Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2021, 11:00   #31
anb
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_thikr View Post
So, my dear BHPians, please advise. Should I keep the car? Should I get the Extended warranty? or Will it all clear up and I'll be able to enjoy the car as I do with the Civic, even though the company is not there anymore?
Ecosport BS4 is a very reliable car. Spare parts will be easily available for at least 10 years as it’s a very popular model. With Ford left, I won’t recommend taking the extend the warranty. As it’s a very reliable car, Ecosport will run without much issues for many years. Keep this car for 8-10 years. Selling the car now will result in financial loss.
anb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 11:00   #32
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post

3) Now comes the million dollar question.
Are you buying the vehicle for the next owner or for yourself and your family ?
If you want driving pleasure and robust vehicles which Ford has, then things like resale value should not matter much.

4) The Indian Automobile industry is in a slowdown and with EVs coming soon, many owners are not buying diesel cars and holding on to their older cars instead of upgrading. So resale value is anyway going to be peanuts after say 10 years of ownership, and this is regardless Ford exiting India or staying in India.

All in all, whoever has a Ford vehicle and if its not very old, please retain the car and enjoy the drive. You will face issues for spares but will definitely get them.
Absolutely, point 3, most of the owners are aware of and I've seen Ford owners usually keep their cars for a minimum of 8 years unlike the competitor brands.

Point 4 will sooner or later affect all of us and almost all ICE cars will go for a pittance, which is again correct.

Spares and service wouldn't be an issue as I see even Chevy runs it's service centers which co exist with Renault in Bangalore at least. Just had a word with cauvery Ford folks and they told service centers will run for 10 years minimum.

Spares wouldn't be an issue as the TDCi is a well known engine and if needed, parts can be sourced globally too.

Cars like EcoSport and Endeavor 3.2 might become like the RX100 and RD350 of cars now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post

My two anecdotes:

1) You have to own a Ford to understand a Ford.

2) Safety supercedes kmpl. and resale value.
Bang on with these 2 points! By the way, kmpl is also decent with the diesel Ford's

Last edited by jithin23 : 12th September 2021 at 11:01.
jithin23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 11:02   #33
BHPian

Anybody having an idea as to how much of discounts one could expect on a EcoSport Petrol DCT? Tempted to pick one if I can get the Titanium variant around 8 lacs .
Old 12th September 2021, 11:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_muncher View Post
There are multiple threads going on about FORD. Let me choose this one share what I have to:

As I am writing this, I am @Harpreet Ford service center Gurgaon. Getting the 40k kms servicing done for my Aspire (D) . Initial thoughts -
1. Supervisor Surender Sharma (he maintains personal reputation with most) gave a warm welcome
2. I was immediately attended and job card was done in no time
3. I asked Surender Ji about 'what do you think about all this'. He calmly replied- Sir, company earns on servicing, you don't need to worry
4. With Air filter, AC filter, oil filter,oil change, wiper blades change my estimated bill is 7000. I am impressed
5. It's a pity that Ford has not been able to break the perception of being 'expensive to maintain'. A well run campaign over a period of few years would have seen more Aspires in Taxi segment than any other car. But guess it's too late to discuss this
6. As my car gets ready, am making myself comfortable at lounge

Will try to keep forum updated.

Last but not least, while my car drives like a charm (and I mean it) and I want to continue munching more and more miles, somewhere am uncomfortable/anxious about this development
Just a quick update: there are 4 car owners in lounge including myself. One of them is getting a part replaced 'under warranty'
As per Service center, nothing changes as far as warranties or regular service ops are concerned. This incident should be a relief to all
Mile_muncher is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 11:09   #35
BANNED

As the owner of 2015 Ford Aspire 1.5 DCT and out of warranty, I have similar anxieties. But from a rational view point I’m good for another 4 years. In fact I’m in search of that elusive Ford Global Fiesta Automatic for years, it was last made in 2012!!! I usually keep cars for a decade, but may sell Aspire if a 5* GNCAP rated proper automatic (non AMT) launches. After living with a DCT, it’s difficult to accept most other types of automatics.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 11:21   #36
BHPian

It’s a sad day indeed that Ford will not bring in anymore of their products for the common people. Having 2 Ford Fiestas in my stable, the first question was ‘now what’. The answer after thinking for couple of minutes was ‘nothing really’. It does not change anything in reality. Spares will be available, yes, you may need to search for them sometimes, but they will be available. So I am good for the next half a decade or maybe more. Unless there is a major accident or there is a catastrophic engine failure I am good for the next 5 to 6 years. In fact this decision of Ford saves me lakhs as currently there is nothing that inspires the ‘want’ in me to buy a new car.
PratikPatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 12:14   #37
BHPian

I am a proud owner of 2019 Ecosport Titanium + , 1.5 Petrol .
With 2 factories in India, I was confident that Ford would at least continue to manufacture for exports.
Still I am happy with my decision and love driving the car.
As it is my rationale was to switch to electric after 10 years, and hence had never looked at the resale value aspect .
With so many Ecoports on the road, I am sure enterprising businesses will find a way of supporting such a huge market.
One question remains:
I had 5 years extended warranty , with almost 3 years still remaining. Does it have any value going forward ?
narmad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 15:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
As the owner of 2015 Ford Aspire 1.5 DCT and out of warranty, I have similar anxieties. But from a rational view point I’m good for another 4 years. In fact I’m in search of that elusive Ford Global Fiesta Automatic for years, it was last made in 2012!!! I usually keep cars for a decade, but may sell Aspire if a 5* GNCAP rated proper automatic (non AMT) launches. After living with a DCT, it’s difficult to accept most other types of automatics.
Same boat! had my last general service on February this year. A tad worried about the non-regular parts that would need replacing in a couple of years.

By the way, mine is the same elusive car you have been looking for
Old 12th September 2021, 18:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_muncher View Post
Just a quick update: there are 4 car owners in lounge including myself. One of them is getting a part replaced 'under warranty'
As per Service center, nothing changes as far as warranties or regular service ops are concerned. This incident should be a relief to all
Final update:

Final bill was 7202

Including
1. Service
2. Wiper blade changes
3. Air filer
4. Oil filter
5. AC filter
6. Break pads

Isn't it awesome? All in all experience was smooth. It appeared like a usual day at service center. Guys at workshop reiterated that everything wrt to service and warranty will remain intact
Mile_muncher is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 20:27   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Ecosport BS4 is a very reliable car. Spare parts will be easily available for at least 10 years as it’s a very popular model. With Ford left, I won’t recommend taking the extend the warranty. As it’s a very reliable car, Ecosport will run without much issues for many years. Keep this car for 8-10 years. Selling the car now will result in financial loss.
I have a 2021 Diesel Ecosport & having issues right from the time I purchased. While I have been a avid Ford customer & driven my Fiesta Diesel for 1 Lac kms, I am bit concerned with the quality. This may be an exceptional case of my specific car being defective.
Old 12th September 2021, 21:11   #41
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller17 View Post
I have a 2021 Diesel Ecosport & having issues right from the time I purchased. While I have been a avid Ford customer & driven my Fiesta Diesel for 1 Lac kms, I am bit concerned with the quality. This may be an exceptional case of my specific car being defective.
Yours is BS6 & I mentioned BS4. Hopefully Ford find a way to rectify the power loss issues etc. of BS6 model.
Old 12th September 2021, 23:01   #42
BHPian

Though having BS4 EcoSport is still better than BS6 (sorry environment), but I will take Ford India sayings with a pinch of salt. My car has Flexi Plan (basically AMC in Ford terms) and EW valid till 2024. Even if Ford India adheres to honour both the plans, but it is at the discretion of the service centres. With time, I am prepared to see Ford authorised service centres to reduce and turn into a multi-brand service centres, which will make it hard for owner to negotiate for paying as per ‘Ford Promise’.
GautamJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 06:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
Though having BS4 EcoSport is still better than BS6 (sorry environment), but I will take Ford India sayings with a pinch of salt. My car has Flexi Plan (basically AMC in Ford terms) and EW valid till 2024. Even if Ford India adheres to honour both the plans, but it is at the discretion of the service centres. With time, I am prepared to see Ford authorised service centres to reduce and turn into a multi-brand service centres, which will make it hard for owner to negotiate for paying as per ‘Ford Promise’.
Possible. But my visit to service center gave me a different impression. Hopefully warranties/AMCs will be honored.
Fingers crossed
Old 13th September 2021, 07:41   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Was going through the weekly column by Mr Bob Rupani, Consulting Editor, Overdrive, who penned this writeup two days back on Ford's abrupt exit. Having seen the auto industry closely since the nearly past four decades his views matter. He has analysed Ford's shortcomings but has also listed the difficulties the company faced.

Among the reasons he has listed include the "ease of doing business in India" and our government's ambivalent stance on the auto industry with constant U turns. He lists the sudden ushering in of the BS VI norms and thereafter suddenly announcing a sudden cutoff date for compulsorily stopping manufacture of ICE vehicles and the start of the "clean" EV era, the flex-fuels era and so on.

I concur with his views when he says that the Western auto makers are not used to cope up with such hassles.

These lines matter:-

Quote:

Then there are the long pending labour reforms, high taxes, corruption, paying of speed money to get permissions and clearances. From what I have observed, the Americans and Europeans are culturally not the best equipped to deal with all these kind of hassles. Indian companies obviously have an advantage while negotiating these hurdles, and even the Japanese and Koreans have learned to cope with these aspects in a better manner.
The full write-up:-

https://www.overdrive.in/news-cars-a...ants-in-india/

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th September 2021 at 07:44.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 07:49   #45
BHPian

I own a Ecosport AT, 2020 Model, should I buy any spare parts now to stock up? Although I had planned to sell it but now it seems impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Anybody having an idea as to how much of discounts one could expect on a EcoSport Petrol DCT? Tempted to pick one if I can get the Titanium variant around 8 lacs .
Seriously? 8 lakhs for the old Ecosport Dry clutch DCT?
I am finding it hard to get a buyer for my Ecosport Titanium Plus Torque Convertor AT, 2020 Model. Even for slightly over 8 lakhs

Although it is not a panic sale after the announcement, I had it listed for sale like 3 months ago.
Before you ask why am I selling a almost new car, well its because I am buying a Mahindra Thar, and also some other investments were lined up.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 13th September 2021 at 08:17. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks