Team-BHP - Now DICOR in entry level Indigo LS - 5.25 lacs (ex-showroom Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Now DICOR in entry level Indigo LS - 5.25 lacs (ex-showroom Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24156-now-dicor-entry-level-indigo-ls-5-25-lacs-ex-showroom-delhi.html)

Tata Motors establishes another benchmark with Tata Indigo – launches Country’s
Entry level Common Rail Diesel Sedan

Tata Motors today announced the launch of its entry level common rail diesel (DICOR) offering in the sedan range with the Indigo LS version at Rs.5.25 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).

The 70PS sedan delivering a maximum torque of 140Nm @ 1800 – 3000 rpm comes equipped with Heating & Air-conditioning as well as Power Steering. This model also features beige coloured interiors along with body coloured bumpers, and is being offered in six attractive colours.

The 1.4 litre common rail diesel engine was first offered on the company’s premium saloon – the long wheel base Indigo XL (at Rs.6.15 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi for the Classic trim level). It then appeared as a top-end offering on the normal Indigo (the LX version) at an ex-showroom price of Rs.5.85 lakhs. Now with the Indigo LS DICOR at Rs.5.25 lakhs, it becomes the country’s most attractively priced common rail diesel offering amongst sedans.

The Tata Indigo range has been a best seller in the entry mid-size segment since its launch in December 2002 and has sold over 150,000 cars till date.

Looks like Tata has zeroed in on Logan. No way will they let Mahindra take the lead easily. I guess soon you will have a Indica DICOR priced 50K less than the swift!

Tata is smarter than M&M

They must have been waiting to see initial response to Logan and then fix price...good move. :thumbs up
Thumbs up

Damn! Tata is really going for the jugular in all segments that they are present. Good show Mr. T.

What about Quality??

Just saw (an hour back) a brand new Dicor XL with the front left Indicator(on the side panel & not headlight one) popped out & this was a brand new car with all the pastic covers & without number plate on its way to BU bhandari showroom

@ Techno - Read my review on the XL, the brand new car had one of the side indicators missing. (Pic enclosed there)

Nice review with good pics but wow again the left one, is this a standard feature :lol:

going OT: Your id is BUSA your siggy says about GSXR1000 & your profile pics has R1. Make up your mnd dude :p

kudos to Tata for the move, hopefully other manufacturers also start some downward revisions so that the end customers are benefited. Hope the move doesnt compromise quality.

If only Tata can improve their quality, they could give Maruti a run for their money. To me it looks like bye bye Logan. This one should kill any more sales the Logan could have thought of having.

Quote:

Nice review with good pics but wow again the left one, is this a standard feature
Thanks, yes its a standard feature :p

Quote:

Your id is BUSA your siggy says about GSXR1000 & your profile pics has R1. Make up your mnd dude
OT Its difficult to make up your mind when its about superbikes and the GSX1000 is the youger sibling of the BUSA and the R1, who doesnot like it. BTW i choose the CBR1000RR in another thread, lol

Oh so its like with Dicor engine you get a free hole at side for more air, is it for cold air intake :D

OT: Hehe you are in same boat as mine, cant decide which SBK I really like the most :p

How much is it for OTR Delhi with dealer discount?

Oh god !!! Looks like they have upped the ante against mahindra. Could be a great seller. Kudos to Tata

this was waiting to happen. good move tata. the logan has to now do lots of catching up.