Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 12:52   #91
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Just an experience to share regarding Ford’s service after the big announcement...

...All in all, this experience needed to be told because of various shenanigans going around in the name of FORD service. Still early days, but I would sincerely hope that Ford continues to provide the amazing service that they are known for by now. It’s a pity that they had to cease production and sales here in India, the service still remains top notch.
Good to see that you had a great experience with Ford RSA. However my recent interaction with Ford RSA has been the exact opposite. I had met with an accident around a month back which resulted in both the tyres on the left side getting ripped, a broken tie rod and damaged side floor board. The incident took place in my hometown i.e Mangalore. The body shop and the service centre were at a distance of around 12-13kms from the place where the accident took place. Upon calling the RSA for help and post sharing the location I was given the nearest service centre as Goa i.e around 350 kms from Mangalore I further asked him to confirm the exact location he received to rule out the possibility of wrong location being shared from my phone. However executive confirmed and mentioned the location perfectly which directed to the spot I was in. I told the execute that there is a service centre very close by and I need to get it towed there instead. He told he would check and he again came back with the second nearest service centre as Belgaum which is again close to 400kms away from Mangalore. He told he doesn't have info of any other service centre near me and I was only given option for the two mentioned by him. Both the locations given were way off limits. I finally gave up and told him I would manage on my own and called up a local tow service and got the car towed to the body shop in my city.

At the same time my experience with Ford service especially Cauvery Ford Mangalore remains really satisfying and good. I've never faced any issues or bad experiences so far and the service advisors with whom I regularly interact are very helpful as well. My car (Ford Figo 1.5D) is completing its 5th year in December covering close to 70k kms so far and the entire ownership experience has been smooth. Even after the above incident the entire process of claiming insurance and getting the car back took exactly two weeks with holidays lined up in between as well and the work carried out was also good with prompt deliveries and updates and not requiring any repeated follow ups from my side.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th November 2021 at 20:10. Reason: Trimmed quote
blackbandit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 09:27   #92

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Glad to read about the two positive experiences. While it is early days indeed, I do hope Ford had chosen not to burn bridges and retain some brand recall - they still have a niche import market going. It will be interesting to see how things pan out a couple of years down the line.
Old 14th November 2021, 09:29   #93
BHPian

I just completed my second free service for my EcoSport yesterday at Dhruvan Ford. To sum it up it was really good and I hope this continues for the longest time possible.

My service experience here.
Old 14th November 2021, 15:39   #94
Senior - BHPian

I was speaking to a friend of mine who was a Ford dealer in Eastern India.
What he said was that Ford has entered into a contract with each and every Ford service station to provide after sales service till 2026 minimum, with further extensions, after due diligence by Ford service team for respective service stations, post 2026.
He also mentioned that the financial compensation from Ford to dealerships, on account of sale loss, due to closure of sales showrooms, have been so handsome; that hardly any dealer principal are creating much noise.
Certain dealers have been earmarked for Ford CBU import sales and will be given additional support.
arjab is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 17:05   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
I was speaking to a friend of mine who was a Ford dealer in Eastern India.
What he said was that Ford has entered into a contract with each and every Ford service station to provide after sales service till 2026 minimum, with further extensions, after due diligence by Ford service team for respective service stations, post 2026.
He also mentioned that the financial compensation from Ford to dealerships, on account of sale loss, due to closure of sales showrooms, have been so handsome; that hardly any dealer principal are creating much noise.
Certain dealers have been earmarked for Ford CBU import sales and will be given additional support.
+1, have heard the same from at least two cities including Calcutta. Also that Ford India is more proactive regarding the support and are specifically entering into contracts with each dealer worth its salt regarding the same as you have mentioned, specifically in major cities across India. I was little circumspect about the news when I first heard it around 10 days back but you mentioning the same makes it of little credence for sure

Also, Ford India has repaired the Canyon Ridge Ecosport which had its engine mount broken under goodwill warranty and which I had already mentioned in this thread. The ABS module was also not working and it was also changed under warranty. My friend has driven his car back to Calcutta and BRIJ FORD Allahabad has been of immense help in the whole scenario. They prioritised the work required even during peak holiday season of Diwali. So, Ford India definitely deserves appreciation in respect of the service part.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 14th November 2021 at 17:10.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I just completed my second free service for my EcoSport yesterday at Dhruvan Ford. To sum it up it was really good and I hope this continues for the longest time possible.

My service experience here.
I agree. Dhruvan Ford is pretty decent with the job and they got nearly 5 to 6 times feedback, when i raised an issue regarding my broken antenna.
vennarbank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 13:17   #97
BHPian

During one of my weekend outings, my ecosport's windshield got hit by a pebble cracking it by half an inch. As all my long drives are mostly with family, I didnt want to risk it.

Contacted the SA at PPS Ford, Lalbagh. He was quick to respond to my queries. How much it would cost, insurance process, time it would take etc. At no point was he in hurry to close the conversation.

Dropped the vehicle on Friday evening. Got the car by Monday afternoon. When I went to pick the car, I noticed the sales office of the PPS ford had a different name. Apparently sales office and back office space has been occupied by Ashok Leyland(I hope I remember this right).

However, Ford service will continue to operate from the same place.

Entire process was smooth and stress free.
Poornavakra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 00:20   #98
BHPian

After Ford closing it’s showroom doors for non-CBU car sales, I visited Bhavna Ford ASC (Kalina, Mumbai) for my EcoSport horn issue.
Part was ordered beforehand, as the same was kaput 6 months back for which I was told some setting is done and in case it happens again, the horn will be replaced.

Bhavna Ford experience without climax is incomplete

As per Bhavna Ford, Ford India as changed warranty claim SOP hence, they reconnected connector, did some setting and silicone based spray was used on connector. Worked well for half day, and since then I have been using low tone horn only.
To me, it seems like Ford India has tightened up the claim procedure and only approves it after trying all bits and pieces, even if it means a customer spoils 2-3 days at ASC.
GautamJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 06:40   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
Part was ordered beforehand, as the same was kaput 6 months back for which I was told some setting is done and in case it happens again, the horn will be replaced.

As per Bhavna Ford, Ford India as changed warranty claim SOP hence, they reconnected connector, did some setting and silicone based spray was used on connector. Worked well for half day, and since then I have been using low tone horn only.
To me, it seems like Ford India has tightened up the claim procedure and only approves it after trying all bits and pieces, even if it means a customer spoils 2-3 days at ASC.
I find the dealer's story a bit difficult to believe but I can't be sure.

The dealer has to submit a warranty claim approval request with evidence for Ford to approve the request. If that was already done and the part has been received then, I wonder why they would try to repair instead of replacing it.

The cost of a horn isn't that high so it is strange why they troubled you with multiple visits now. They could have just fixed it right the first time.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 11:26   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I find the dealer's story a bit difficult to believe but I can't be sure.
Quite possible, as my experience with Bhavna Ford has consistently been bad.
Will be visiting Rudraa Ford (Mira Road), hoping they’ll resolve it in first visit itself.
GautamJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:37   #101
BHPian

Got this via WA, Anyone possibly looking for buying a Ford. Looks like they're offering at an amazing discounted prices
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-img20211124wa0003.jpg  

srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Got this via WA, Anyone possibly looking for buying a Ford. Looks like they're offering at an amazing discounted prices

Like most things on WA, this is fake. This has been doing the rounds ever since Ford announced their close of manufacturing operations.

In reality there were hardly any cars with dealers and what was there was also bought off quite fast with barely any discounts. I think the Figo family stock received good discount but nothing for the Ecosport and Endeavour.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:53   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
This is most likely a spam/fraud. Stocks of almost all models have been sold out across country.

https://www.carblogindia.com/fake-de...ing-ford-cars/
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 13:08   #104
BHPian

Yesterday, I was returning home from a funeral of a relative in my Ecosport Ecoboost and as I entered the Western Express highway from Kalina, the car was stuck in 1st gear and the gear stick was moving freely without changing gears. Clutch was fine, so knew that the bushing was likely done for. Shock and dismay as it happened most unexpectedly and family was with me.
Before Ford shut shop, I had taken the EW+RSA for 2 years(valid till Aug'23). So sent the family home by Ola and called up Bhavna Ford RSA. Tow truck came in half an hour and car went to Bhavna Kalina service centre. I followed. Bhavna customer care took over and after a check by the engineer present determined that the bushing had to be replaced. Part was available and being wear and tear part was chargeable for both parts and labour which was acceptable and cost was low. They did the work and also replaced the engine insulation free of cost (safety recall) and within two and a half hours from the car reaching the workshop, I was back on the road. From the start of the issue to resolution, it took a total of a little over 3 hours.
Hats off to For for taking care of their customers. Wish they stayed and gave us a chance to consider their cars.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 17:19   #105
BHPian

I had similar experience last week with my Ecosport.
Was travelling to Hinjewadi, Pune for the weekend, from Mumbai via Mumbai Pune Expressway . Seems there was a Truck which had a break down while climbing the ghat section. The three lanes were squeezed into two. So it was a stop and go traffic on the climb.

Suddenly my clutch gave away and I was stuck in the 2nd gear. I got response after pumping the clutch and was able to change gear to 1st.
Moved over to the slow lane, driving on 1st for a few mins then changed to 2nd.
Again the clutch lost all resistance and I could not change the gear. Got the clutch function back after pumping the pedal. This happened 2-3 more times till I found the tow truck on the side.
A local mechanic drained some fluid [ learned later it was to remove air pockets ] and I was fine driving to my destination.
Got back to Mumbai and went to Bhavna Ford on Tuesday. They kept the car overnight .
I was told there was nothing wrong with the cylinders and everything was all right.
They changed the oil for free and just charged me Rs 300/- for labour.

Enquired about status of my extended warranty and they said it would be honored and there should be no issue with the servicing.
narmad is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks