Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2021, 22:08   #31

Re: How many mistakes are possible in one RC? I counted 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareekvirendra View Post
The way I see it, it is too much of a hassle. The car is great, but I don't think I should be walking into this one.

I will give it a miss as well. From what I have read on this forum, Owning Skoda cars in itself is a hassle due to the service centers, however if you add these sort of issues, it is simply inviting trouble.

I will drop this car and go ahead and get a City fourth Generation.

Thank you everyone for your advise.
It is indeed a hassle to get anything in RC corrected in our country. Luckily for me all is in order. On a side note: If you are still keen on Rapid 1.6TDI, MH14 registered, my car is up for sale. The only catch is that I am in Delhi now so would need to arrange for transportation.
LiveToTravel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 00:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravel View Post
On a side note: If you are still keen on Rapid 1.6TDI, MH14 registered, my car is up for sale. The only catch is that I am in Delhi now so would need to arrange for transportation.
My Father is still keen on a Rapid. Can you please share details of your car? Can you PM me?

Thanks a tonne.
Old 14th September 2021, 22:47   #33

After my 16th birthday, I applied for a motorcycle without gear licence and to my surprise, they issued a motorcycle with gear licence, talked to my RTO agent about it and he advised me to use it as it is.

After my 18th birthday, I surrendered that licence and got an all-new one made for LMV and MCWG.

Again had to re-apply for an all-new licence as my licence was a paper booklet type, and no digital record was present on RTO's servers. Was required to pass a proper driving test before finally receiving my current DL.
Gabbar010487 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 16:54   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Cops won't care or understand all the info anyways so you are safe as well.
Can attest to this first hand.

Once I was stopped in HR while driving from Rajasthan to Delhi in my KA registered car, and asked for papers. I confidently shared all papers including the smartcard RC I had in my wallet, and was cleared to proceed.

After driving for a few kilometres, I realized that I had actually handed over the Car RC to my wife before starting, as I was leaving the car with her and flying back. So the RC smartcard I had handed over for checking was for my 2 wheeler, which would have had nothing in common with the car RC except for the "KA" (even the RTOs were different with the car in KA53 and bike in KA04). Hilarious as well as facepalm moment rolled into one!
NowNew7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareekvirendra View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am currently looking for a car for my father and have set my heart on a new 4th Generation Honda City. My father however has his heart set on a Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI (used), but it is tough to find a good example (we live in Nashik).

He finally managed to find a 2012 Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Ambition which was Central Mumbai registered (MH01). The car looks fine, and its engine feels good too, however, on seeing its RC I can find multiple mistakes.

1. The car is a 1.6 TDI Ambition, however its RC says 1.6 MPI Ambition, i.e. Petrol.
2. The car's engine capacity is given as 1798 CC which is the Octavia or the Superb I think.
3. The car's unladen weight is given as 1454 kg and RLW is 2074. I am not sure which car is 1454 kg, but the RLW of 2074 kg is for a superb.
4. The owner's name is wrongly spelt as well.

I thought the RC might be fake, but the same details are reflected on the RTO's portal for this vehicle. It seems the owner had lost his RC and had a duplicate issued because the RC says Purpose : DUP.

This makes me wonder what's happening and how can one RC have so many mistakes and whether to trust tis car or not.

Would you all please advice if you have seen any instances of so many mistakes in one RC or could there be something Fishy?

MODS: If I have posted in the wrong place, I request you to kindly move the post.

Thank you Everyone.
Hi,
My recent purchase corolla altis was mentioned as petrol instead of diesel. The first owner had pointed it out when he got RC 10 years back, the RTO guys changed in the smart card but in system it was still petrol. I realised when I went for a PUC. Pure laziness on part of RTO employees.
I got mine updated in a day. Basically they have to send data to Parivahan central IT department and it gets done in a flash. The central guys know such errors are common. Its the local guys (RTO plus agents) who don't want to take the pain of sending.
All the corrections in your case will be made at one go. You'll need copy of invoice and insurance for proof. Just get invoice and check if everything is genuine- match with the physical car and then buy the car. Then just go to RTO and push for changes.

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 12th October 2021 at 11:28.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 00:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
All the corrections in your case will be made at one go. You'll need copy of invoice and insurance for proof. Just get invoice and check if everything is genuine- match with the physical car and then buy the car. Then just go to RTO and push for changes.
We finally decided that the car was not worth the hassle and let go of it. It was an amazing car, but not worth the trouble. I apologise for the delayed reply.
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:31   #37
BHPian

Errors in Registration Certificate. What should you do?

The registration certificate for my car has a spelling error in my father's name, and the dealership or their RTO agent does not want to help. Now I am on my own, running around, spending time and money, and hoping the issue would get resolved without a new one cropping up.

What if the spelling error is in a different place, say in your name or address? What if there is a factual error in any of the fields? What would you correct, and when would you correct it?
Old 23rd November 2021, 11:01   #38
BHPian

Re: Errors in Registration Certificate. What should you do?

You are not alone my friend. The same topic is being discussed in another thread below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...unted-5-a.html (How many mistakes are possible in one RC? I counted 5!)
Old 23rd November 2021, 11:56   #39
BHPian

Happened to me as well. But I got to know before getting my RC card.
I got a sms notification from MoRTH when the road tax got credited. At that time, just checked in vahan portal to cross check the details and my name was spelled wrongly(a minor mistake in my last name).
Immediately informed my dealer and they corrected the details with RTO (it took around 2 weeks), later verified the details in vahan portal.
When I got the RC card, all the details are updated.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 13:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
...Immediately informed my dealer and they corrected the details with RTO (it took around 2 weeks)...

Glad your dealer helped you out. NEXA Sarjapur, Bengaluru (Pratham Motors) cares a damn. My experiences from them in every other aspect has been nothing but terrible except for getting the vehicle in 3 weeks.
Old 23rd November 2021, 17:46   #41
BHPian

I can truly sympathize with you. I had faced this when I tried to transfer my registration from RJ to AP. After months of struggle (I was trying to do it on my own without an agent) when I finally got the RC, they had put the model as Superb instead of Fabia as they apparently didn't have the exact model in their system . They then asked me to write an application to the head office to get the exact model added (which I think was more of a facade). I finally had to get in touch with an agent who knew his way through the system and got the RC updated in a few days.
animeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 18:21   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
the dealership or their RTO agent does not want to help.
Quote:
NEXA Sarjapur, Bengaluru (Pratham Motors)
What do they mean by not wanting to help. Mistakes in the RC are unsurprisingly very common. Lucky for you, this is with Maruti who know how to get the dealer in line. Unless you messed up the spellings while filling the form, this is the dealer's mess to clear. Escalate this to Maruti, hopefully it is resolved quickly.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:34   #43
BHPian

The only forms I filled were during the booking in the NEXA customer welcome docket, and the information entered was all correct. The dealer also took copies of my PAN and Aadhaar. There are no issues within the dealership, including my father's name, in my invoices and receipts.

The executive assigned to me clearly states that the dealership is not responsible for what the RTO does (including any insignificant errors and delay/non-receipt of the smart card). Upon insistence, I got the contact details of the RTO agent from whom the dealership got the car registered. The agent says mistakes happen (from whom, I don't know), and I will have to pay for that regardless of whose fault it is. However, at this stage, he says nothing will happen until I am physically present at the RTO with the original documents and follow the processes stated by the RTO officer.

NEXA escalation is a joke. Call or email, or query, feedback, or complaint using the form on the website, go straight to the dealer showroom manager. Even otherwise, the dealership will state that they have networked me with the agent to resolve my silly issue.

Note: My intention for this thread is to understand issues faced by other members. A little more than "get an agent and get it done."
Old 23rd November 2021, 22:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Several years back I had faced similar issue with my newly issued driving licence. There was a mistake in my address. I met the Assistant Regional Transport Officer of licence section at Indiranagar RTO (KA-03), who checked my submitted forms and instructed another official to update my address. They re-printed the DL and handed over to me. It took about half-day. In my case, I had submitted the forms myself and not via an agent.

Last edited by airbus : 23rd November 2021 at 22:47. Reason: Grammar.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 22:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer also took copies of my PAN and Aadhaar. There are no issues within the dealership, including my father's name, in my invoices and receipts.

The executive assigned to me clearly states that the dealership is not responsible for what the RTO does (including any insignificant errors and delay/non-receipt of the smart card).
IIRC, Karnataka is already on Vahan4 system. That would ideally mean all data (customer, vehicle) to be entered by dealer. Is this the case or dealer just forwards the documents to concerned RTO and data entry is done there ?

Even in former situation, RTO staff does have over-riding authority to edit the information based on documentation.

If dealer submitted your details in Vahan4 system, then the buck stops at dealer. Else, you are at the mercy of RTO.

If latter case, I suspect RTO staff makes deliberate mistakes to harass common public and get money under the table.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks