Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 12:34   #136
BHPian

As posted by me in the thread about SX4 launch, I think the only major let down for the SX4 is the build quality. That’s in the B segment league, and if you press the rear bumpers (gently) with your knee you would know what I mean. The car handles better than you’d expect, more so since its got a high center of gravity.
I am a big fan of Honda but I can say for sure that they are taking us for a ride with the CITY. The car is well built for sure, but I fail to understand why it deserved the price tag it commands; is it just the brand that commands such premiums?
Kudos to Maruti Suzuki for coming up with a car, which boasts of, features which are found in a segment much higher then the car. But please, do something about the quality.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:31   #137
BHPian

I think a high center of gravity makes the car more unstable, especially in tight corners. I have experienced this in cars like Santro and WagonR. Whereas a low CoG should help the car handle well, eg, Honda Civic.

But in India we need to consider the road conditions and strike a balance here.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:10   #138
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Aseem, pogu and my other dear friends. They say when in doubt, flat out. And that is what godfather did when he TD memo45's SX4 yesterday at the meet. He was so intrigued that he has decided to buy one for his wife. I suggest you guys to PM for further details.

Also something very weird on the SX4 i noticed on saturday night. They rear lamp assembly is on the European design. Only one reverse light(on the left) and one light for fog lamps (rear right). Very weird specially for someone who has always been used to two reversing lights all your life. I am told the initial batch of Ikons came this way too. Though I am not quite sure.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:11   #139
BHPian

There was a great comparison on NDTV, in which SX4 was clearly favored over NHC apart from the trim and finish.
Old 21st May 2007, 16:45   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Also something very weird on the SX4 i noticed on saturday night. They rear lamp assembly is on the European design. Only one reverse light(on the left) and one light for fog lamps (rear right). Very weird specially for someone who has always been used to two reversing lights all your life. I am told the initial batch of Ikons came this way too. Though I am not quite sure.
Most cars with rear fog lamps are coming like this.
Old 21st May 2007, 18:21   #141
Team-BHP Support

NHC also has the single fog lamp and single reverse lamp.
Old 21st May 2007, 20:48   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aseem, pogu and my other dear friends. They say when in doubt, flat out. And that is what godfather did when he TD memo45's SX4 yesterday at the meet. He was so intrigued that he has decided to buy one for his wife. I suggest you guys to PM for further details.

what??? only one reverse light? sick guys. logan is of the same nonsense types. whats with these european manufs? what sort of people are customers in europe, utter crap. i always thought sx4 had two reverse lights or two fog lamps at rear. i can tolerate the fog lamps atleast, but reverse lights being only single, just not symmetric.
Old 21st May 2007, 21:04   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
but reverse lights being only single, just not symmetric.
Not just the aesthetics. It can be dangerous as well.
Old 21st May 2007, 21:34   #144
sri

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandrs View Post
Honda is known for its investment in innovation and reliability. I myself have been enjoying a NHC 1.5 Exi for the last 2 years and couldn't be more happy. But I agree with Jaggu's view. When I brought a Honda, they were offering no freebies. While other showrooms were queuing up accesories or atleast were approachable to the idea. Whereas honda people had no concept of freebies. Probably the car mats. Now however, I see things changing. That was really bad and I think, even today, Honda showrooms have a ring on top of their head. Even if SX4 make a 10% dent into the honda market, it would be very good for the consumers.
i have heard that honda does not throw any freebies......

now with sx4 i am sure this will change honda's marketing

btw hows the sales of verna/fiesta/nhc/aveo in the last couple of months(considering both diesel and petrol variants)?
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:32   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

lots of cars come like this including the accord. the initial batch of ikons did have only 1 reversing light on the left.

vid6639 - i think only the vtec has 1 reversing lamp. the idsi's have 2.
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:07   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Geek - When some one asks for advice in what car section, there are several different advices, wheras Hormazd is always biased towards Honda and Ford so he always recomends what he likes. Dont take me in the wrong sense i too post in the What Car section
He also sports a soft corner for the Logan. The day he suggested that, i decided enough of watching the show.
Old 22nd May 2007, 16:21   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Most cars with rear fog lamps are coming like this.
Don't agree with that one - the Fiesta has it on both as does the indigenous Safari
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:26   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Don't agree with that one - the Fiesta has it on both as does the indigenous Safari
So do they have two rear fog lamps and two rear reverse lamps (plus two indicators + brake lights etc....) ?
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:50   #149
BHPian

Well, both the car&bike show and wheel spin had the City vs SX4 comparos on Sunday. The verdict on both the shows was that the SX4 wins hands-down on price-to-features and the power front. The editors' soft corner for the City came across clearly on both shows, though... They were saying the city is more refined, more frugal, and has much better trim levels, but finally, there could be only winner and it had to be the SX4.

OT: What's with the guy (Ammar Alvi) on Wheel Spin? I heard him say OVRM at least thrice on the show!
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:02   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
So do they have two rear fog lamps and two rear reverse lamps (plus two indicators + brake lights etc....) ?
Yah, they do; the Safari's rear fogs are on the bumper though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks