Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 12:22   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Yes, It could be anything minor but Maruti has to ensure that everything is in place when they are handing over the car to media for test drive ( rather to anyone ). I disagree here.
Boss, as I said it could have happened enroute then there is nothing anyone can do. Or maybe NDTV guys were in a rush to take the car. It could be anything. And I am sure the TV show presenters would have know about the problem. Yes, maruti does have to ensure everything is working but if it has happened without their notice? Also do the cars go directly from the company or a dealer? Anyways, I dont intend to discuss this topic anymore and turn it debatable.

Mistakes do happen, and I think an issue like fog lamps not working shouldn't be this blown out of proportion with comments like these. Be it any manufacture.
Quote:
Or they are taking things for granted and assuming SX4 will take over all sales.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 19th May 2007 at 12:26.
Old 19th May 2007, 12:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Boss, as I said it could have happened enroute then there is nothing anyone can do. Or maybe NDTV guys were in a rush to take the car. It could be anything. And I am sure the TV show presenters would have know about the problem. Yes, maruti does have to ensure everything is working but if it has happened without their notice? Also do the cars go directly from the company or a dealer? Anyways, I dont intend to discuss this topic anymore and turn it debatable.
Whatever Sir ! it may not be acceptable to all.

Quote:
Mistakes do happen, and I think an issue like fog lamps not working shouldn't be this blown out of proportion with comments like these. Be it any manufacture.
Mistakes .. Well Maruti is running a business ( I hope ).
I disagree, its my viewpoint. Some may agree other may disagree.

... truce
Old 19th May 2007, 12:47   #63
BHPian

Comparisons aside, one thing that seems to be coming out more and more evident is Sx4 - ( Airbag/ABS/Steering Control/Climate Control etc ) is definitely an inferior car then the NHC. Nobody seems to be saying it openly because of it being a Maruti and the features in minus being the first in that class. I think in next 4-->6 months it shall be clear who is the winner. Further FE and re-sale value shall also play a major role.

-POGU
Old 19th May 2007, 12:51   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
more evident is Sx4 - ( Airbag/ABS/Steering Control/Climate Control etc ) is definitely an inferior car then the NHC.
Really? And how did you come to that conclusion? Better interiors on the NHC and the rear seat can occupy 5 easily? No wonder Indian Auto manufacturers are taking us for a ride without safety features .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 19th May 2007 at 12:56.
Old 19th May 2007, 13:00   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Really? And how did you come to that conclusion? Better interiors on the NHC and the rear seat can occupy 5 easily? No wonder Indian Auto manufacturers are taking us for a ride without safety features .
. ABS and Airbag should be in each and every car and IMHO there should be a law that no vehicle can be manufactured without these features. But just because a vehicle has these safety features doesnt mean that it is a better one. I am just reacting to the feedback that is coming on TBHP from the test drives as well as the auto shows on Television. I may be wrong here but I believe end of the day we shall have the truth out in another 4-->6 months. I havent test driven the SX4 as yet but I checked the exterior and interiors and tend to agree with whatever reviews have come out.
Old 19th May 2007, 13:01   #66
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Comparisons aside, one thing that seems to be coming out more and more evident is Sx4 - ( Airbag/ABS/Steering Control/Climate Control etc ) is definitely an inferior car then the NHC. Nobody seems to be saying it openly because of it being a Maruti and the features in minus being the first in that class. I think in next 4-->6 months it shall be clear who is the winner. Further FE and re-sale value shall also play a major role.

-POGU
LOL...havent read a better joke in recent times.
1. You are saying that SX4 is an inferior car than NHC
2. Are you serrious when you say that SX4 will have a lesser resale than nhc?

wait for 3 months and compare NHC sales pre-sx4 and post-sx4.
Old 19th May 2007, 13:05   #67
BHPian

[quote=LLL;442278
2. Are you serrious when you say that SX4 will have a lesser resale than nhc?

wait for 3 months and compare NHC sales pre-sx4 and post-sx4.[/quote]

I never said whose resale shall be more or less and I also said 4-->6 months to get the right picture. I hope there is no disconnect here.
Old 19th May 2007, 13:17   #68
BANNED

Quote:
But just because a vehicle has these safety features doesnt mean that it is a better one.
As long as there is no such law in India that airbags & ABS are compulsory no manufacture will take it up seriously. Then what makes a car better? Seriously.

Quote:
I am just reacting to the feedback that is coming on TBHP from the test drives as well as the auto shows on Television.
Lets not take cue from our auto shows. Most presenters cant differentiate between their elbows and knees let alone them being able to explain what VTEC, VVT or CRdi is?

Also most reports on TBHP are just that. Test Drive's on brand new cars wherein the running-in is not done. Hence claims of underpowered car etc. I have personally been driving the SX4 on and off for over a week now. And I can definitely say that there are quite a few misconceptions. Infact I shall have atleast 10 bhpians take a TD of memo's SX4 at the meet tomorrow and have them rubbish a few claims.

Quote:
I havent test driven the SX4 as yet but I checked the exterior and interiors and tend to agree with whatever reviews have come out.
This my dear friend is the worst kind of advise you can give to others while not having gone for the TD yourself. I kindly request you to have a go for a TD ASAP. A car is just not about interiors and exterior(though in this case the SX4 is quite well built, maybe better than the NHC too) its about the engine, suspension, safety features. Its about a complete package and I am sorry to say that the NHC is miles behind in this department.

Its really saddening to say that, instead of complimenting MUL for taking a step ahead and providing the features it has at that price whereas no other manufacture has dared to do so all we can do is sit on our lazy posteriors and keep pointing fingers and praise Honda for its rather mediocre package? We certainly are biased.
Old 19th May 2007, 13:24   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Infact I shall have atleast 10 bhpians take a TD of memo's SX4 at the meet tomorrow and have them rubbish a few claims.
Mclaren, I am looking forward the result of the above. In the meantime let me also take a TD to be on the same page with you
But let me very clear, I am not biased here at all. I think the truth shall be out neverthless in the coming days.

-POGU
BTW your signature "Honda's are REALLY not reliable !!" aligns with your post

Last edited by pogusingh : 19th May 2007 at 13:27.
Old 19th May 2007, 13:40   #70
BANNED

Quote:
BTW your signature "Honda's are REALLY not reliable !!" aligns with your post
My sig has nothing to do with my love/hatred for honda. Infact my next family car is either going to be a OHC Vtec or a elantra crdi. Maybe that ought to tell you something. When I am relating to honda reliability its wrt to a Honda bike I have been riding for over 3 weeks now. Though thats a story for another forum.
Old 19th May 2007, 14:35   #71
BHPian

just saw the comp.. done between the city and the sx4 done on C&B Show on NDTV PRO was disappointed with the quality finish of sx4 first the fog lamps were not working as mentioned earlier,even the interior light console was moving from left to right when it was put on and off,i think maruti to meet the demand is overlooking the finish factor
Old 19th May 2007, 14:36   #72
BHPian

just add new honda city is due for release. Honda will be a nice package with safety features. Expect pricing to be little competitive.
Old 19th May 2007, 14:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also most reports on TBHP are just that. Test Drive's on brand new cars wherein the running-in is not done. Hence claims of underpowered car etc.
Buddy, all Test drive cars are brand new, so why to isolate only SX4?
Else you can suggest Dept of Transport to enact a law to ensure all Test drive cars should have covered a minimun Running-in period of 5000kms!

Quote:
Its really saddening to say that, instead of complimenting MUL for taking a step ahead and providing the features it has at that price whereas no other manufacture has dared to do so all we can do is sit on our lazy posteriors and keep pointing fingers and praise Honda for its rather mediocre package? We certainly are biased.
Right, MUL should be appreciated for starting this trend of bringing in Safety features but I would have been very happy if these were available as standard in all the Variants! But no, it is present only the highest variant Zxi. We don't know how many will pay that extra moolah for these Safety features? Going by the trend of Swift Vxi & Zxi, I don't see many takers of SX4 Zxi either!

Last edited by finneyp : 19th May 2007 at 15:01.
Old 19th May 2007, 14:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just add new honda city is due for release. Honda will be a nice package with safety features. Expect pricing to be little competitive.
New NHC? Is that your feeling or a news report?
Old 19th May 2007, 15:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
When is this expected? You mean Honda won't do much to reduce the price difference?

I'm sure SX4 will continue to do well, but NHC will get back some of the share once the enhancements are in place.

But I hear that NHC is already feeling the pinch because of the Fiesta diesel. With people increasingly fancying a refined diesel in this segment, my feeling is that it will soon become a petrol vs diesel battle rather than a Honda vs MUL one. The image SX4 petrol builds now will greatly help once the SX4 JTD is out.

How I wish someone comes up with competition for the CVT!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed