00:16.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 09:09   #920
BHPian

Hi all,

Anyone have information regarding BH registration in haryana.

Is it not allowed in haryana? I am not getting proper information regarding it.

Any help and guidance will be much appreciated.
Old 25th May 2023, 09:30   #921
BHPian

With the 2 year mark for BH Registration coming up this September and the multiple amendments and addendums to the notification, I am curious to see the hoops we need to jump for the renewal at the 2Y mark.

We drive a City with BH plates, registered in Jun 22, and I am particularly concerned about the part where you need to prove eligibilty. The process and documentation for proving elgibility is unclear and opens up space for RTOs playing folly. We had to run from pillar to post to get the right documentation from the employer, during registration and if we need to do this every 2 years it is going to be painful.

I am left pondering on how this will pan out and the headache that comes with BH,especially the renewal part
revverend is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 22:12   #922

Hey guys,

I'll be moving to Bangalore soon for a new job. Due to the high road tax there and seeing that I'll be needing a bike for my daily commute, I have decided to buy a bike from Delhi and then get it transported to Bangalore.

But here's the catch - the bike will be BH-registered in my father's name from Delhi as he is a government employee, and then I'll take this bike (now fitted with BH plates) with me and drive it in Bangalore for at least 2 years.

Is this going to be a problem? I'm not sure about the Bangalore traffic police attitude either. I mean I can legally ride a bike registered in my father's name, and since it is BH-registered, I should be able to ride it in any state without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
Hi all,

Anyone have information regarding BH registration in haryana.

Is it not allowed in haryana? I am not getting proper information regarding it.
The best way is to contact either the RTO office in your area, or contact a few reputable dealers asking whether BH registrations have commenced or not. You can also search for any media reports or state government notices regarding this. Unless the state government issues a notification saying that BH registrations have been started, it cannot start. So, keeping an eye out for those will help.

Also, I have noticed that dealerships (and RTO offices alike) can take some time (up to 1 month) from the release of this notification to actually start accepting (and implementing) BH applications.

Moreover, for everyone's information, I'd like to share that BH registrations for government as well as (eligible) private employees are now open in Uttarakhand. Though I'd suggest checking with your dealers once, since the official notification was just released sometime in Feb-Mar 23.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th June 2023 at 09:13. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 4th June 2023, 07:22   #923
Senior - BHPian

My BIL has booked a Kia Carens and intend to have the bH registration as he is a central govt employee. However the dealer is insisting on the Form 60 from HR although central govt employees can get the BH registration only by submitting their id card, they don't have to provide the Form 60 which is only for private employees. We showed the dealer the GR for BH registrations and it clearly mentions the rules for the Central govt employees. But the dealer is adamant saying Pune RTO is demanding the same. Any central govt employee on the forum availed the BH registrations, pls share your experience
Old 4th June 2023, 10:26   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My BIL has booked a Kia Carens and intend to have the bH registration as he is a central govt employee. However the dealer is insisting on the Form 60 from HR although central govt employees can get the BH registration only by submitting their id card, they don't have to provide the Form 60 which is only for private employees. We showed the dealer the GR for BH registrations and it clearly mentions the rules for the Central govt employees. But the dealer is adamant saying Pune RTO is demanding the same. Any central govt employee on the forum availed the BH registrations, pls share your experience
Form 60 not required. Period.

My ward got one last year without that, in Mumbai.

Ask your BIL to check with other dealers. Generally, employees in dealerships are not well informed.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 19:49   #925

Dear friends,

My company has 4 offices, 2 with GST and 2 without GST number. TO give additional comfort, we have additionally provided Rent agreement, electricity bills etc etc.

What does Form 60 really need to have?

The RTO agent is causing unnecessary pain and hence of checking on this group.

Kaushik
Old 7th June 2023, 20:04   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos.sec View Post
Dear friends,

My company has 4 offices, 2 with GST and 2 without GST number. TO give additional comfort, we have additionally provided Rent agreement, electricity bills etc etc.

What does Form 60 really need to have?

The RTO agent is causing unnecessary pain and hence of checking on this group.

Kaushik
GST number is not required as per the official MoRTH notification.
Old 13th June 2023, 16:12   #927

I am currently living in Bangalore and want to buy a Scorpio N with BH series registration but the RTOs are not giving BH series in Karnataka to private employees despite the Karnataka HC order. What should i do? Buy and bring from home state Bihar?
Old 13th June 2023, 17:41   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukarsingh View Post
I am currently living in Bangalore and want to buy a Scorpio N with BH series registration but the RTOs are not giving BH series in Karnataka to private employees despite the Karnataka HC order. What should i do? Buy and bring from home state Bihar?
Karnataka is not allowing BH registration but I have seen people in Bangalore opting for BH registration from home state. You can try that if that works for you (if eligible and allowed in home state).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th June 2023 at 17:56.
Old 22nd June 2023, 00:40   #929
BHPian

Hello All,

Has anybody tried selling their BH registered car yet? What are the processes involved? Despite the GR, Pune RTO guys have no clue on the same. They are not even sure if they can transfer it to another BH eligible person or can convert it to normal registration.

If anybody else has tried doing this anywhere else, please share your experience and the process. There is too much confusion and no clarity given by anybody.
Old 26th June 2023, 11:49   #930

I am getting my car registration process underway, and the dealer is saying that the RTO does not provide BH registration to cars taken under company name. Is this true, is it only available for employees?

Most Viewed