Team-BHP - Hyundai phases out Accent CRDi, Viva models
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai phases out Accent CRDi, Viva models (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24186-hyundai-phases-out-accent-crdi-viva-models-2.html)

Is this a sign of an impending petrol Verna price-cut? Sound logical to let overlapping Accent versions off with only the GLE serving the entry-level sedan market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 441588)
Is this a sign of an impending petrol Verna price-cut? Sound logical to let overlapping Accent versions off with only the GLE serving the entry-level sedan market.

a

Sounds like it....a low-end Verna would've been rubbing shoulders with the Accent CRDi in pricing. I guess they're just clearing the decks the the cheaper Verna.

CRDi Verna low end OTR is 8,2l now without those dealer discounts (there should be some already!). Can we expect this price to cross into 7.x lakhs border?

Keeping two different model and targetting one market segment is not going to be surely economical. I can assume, there is going to be some price cuts in the name of dealer discounts soon for Verna.

Good for me! ;-) I am in the look out for a diesel sedan.

Funny thing! Nobody seems to be taking into account the possibility of the immediate launch of Getz CRDi, which was rumoured to get the Accent CRDi engine ;) . What say?

Quote:

Funny thing! Nobody seems to be taking into account the possibility of the immediate launch of Getz CRDi, which was rumoured to get the Accent CRDi engine . What say?
The Getz CRDi has been awaited since the time of the petrol variants launch. But Hyundai has disappointed with the pricing. The smaller 1.1 variant goes to 4 lakh rupees....so the question is : Will it match the Swift D in pricing?

I talked to a Hyundai showroom salesman and asked about the Getz CRDi. He says it will take 6 months atleast. But he might have wanted to discourage me as i enquired about Verna and then Getz.

i believed as Getz was rumoured to get the 1.5CRDi from Accent, we will be soon getting the Getz CRDi and thats why Accent was discontinued as it overlaps in two segments, with Verna and the Getz.

but...

Surprisingly, no discount at all for Verna, simply no cash discount! OTR price of Verna is 8.2l. I was thinking that as verna didn't do well i might get some cash discount to bring the price to 7.x lakhs territory. :-(

On a related topic over the past few months I've been swwing LOTS of new Verna's on the roads. Most of them (I would say 95%) of them are CRDi's and the rest I've seen are top of the line petrol models. Have only managed to see one lower model petrol on the roads till now. Looks like Verna is doing some good sales numbers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arif_t01 (Post 442744)
Funny thing! Nobody seems to be taking into account the possibility of the immediate launch of Getz CRDi, which was rumoured to get the Accent CRDi engine ;) . What say?

Hyundai has said they will not use the 3 pot engine from the Accent but the Verna engine for the Getz - VGT as this engine is the latest and the Accent engine is outdated.

Weren't Hyundai importing these engines? That could have been the reason why there was a 1.5Lakh price difference between the Petrol and Diesel models. Chances are Hyundai (or Detroit Diesels) have phased out this engine worldwide. And had to take it off the shelves here as well.

The accent has been probably the oldest hyundai vehicle after Santro and it makes sense to bring in newer models on the road. The verna is seen as a replacement for the Accent.. And actually doing quite well in the market, especially after competition from Fiesta, Aveo and other contemporary vehicles..

Overdrive March edition carried a front picture of Hyundai Amica. Will the Amica replace the Santro??

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 442959)
Hyundai has said they will not use the 3 pot engine from the Accent but the Verna engine for the Getz - VGT as this engine is the latest and the Accent engine is outdated.

If this is true it is a good news only from the performance point of view. Its not a good news for people who is looking for VFM dsl hatch! Swift with dashing looks and 75hp crdi OTR is only 5.8l. If Getz gets, oops, i meant if they plonk the more modern VGT 1.5 CRDi from Verna, the pricing going to be really crazy as usual as Hyundai does. With 1.5 they may not be able to get those 4000mm 1.4dsl tax rebates as well, so, they have to detune and bring it down to 1400cc.

Pricing is crucial as Hyundai is desparately in need of a winner at the moment. I bet there will be nothing to rave about in terms of pricing whenever Hyundai launches something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 441211)
Hmmm... they must have seen some merit in it. But otherwise my personal feeling is that Hyundai could have cashed in on a segment that it was not able to earlier. They should have continued with the CRDi version of the car and priced it to compete with the Indigos and Logans. It would have garnered a good amount of sale that way. Their Verna CRDi is definitely not for everyone. Now with their strategy they have left the field open for the Tatas to reap the benefits with their fantastically priced Indigo DiCOR LS (5.25Lacs).

agree: with you if there is a possibility of dropping the production costs, it would have made sense to offer the viva or accent crdi ( not both) in the 6L or 6.5 OTR pricing and they definetly would have raked in good sales numbers atleast for 6-12 months period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 442846)
On a related topic over the past few months I've been swwing LOTS of new Verna's on the roads. Most of them (I would say 95%) of them are CRDi's and the rest I've seen are top of the line petrol models. Have only managed to see one lower model petrol on the roads till now. Looks like Verna is doing some good sales numbers!

I would have to agree with this statement. Here in Bangalore too, i have noticed that the number of Vernas on the roads seem to be on the rise. As pointed out, the diesel variant it is.

I can digest the looks from the front, but the rest of the car looks fine to me.

This morning i saw 2 viva crdi's just out of the showroom ( with ribbons still on them). Are they still clearing stock or manafacturing in very very low numbers:confused:

The ones you saw may be from the dealer's existing stock. Maybe in a month or so from now, all the dealers' stock of the car will run out and we wont be seeing any of these.