Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 09:55   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Bi-Turbo being tested; launch soon!

Could this be the 2L bi-turbo Endeavour?

Spotted at Chakan undergoing emission testing.

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Bi-Turbo being tested; launch soon!-f7c0cde5ec5a405da8eced308b236cee.jpeg

https://instagram.com/stories/sirish...dium=copy_link

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 12th August 2021 at 10:24.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Could this be the 2L bi-turbo Endeavour?
Yes, Ford is going to introduce this from next month's production, deliveries should begin by October as per info from known.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd September 2021 at 08:12. Reason: small typo :)
Turbanator is online now   (49) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 14:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, FORD is going to introuduce this from next month production, deliveries should begin by October as per info. from known.
This is good news for Ford lovers who wanted something better than the 3.2L which is currently out of production.
With the 2.0L lacking the punch and Toyota leading the way with a better punchier engine, the 2.0L bi-turbo will be a welcome introduction. Again the 2.0L single turbo will become low on sales and will eventually be out of production. So again the 2.0 guys will have zero resale value.

Getting the bi-turbo will eventually be an indirect answer to the rumors about Ford exiting India.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 08:14   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Bi-Turbo being tested; launch soon!

Thanks for sharing, guys! Moving your post out to a new thread.

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 09:45   #5
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A well deserved engine for the endeavour. However with ford giving out mixed messages on their future in India, will this make a difference ?

Also from the picture shared above, is that a tail pipe being extended oddly ?
bharanidharang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 10:37   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
A well deserved engine for the endeavour. However with ford giving out mixed messages on their future in India, will this make a difference ?

Agree with the mixed messaging. I'd think very hard before plonking down close to 50L.

That tailpipe extension is a requirement of the bootmounted emissions testing equipment.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, FORD is going to introuduce this from next month production, deliveries should begin by October as per info. from known.
This is a great news. The 10 speed transmission is a gem to use. 6 speed TC is the biggest let down in 3.2 engine. This addition, will bring in a positive change to the current endeavor. This will be a goodness of both (A powerful engine and a good transmission ). Hopefully, they can manage the price as well.
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:27   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However with ford giving out mixed messages on their future in India, will this make a difference ?
Yes, even privately, dealers have mixed feelings currently. If you might have observed, most dealerships have not invested in showroom/ workshop renovations etc despite good sales and markup on products like Endeavour.

One thought is that Ford will focus more on vehicles that can be exported in higher numbers like EcoSport and on high margin products like Endeavour, even launch Ranger and similar vehicles in future and continue given our booming economy and seeing companies like Tesla coming in.

I hope there's going to be clarity very soon as it won't be good for anyone to linger on the subject.
Turbanator is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even after all rumor's about Ford, sales and booking for Endeavour haven't seen an impact at all. Biggest selling point of Endeavour is its road presence and has good fan base. I am sure Bi-Turbo will bring back enthusiasts, hope they tune suspension accordingly too.

With BiTurbo launch, Toyota should be the happiest. Ford will bump up price by 1-2L for BiTurbo, which will allow Toyota to hike prices of Fortuner too! Just like entry German cars have breached 50L mark, Endeavour/Fortuner likely to cost 50L soon.
PrideRed is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 14:09   #10
BHPian

I think I will wait for the V6 Diesel. I am too addicted to big displacement engines. Until this happens, I am happy with my current Endeavour, which is a 3.2L Titanium 4x4.
krishsreedharan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 17:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I think I will wait for the V6 Diesel. I am too addicted to big displacement engines. Until this happens, I am happy with my current Endeavour, which is a 3.2L Titanium 4x4.
V6 Diesel ? Ford is still thinking of launching 2.0L Bi-turbo, so do you think they will launch a V6 in India ?
You must forget about high capacity diesel engines now in India, with the future of diesels. Even the newer engines under BSVI, although with good power, are lower displacement engines and this is common to all manufacturers now.

The 3.2L 4x4 is a battle tank and you must retain it for longer time.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 1st September 2021 at 17:19.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with a Ford dealer and he has no information on this. Could you share the source of information? I will like to hold my purchase plans.
Old 1st September 2021, 19:55   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
I checked with a Ford dealer and he has no information on this..

Try another dealership who won’t have any stocks left and hopefully you should get the answer if they also feel ignorance, than perhaps book one for November slot and hope you get lucky!
Old 1st September 2021, 20:14   #14
BHPian

Honestly, a bigger engine would barely make a difference if any. I've been driving the 2.0 for almost a year now. Has never really felt underpowered.

In fact, having driven the 3 series for a good part of the last 5 years and knowing the nature of a quick car. I strongly doubt that you'd want the Endeavour to go any faster.

It wobbles like a boat at high speeds, nose dives under hard breaking and the body roll is just stress inducing. Especially when it is at higher speeds.

I believe it is more of a mental thing than anything else. The knowledge that you have a much powerful engine now makes one feel slightly better.
rahul_jo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 20:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Honestly, a bigger engine would barely make a difference if any. I've been driving the 2.0 for almost a year now. Has never really felt underpowered.

In fact, having driven the 3 series for a good part of the last 5 years and knowing the nature of a quick car. I strongly doubt that you'd want the Endeavour to go any faster.
Its not about the faster vehicle or top speed that counts. Its about the torque required for these SUVs.

Following are the torque figures of the new Ford Endeavour:-

1) 2.2L / 2198cc engine - 385 nm. (Discontinued)
2) 3.2L engine / 3198cc - 470 nm. (Discontinued)
3) 2.0L engine / 1995cc - 420 nm. (Currently available)
4) 2.0L bi-turbo engine / 1995cc - 500 nm. (To be launched. Will be a game changer)

The new Fortuner launched in 2016 end had 420 nm of torque and so was slightly underpowered as compared to the 3.2L Endeavour. Then in 2021, they launched the new Fortuner with 500 nm torque. Hence it is important now for Ford to launch the bi-turbo.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 1st September 2021 at 20:51.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks